PDA

View Full Version : Best Counter Service at Resorts

Tinkerbellaella
05-10-2009, 12:40 PM
I have read all the posts recently about the best counter services in the park. I was wondering...

Where are the best counter services at which resort? What was the best meal there? Is it worth taking the time to get to that resort if it isn't where you are staying?

elmjimmlm
05-10-2009, 01:11 PM
POR has a great food court...There is so much to choose from and the make your own pasta is the best...:thumbsup:

sassy2000
05-10-2009, 02:07 PM
The Pepper Market at CSR is great. If you are on the dining plan, it is a great value. You can get a steak with potatos & veggie for counter service point. They also have mexican and asian choices as well as the grill.

TheRustyScupper
05-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Of course, such a question is awfully subjective:
1) Food Courts - POFQ, including bakery
2) Counter Service - Grand Floridian

thejens
05-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Captain Cooks at the Poly is awesome. I love the pork sandwiches. The noodles are good too. Plus they have Dole Whips! What is not to love!?

playdead88
05-10-2009, 03:45 PM
beaches n cream at the beach club - everything they have is yummy

roaring fork at wilderness lodge has this amazing salad with beets on it - didnt know i liked beets till i had this awesome salad

the boardwalk bakery at the boardwalk - omg seriously i could gain a pound just thinking about that place

12 days to go!!!! :cloud9:

SBETigg
05-10-2009, 04:01 PM
I like Captain Cook's at the Polynesian and Gasparilla Grill at the Grand Floridian. Both are open 24 hours, which is highly convenient. But I don't think any of the resort counter service or food courts are worth visiting if it's not your home resort or very close and convenient to your home resort. For instance, we like to stay at the GF but very occasionally, we'll pop into Captain Cook's. Would I travel from POFQ to Captain Cook's? No.

jakeybake
05-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Gasparilla Games - Grand Floridian
Hurricane Hannah's - Beach Club

jakeybake
05-10-2009, 06:31 PM
beaches n cream at the beach club - everything they have is yummy

FYI - Beaches and Cream is a sit down establishment so it does not qualify as counter service. Only counter service they have is take out ice cream.

Jay

Maleficent's Dad
05-10-2009, 06:47 PM
But I don't think any of the resort counter service or food courts are worth visiting if it's not your home resort or very close and convenient to your home resort. For instance, we like to stay at the GF but very occasionally, we'll pop into Captain Cook's. Would I travel from POFQ to Captain Cook's? No.
:ditto:
Sherri makes a great point.
Interesting thread, but I wouldn't go out of my way for a CS... Just my opinion! :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
05-11-2009, 12:04 PM
I agree that most of the time it would not be worth the time to travel to a resort CS just for the food. That being said, Mara at the AKL is our favorite CS. Butternut squash soup by the pool - defintely something we look forward to when we are staying there!

mudpuppysmom
05-11-2009, 04:53 PM
I'll say that we usually go to the Poly one or two nights to watch the fireworks/Elec. water pageant and we will grab something snack wise at Capt. Cooks -- sometimes if we are traveling through the Poly (we stay at SOG and walk over to catch the monorail), we'll grab a late breakfast or lunch at CC.

Also, DS#1 likes to go check out the animals at AKL, so we grab something at Mara -- they have good food also!

So, while we don't go out of our way to go to these places, we do frequent them for other reasons....the food is ok to decent and it's cheaper than sitting down at a TS in the park for dinner.

illini
05-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Captain Cooks at the Poly is awesome. I love the pork sandwiches. The noodles are good too. Plus they have Dole Whips! What is not to love!?

Yes, yes, yes. Those sandwiches are great. However, I agree with whoever said that I wouldn't go out of my way. If you're exploring the Poly or staying at GF, by all means. But don't go just to eat the food. CC also gets crazy crowded at peak times and just isn't worth it.

However, you get to serve your own Dole Whip. It's amazing just how high you can tower that delicious goodness in that little cup.

ElenitaB
05-11-2009, 05:50 PM
But I don't think any of the resort counter service or food courts are worth visiting if it's not your home resort or very close and convenient to your home resort. For instance, we like to stay at the GF but very occasionally, we'll pop into Captain Cook's. Would I travel from POFQ to Captain Cook's? No.
I might not head over to Capt Cook's from POFQ, but I have been known to travel to POFQ from WL, OKW and Pop for the beignets. :blush:

jarajam
05-11-2009, 06:09 PM
I really like the food at Capt Cooks too. And well, the Dolw Whips go without saying!!!yummo!

slegrant
05-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Roaring Forks at the Wilderness Lodge
Gaspirilla Games at the Grand Floridian
Captain Cooks at the Polynesian

Are all most excellent, especially for breakfast:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
05-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Our favorite resort counter service is Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club...its more of a sit down coffee shop/icecream and burger place, but it doesn't "count" as a table service. Everything is fantastic here. Especially the onion rings and shakes!

playdead88
05-11-2009, 08:09 PM
FYI - Beaches and Cream is a sit down establishment so it does not qualify as counter service. Only counter service they have is take out ice cream.

Jay

but they still dont take adr's - right? and i read somewhere that the pool bar at stormalong bay is now serving burgers from beaches n cream so how would that be counted? cs or ts credit? honestly it doesnt matter how much they charge or what kinda credit is used that place has awesome burgers and icecream :cloud9:

tjstrike
05-12-2009, 12:33 AM
Every resort we've stayed at has had a decent CS but none to go out of your way for. All are worth eating at if you're hanging around the resort / pool that day.

brownie
05-12-2009, 07:25 AM
World Premier Food Court at All-Star Movies.