PDA

View Full Version : Ohana for Breakfast

GINNY69
05-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Hi I was just wondering if anyone can share there thoughts on there dining experience at Ohana's Breakfast. It looks like alot of fun !! I think my 6 year old son will have a great time as well as us adults..

Thanks for sharing your thoughts..

Have a magical day !! :pixie:

wire0monkey
05-10-2009, 08:52 AM
There are tons of Ohana fans out there. People really love it.

I'm sort of neutral on it, and would much prefer another character breakfast.

Here's my reasons:

1. Food service -- the food at Ohana comes in a family skillet. You have to wait for it to be brought to the table. At Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, or Cape May, it's a buffet and you can serve yourself almost immediately. This matters to me because I don't have to keep the kids entertained while we wait for food.

2. Food variety -- any of the buffets have more variety, and nearly all of it is of good quality. Also, one of my party members doesn't like potatoes and they are a staple at Ohana.

3. Getting a table -- I have no idea why it takes so long to seat someone at Ohana, but it always seems like it takes forever.

Good points about Ohana -- the people who perform as characters at Ohana are wonderful. We've seen Lilo, Stitch, Mickey and Pluto there. These are all major favorite at our house and my kids were thrilled. The place is pretty quiet for breakfast and the atmosphere is nice enough. It's a monorail ride to MK or EP from there.

My kids were also thrilled by Minnie and Goofy at Cape May, though.

jensantuit
05-10-2009, 10:37 AM
We haven't been yet but we plan to go in September, we will be traveling with friends who go to Ohana's for breakfast every trip. They absolutely love it and can't say enough good things about it. We can't wait to go. :mickey:

i'm grumpy
05-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Went there last week, had a great time. DN wouldn't eat, was too busy waiting for characters. :D The potatoes are yummy, wonder how they are made.

dancin Disney style
05-10-2009, 12:30 PM
We love Ohana for breakfast and dinner.

We love that it is served to the table. That way you can eat when you want to and not have to sit and wait because Mickey is at the next table and on his way to you.

The food is fantastic, although it's hard to mess up eggs. We love the juice and the pineapple bread. The fruit was really fresh and tastey.

Ohana is our families 'must do' for every trip. This year we have opted for breakfast.

garthbarth1
06-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Is this where you get the Mickey Waffles???

WRWDisney
06-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Love it:thumbsup:

It is our favorite character meal. Love the fact that the food is not buffet style. You get a basket of breads (pineapple bread is amazing:joy:), scrambled eggs, Mickey Waffles, bacon, sausage (not my favorite at any of the breakfast, but that may be just me), fruit, and awesome juice.

Another poster mentioned waiting to be served and entertaining the kids. This has never been an issue for us, because it is a set menu, they have always brought out our food almost immediately and bring refills on any and everything right away. Also, if you have young children, I find the family style to be much easier than buffet.

Hope this helps:D

frakers
06-02-2009, 10:48 AM
The last time we had breakfast there was in September 2008. The adults liked it and so did our 2 and 6 year old boys in particular, just as before when they were a year younger. We have liked Ohana for every meal we have had there, be it breakfast or dinner. We know that every trip to WDW for us is going to include at least one meal at Ohana, it's just a given. :D

jonahbear2006
06-02-2009, 12:54 PM
We loved Ohana and I agree with the person who said that family style is better than buffet. It was a relief to have them take care of us, for once, after we had done so much walking and taking care of the kids already. I think that they will have plenty of variety for your taste! Besides, there are several dishes on the other buffets that are more lavish varieties, that we ended up not even liking.