PDA

View Full Version : parkhopper question

LiloLovesTheKing26
05-11-2009, 04:36 PM
this will be the first year we are not adding the park hopper function to our passes. Since we are staying longer then usual we though we will spend everyday all day in the park but what I am wondering is, can we go back to the hotel and come back to the same park we left? Or once we leave is that it? Just wondering!! Thanks!

Master Gracey
05-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Yes you can return to the same park during the same day.

ransam
05-11-2009, 06:04 PM
make sure you get a stamp when you leave....

BluewaterBrad
05-11-2009, 06:07 PM
oh yeah you can come back!!:mickey:

mainemajor
05-11-2009, 08:33 PM
make sure you get a stamp when you leave....

You no longer need to get your hand stamped.

LiloLovesTheKing26
05-11-2009, 10:37 PM
thanks!!! That is a relief!!:mickey:

johnO
05-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Good to know. We're also going without the park hopper option this year.

CleveRocks
05-12-2009, 05:33 PM
make sure you get a stamp when you leave....Hand-stamping stopped back in 2005. It no longer exists.

KAJUNKING
05-12-2009, 06:50 PM
yes you can go back to the same park after a mid day break, i still highly recommend park hopper, because if you choose to go to mk on Tuesday and it has huge crowds your stuck, if you are really dead set against ph then i recommend going to touring plans dot com and using the best park feature of the crowd calender, good luck

cinderella crazy
05-13-2009, 01:38 PM
Hand-stamping stopped back in 2005. It no longer exists.

I'm curious, If they don't stamp your hand, then how do you get back in once you leave?

Nascfan
05-13-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm curious, If they don't stamp your hand, then how do you get back in once you leave?

The ticket scanner knows. I don't know if it's a combination of the ticket scan and the finger scan, but the ticket scanner knows. Modern technology, ain't it grand?

ThanxForNoticin
05-13-2009, 07:27 PM
The ticket scanner knows. I don't know if it's a combination of the ticket scan and the finger scan, but the ticket scanner knows. Modern technology, ain't it grand?

That's exactly right. A guest's finger scan ties them to a specific ticket, whether it's a non-PH or a PH. No more need for stamping. The system is smart enough to know it's "you" and also which park you entered earlier in the day.

CleveRocks
05-15-2009, 04:03 AM
I'm curious, If they don't stamp your hand, then how do you get back in once you leave?The Great Disney Computer knows all.

All tickets have a magnetic strip. Therefore, every time yu place a ticket through an entrance turnstile, it both accesses info in the database AND deposits info into the database.

So let's say you enter Magic Kingdom in the morning; Disney knows that that exact ticket was used at a MK entrance turnstile. Later that same day, that same ticket is again used at a MK entrance turnstile. The computer sees that you already entered, so it doesn't take a second "day" off your ticket.

If you don't have the park hopper option on your ticket, and you try to enter a DIFFERENT park on the same day, the database knows this, too ... the turnstile at the second park will not unlock, because without the park hopper you aren't permitted to enter two parks on the same day.

Technically speaking, the finger-scan has nothing to do with reusing the ticket at the same park on the same day. ... that just has to do with making sure the ticket isn't used by multiple people.