PDA

View Full Version : getting to monorail

justice11
05-11-2009, 11:58 AM
do i have to go to a world toride the monorail. an intercotee said to go to epcot or mmagic kingdom, but i didn't remember if i can go without getting in.:confused:

ThanxForNoticin
05-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Just to clarify, are you asking if you can ride the monorail without going into one of the parks? If that is your question, you absolutely can ride the monorail without having to enter a park. The main monorail loop goes from the Transportation Center, through Poly/GF to MK, back through CR to the TTC. The other longer loop goes from TTC to EPCOT (outside the main entrance) and back. You will not need to use a park pass to ride.

Mousemates
05-11-2009, 02:04 PM
no...you simply board at any of the stops whether its at one of the parks (MK or Epcot), one of the resorts (CR, Poly, Or GF), or the Ticket and Trasportation Center....often times by simply asking you can also ride in the front car with the "Pilot."

brownie
05-11-2009, 02:28 PM
The only time you'd have to enter a park to get to the monorail is if you're at one of the Boardwalk area resorts. You would enter Epcot through the International Gateway and have to walk from World Showcase to Future World to get to the monorail.

RBrooksC
05-11-2009, 02:29 PM
What is funny is back in 1989, the only way one could ride the monorail is if either the guest was staying on the WDW Resort property or had a pass to the parks. One couldn't just get on and enjoy the ride.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-11-2009, 08:36 PM
What is funny is back in 1989, the only way one could ride the monorail is if either the guest was staying on the WDW Resort property or had a pass to the parks. One couldn't just get on and enjoy the ride.

I don't ever remember them checking for that. As far as I know you could always ride the monorail whether you stayed on property or not. But maybe I just don't remember correctly.

Polynesian Dweller
05-11-2009, 11:40 PM
I don't ever remember them checking for that. As far as I know you could always ride the monorail whether you stayed on property or not. But maybe I just don't remember correctly.

Its a bit of both actually. Originally the monorails were a separate ticket and run by Disney transportation. Also, at one point, to ride the resort monorail you had to stay at a monorail resort and show your resort key. It was the same as at one point you had to show a resort key to ride the resort launches. That's all quite a long time ago.

For quite some time now anyone can ride the monorail and resort launches.

Marilyn Michetti
05-12-2009, 11:14 AM
I remember back in '89 having to show our resort room keys to ride the busses.:mickey:

MNDisney Dad
05-12-2009, 02:53 PM
You do not have to use a park pass to ride, but you may have to pay for parking unless you use the transportation system to get to the transportation center, one of the hotels around the Seven seas Lagoon, or the entrance to EPCOT.

justice11
05-12-2009, 05:31 PM
thank you-all so much. we are getting to excited. 11 days left. oh my gosh, this is nuts.:yay: