PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving suggestions?

WSfan
05-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Any thoughts ?

Pally
05-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Not the Liberty Tree Tavern. We just did not like the flavouring of the roast beef or the meats in general. I don't know if it is just a local flavouring that we are not used to but we did not like it. I would suggest a TS that is not a family served meal if you are looking for quality. Good Luck.:mickey:

WishingStar2006
05-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Whispering Canyon at WL....really nice food for Thanksgiving!

wdw_bound
05-10-2009, 07:33 PM
We did Thanksgiving at the Fort in 05 and loved it. It is at the site of Mickey's Backyard BBQ, but the menu was traditional Thanksgiving. It was buffet, with beer and wine included. Not gourmet fare, but still very good. The entertainment was very enjoyable, included dancing with Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Chip & Dale. Get there early, though because there is no reserved seating and people get incredibly territorial at times.

Have a great trip! :mickey:

SFTrny
05-10-2009, 09:40 PM
I'd like to make a suggestion. We've been at WDW for two Thanksgivings so far and we love visiting that time of year. If you want a traditional meal, get a place with a kitchen and cook it yourself....otherwise, surrender to the magic and go with the fun! I would suggest BOMA as a great restaurant that would give you the opportunity for a great Thanksgiving meal - as long as turkey and stuffing aren't a requirement. Besides....Thanksgiving is more than what you eat. It's about having fun and being happy with what you have! You can do that anywhere at WDW.

tony2979
05-10-2009, 11:29 PM
Respectully disagree with the poster about LTT. We love it, and it is the perfect traditional thanksgiving meal. Of course taste will be in the taste buds of the beholder, but we certainly enjoyed it.

I am still pouting that it is no longer a character meal :(