PDA

View Full Version : Late night DME question ~

EeyoresBestFriend
05-10-2009, 06:07 PM
If you come in on a late night arrival and you are pretty much the only party ~ would they let you take your own luggage up to the room as they dropped you off? (I am assuming that they will unload your luggage at the time they drop you off)

Any one ever done this or known if it can be done? :confused:

WishingStar2006
05-10-2009, 06:14 PM
When we take our luggage on the ME bus (instead of using the yellow tags) we always carry our own luggage to our room. You are never "forced" to use bell services.

BMan62
05-10-2009, 07:11 PM
If you come in on a late night arrival and you are pretty much the only party ~ would they let you take your own luggage up to the room as they dropped you off? (I am assuming that they will unload your luggage at the time they drop you off)

Any one ever done this or known if it can be done? :confused:

In 'normal' situations, you put the yellow DME tags on your baggage and it is taken off the plane and handled completely differently from regular luggage. Your baggage arrives around 3 hours after your flight lands. It is NOT on the DME bus with you.

Now, if you want to get your bags and bring them on the DME bus with you, do not put the yellow tags on them and claim them at baggage claim yourself. They will stow your luggage under the bus and get it out for you when you arrive at your resort, but you will be handling it yourself from that point on. They do not deliver to your room for you in that case.

Also, if you have a late flight (I believe anything that arrives after 10pm) you MUST claim your own bags as DME will not deliver baggage from the airport after 10pm. This is relatively new and I am not positive on the time, but I believe 10pm is correct.