PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Anniversary Trip - Day 1

Cinderelley
05-12-2009, 11:12 AM
May 11 was our wedding anniversary. Life has been pretty stressful, so DH decided to kidnap me last weekend. He surprised me with a trip to Disneyland. We hadn't been there since our horrible experience in 2001.

Friday -
I had been planning on having dinner with my brother who was coming in to town from California. DH sprung his surprise on me, so I had lunch with my brother, sister-in-law, mom and stepdad instead. I threw a load of wash insto the washer before I left. I ran home and packed, then hit the gym. When I got home from the gym, DH was home from work and packed.
We headed out to the airport and parked in the long-term parking lot. When I got out of our van, I heard air hissing out of the back tire. Uh-oh! :shake: DH started to investigate, but I told him to just leave it until we got back. Its not like we were going to be using it while we were gone.
We had a nice flight, landed at John Wayne airport, got our rental car from Hertz and headed to our hotel - Holiday Inn Annaheim. The check-in staff wasn't very friendly. Our room was nice and clean. We explored the hotel and decided to get dessert at the restaurant there - the Brasserie. We waited at the "Please wait to be seated sign" for about 8 minutes, and no one appeared, so we left. We had eaten dinner on the plane, so we weren't really hungry. The chocolate cake on the sign in the elevator had looked yummy though.

We headed back to our room where DH watched TV, and I realized I had not brought anything with me to do my homework. After about a minute of feeling bad about it, I realized that I needed a break from everything this weekend and was glad that I didn't bring it. We heard fireworks going off, and rushed to the window, but we couldn't see anything. I must've fallen asleep at some point, because 30 minutes later DH woke me up and said that you could see different fireworks from our window. Sure enough, off to the right were the fireworks from "Remember. . . Dreams Come True". It was great to watch! I really liked the smilie face ones. I don't remember falling asleep again, but I did.

Magic Smiles
05-12-2009, 12:54 PM
What a wonderful surprise. I would love to live close enough to one of the parks to be given a surprise weekend like Disney. Lucky you.

Cinderelley
05-12-2009, 01:06 PM
What a wonderful surprise. I would love to live close enough to one of the parks to be given a surprise weekend like Disney. Lucky you.

I guess you better move down here. ;)

pdrlkr
06-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
06-10-2009, 01:10 PM
what a great surprise!! :mickey:

Lizzie
06-30-2009, 10:19 PM
Nice way to spend a weekend. :mickey: