PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Expectations

kdssmorse
05-11-2009, 11:45 AM
We are going August 20-25, have never been this time of year. I am making my plan soI can make ADR's does anyone know what the parks are like, is it less crowded on weekdays vs weekends? We have hopper with water so we are flexible.

JabberJaws
05-11-2009, 11:48 AM
From my experience, this time of year should be OK, depending on when the kiddies around the country (particularly in Florida) start going back to school.

As far as when the parks are the busiest, I would avoid MK on a Saturday at ALL costs. IMO, MK is best during weekdays. The rest are somewhat of a toss-up, though I would also avoid Epcot (specifically the WS) on a Friday or Saturday evening, as a lot of folks tend to flock there for the restaurants.

CrabbyPatty
05-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the info. We'll be there August 26 - September 1st and are hoping for less-than-packed conditions.

Does the free DDP bring in a lot of people during this period of time? Thanks!

JabberJaws
05-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Yeah it will bring in some folks, but the most noticable result of the DDP is that you will see certain restaurants (those involved w/ the DDP) get really busy, so I suggest making any ADRs you want as far in advance as you can (which I think is 180 days or something like that).

You are going to be there before Labor Day weekend, so that will help w/ the crowds too as many folks will wait until the holiday to come down.