PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grill

PixieMagic
05-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Opinions? I haven't been here since I was little but it just sounds like fun! Is it true that it's only open for dinner? Is is a character meal and with what characters? And finally what is your opinion on the food? Thank you!

Pirate Granny
05-09-2009, 03:52 PM
We enjoy the food and the characters...Dinner only...Mickey, Pluto, Chip 'n' Dale...it's served family style so there is no menu to choose from.
:pirate:

ElenitaB
05-09-2009, 03:55 PM
It's one of our favorites. The food is good (nothing like FRESH salad), yummy catfish, etc., etc. But what really makes the GG is the combination of the restaurant itself (it revolves and you see/hear snippets of the Living with the Land attraction) and the wonderful character interaction. We've never had a bad meal there and have gone at least seven times over the past few years.

Wrigley
05-09-2009, 05:20 PM
We enjoyed our experience at Garden Grill. The character interaction was great-Chip and Dale spend a ton of time at our table (and it was just us adults!). My husband loved the food, I liked it-it just wasn't one of my favorite restaurants at WDW. I think you'd have a great time. We also really enjoyed being able to peek in at Living with the Land attraction while we ate!:mickey:

Friend of Figment
05-09-2009, 07:06 PM
We reallly like the Garden Grill. I am a gardner so seeing Mickey in his farmer clothes is a treat.

The food is really good - flank steak, catfish, turkey, salad, rolls and ummy breadpudding.

The first time we went here it was just by chance, but now we go every trip.

LudwigVonDrake
05-09-2009, 07:07 PM
I ate there once for lunch and thought the food was okay.

Going2HeavenRU
05-13-2009, 08:40 PM
We were there in Sept of 08 and loved it. We are heading back again this Sept too.

The cheesy potatos and bread are incredible! I also liked the steak, chicken and desert.

Mickey is cute in his farmer outfit and the characters spend a lot of time with you at the table.

I highley recommend going at least once.

Tigerinvestigator
05-13-2009, 11:47 PM
Absolutely our favorite at WDW! Best one on one character interaction with Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is nice with the Living with the land boat ride in view and the revolving floor. They are killing me not being open for lunch when we go next week. No ADR's available right now for dinner but I will try until I get one!:thumbsup:

gaffz70
05-14-2009, 07:05 AM
This is our favorite character meal. The food is really good, love that when u are sitting in a booth, they booth's are so high that you can't see the characters coming...next thing u know..Mickey is sitting right next to you...and they spend some good quality time w/ you

yjgirl32
05-14-2009, 08:08 AM
My DAunt who is going with us in Sept. worked with her husband on a farm so I'm really glad to hear the positive reviews. I am hoping to get a reservation for here. Thanks for the info.

tinkgirl07
05-14-2009, 08:57 AM
I hope you were able to get an adr for garden grill. I think you will really enjoy it. I find it so fun to see mickey and the gang dressed up in other "costumes" (farmer's at GG, chefs and Chef Mickey's, etc) It makes for fun pictures and great if you are a scrapbooker! Just to put in another vote for this restaurant, I think this is a very underrated restaurant since Epcot has so many amazing restaurants in WS. I love everything about this place. The food is great, I prefer family style to buffet, because you get all you can eat/more of whatever you want, without having to leave people at the table or worry about missing the characters. The restaurant is very cool as it slowly rotates. The only this is the booths on the lower section were horseshoe shaped and a little hard to get out of to meet characters. I suggest putting those who like to be in the pics on the outside so its easy and quick to get up for pics and those who like to stay behind the camera (my mom) in the inside because it's harder to get out fast. Hope this helps!

TheRustyScupper
05-14-2009, 09:03 AM
1) Nice environment.
2) Able to see parts of The Land exhibit while rotating.
3) Nice character interaction.
4) Good comfort food.

NOTE: The only disadvantage is that tables are seated only on one side on the lower tier. This means that talking among a party larger than 3-4 is difficult.

cer
05-14-2009, 09:39 AM
Also, the lay-out of the restaurant, if you are on the lower tier is very private, which is nice.

PixieMagic
05-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Yay! I am so happy to hear all these reviews! I've fully convinced my family now and on Monday I get to call and try to get my ADR's!!! WOO HOO

Laughin' place
05-14-2009, 02:19 PM
GG is a must for us every trip. The character interaction is great, we always have lots of fun and great pictures. What I like most about the food is that it is alot like "home made" food. On a long trip especially, there are times I get tired of "eating out". This tastes like good home cooking -- fresh and healthy and delicious. Some of the food is grown right there at the Land -- the boys liked riding the ride and then eating some of the food they saw being grown.:chef:

Ropachs
05-14-2009, 02:32 PM
We finally ate at GG last October and wish we hadn't waited so long! I second all the good things everyone has said, great choice!

princessesmom
05-14-2009, 08:24 PM
We ate there for the first time in February and were very disappointed. Maybe it is just us, but we hated the seating. We are a family of 6 and you could really only speak with the person next to you, everyone is facing out from the booth. The service was incredibly slow. We didn't care much for the food. It was my son's birthday. They brought him a cupcake to decorate and frost and two others. The problem was that we have 4 children and of course they all wanted this. I had to ask two times to have another cupcake for the 4'th child before they finally brought it out. We were there two hours! The characters were nice and the kids enjoyed them, but my husband and I were so frustrated by the time we left. Maybe our experience isn't the norm, but we will never go back.