PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Fi Dine In Theater Restaurant

Just-Keep-Swimming
05-10-2009, 03:44 PM
I know that the Sci-Fi diner at Hollywood Studios is a drive in movie:truck: style, but does it actually play a movie? i guess i dont quite understand...:huh:

SBETigg
05-10-2009, 03:57 PM
They don't play a movie. They have a movie screen and they play a continual loop of clips from old 50s sci-fi type films, old drive-in movie refreshment ads, and cartoons.

PhilHarHarMagic
05-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Welcome to Intercot! :woohoo:

LudwigVonDrake
05-10-2009, 05:32 PM
:welcome:

They play about a 45 minute loop of sci-fi clips, ads, and cartoons. The atmosphere in the restaurant is awesome.

Daddy Mouse
05-10-2009, 07:26 PM
The Sci-Fi is one of our favorites. The food is okay, but the ambiance is fun. Sitting in a car/table and watching the bad sci-fi movie clips is fun. I sometimes even steal a kiss from my wife.

Just-Keep-Swimming
05-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Thanks All! :mickey::rocks:

The diner:popcorn: sounds great! :eat:I'll be sure to stop:tiptoe: by there on my upcoming trip.:thumbsup:

tony2979
05-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Sci Fi is a blast. Also got great souvienr cups with glow cubes for the kids....they still use those cups.

Make sure you have ADR's It is pretty busy even at lunch.

dmosher
05-11-2009, 02:18 AM
Yes you will enjoy this. DW and I make it a point to have a meal here every trip. The film reel is the same every time, but the clips are hysterical and the food is decent (nto fantastic), but you are mostly there for the fun atmosphere. Make ADR's as soon as you can and when you get there request a car and try to sit in the front seat!
:pipes:
D

Charlee
05-11-2009, 07:36 AM
The clips are 50s style movie trailers and cheesy adverts. They are really fun to watch and are especially good if you've got a sci-fi fan with you! I love the atmosphere, its a truly unique dining experience and one I will not miss!

Just-Keep-Swimming
05-11-2009, 08:28 AM
I loved those light-up ice cubes!:goofy: We use to request those every year at Hollywood and Vine, which i think is right next to the diner. Not sure. Thanks again!:thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-11-2009, 08:49 AM
I loved those light-up ice cubes!:goofy: We use to request those every year at Hollywood and Vine, which i think is right next to the diner. Not sure. Thanks again!:thumbsup:

That's right next to 50s Prime Time Cafe. Sci Fi Dine-In is across the park, closer to the Muppets area.