PDA

View Full Version : Parking at the parks-AAA Diamond Parking

Disney Buff
05-11-2009, 09:49 AM
Has anyone used the AAA Diamond Parking Pass recently? If so has it been a problem and do the attendants know about it? Where is the special parking located?

Thnx

Strmchsr
05-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Used it last week. It was no problem. At MK you follow the signs to the handicapped area and the diamond parking is near that. You have to walk to the TTC from there, though. At Epcot once you go through the parking gate just follow the green line around to the parking. It's painted on the parking spaces. At AK you take the outside loop all the way around, again towards the handicapped parking, and the attendant will show you where to park. At DHS just show them your pass and they'll direct you to the right place. It changes from day to day at DHS and DAK, which is why you have to ask.

Mousemates
05-11-2009, 11:00 AM
We last used it in dec/jan and had no problems...and the parking areas generally seem to be among those closest to the gates...but you still have a bit of the "luck of the draw effect" with the aaa lots in that you never know whether you will be on the near or far end of the line of spaces.

GAN
05-13-2009, 02:25 PM
I used it once at MK several years ago, but as someone mentioned you will need to walk the rest of the way to the TTC. We would have been better off(or no worse off) just parking anywhere and catching the tram. I didn't see any real advantage. I'm not sure how the other parks work out.

magicofdisney
05-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Does the Diamond parking pass allow free parking or just closer parking? Also, who is eligible for this pass? Does it only require a AAA membership?

merlinmagic4
05-13-2009, 02:33 PM
AAA members can get the pass. From what I have heard, some offices require you purchase your tickets or package from them (and some don't). You still have to pay for parking. I thought it was great at Epcot and Animal Kingdom! Magic Kingdom was more of a hike and we didn't use it for DHS.

TheRustyScupper
05-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Does the Diamond parking pass allow free parking or just closer parking? Also, who is eligible for this pass? Does it only require a AAA membership?

1) It does not grant you free parking, just closer in parking.
2) At MK, we think you walk further than using the tram in normal parking.
3) Most AAA stores give them out without purchasing anything.

Granny Jill A
05-15-2009, 08:54 AM
We always have the AAA Diamond Parking Pass, but it's not worth it at MK. The best park for using the pass is EPCOT, especially if you get there early.