PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Returns

tinkwest
05-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend Returns :walk:

The Disneyland® Half Marathon course begins at Disney's California Adventure® Park — where California's storied past and fantastic future is celebrated — and flows to Disneyland® Park, which is full of fanciful "lands" of nostalgia, color and delight.

From there, runners race through the scenic streets of Anaheim and complete a loop:

* past the Honda Center (home of the Anaheim Ducks)

* along the Santa Ana Trail overlooking the Santa Ana River

* around Angel Stadium (home of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim)

* and finally back through Disney's California Adventure® Park for an exciting finish of the Happiest Race on Earth!

In order to participate in the Disneyland® Half Marathon, you must be 14 years of age or older and able to complete the course in three-and-a-half (3.5) hours or less (averaging a 16-minute-mile pace).

If you're looking for some fun on a shorter course, families can enjoy a 5K run, which winds through the Disneyland® Theme Parks. The 5K run is open to everyone, so all can take part in the weekend events!

Schedule of Events

* Saturday, September 5, 2009: The 5K run

* Saturday, September 5, 2009: The Kids' Races

* Sunday, September 6, 2009, scheduled start time 6:00 a.m.: The Half Marathon

Disney's Health and Fitness Expo

Disney's Health and Fitness Expo is a 2-day celebration focused on health and fitness. The event involves seminars on training, racing and nutrition, and offers the opportunity to experience the latest in running and fitness equipment.

Expo Location: Disneyland® Hotel Exhibit Hall

Expo Times:

* Friday, September 4, 2009 from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

* Saturday, September 5, 2009 from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

To register for the Disneyland® Half Marathon events, visit Disneylandhalfmarathon.com (http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/dwws/en_US/events/eventDetail/detail?name=DisneylandHalfMarathonDetailPage).

whistlewhileyouwork
06-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Anyone going after the coveted "coast to coast" medal in sept. I am and I was wondering if anyone else is or has last year.:mickey:

Curious about the start, we are staying at the DGC and it looks like the start is right outside the front door. But it may just be the map:mickey:

Tinkerbella
08-11-2009, 04:26 AM
Ooohhhh! I'd LOVE to register for this. I've been training for the Rock N' Roll Half Marathon that's happening in Las Vegas this December. I'd probably just do the 5k this go round...Hmmm, must see if I can get the time off of work

Patricia
08-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Anyone going after the coveted "coast to coast" medal in sept. I am and I was wondering if anyone else is or has last year.:mickey:

Curious about the start, we are staying at the DGC and it looks like the start is right outside the front door. But it may just be the map:mickey:

whistlewhileyouwork, last year the start was behind the Disneyland Hotel. I was hoping to do the coast to coast this year, but had a set back. Maybe next year.

:mickey: Good Luck to you!

For anyone interested, the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon registration is closed for this year. Watch for the 2010 registration to open in the early spring. It fills quickly, so register early.

whistlewhileyouwork
08-26-2009, 01:22 PM
I cant wait!!! Thank you......my friend and I are jumping out of our skin. We leave next Thurs from JFK...direct to LAX.:mickey:

Patricia
08-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Have fun! I can't wait to hear about your experience.. you'll have to report.

I can't wait to return next year.

Melanie
09-07-2009, 09:35 AM
Jaeyung Hyung, of Las Cruces, N.M., Wins Fourth Annual Disneyland Half Marathon

Winner leads field of nearly 12,000 through Disneyland Resort and Streets of Anaheim

ANAHEIM, Calif. (Sept. 6, 2009) – Jaeyung Hyung, 38, of Las Cruces, N.M., celebrated his first-place finish at the fourth annual Disneyland Half Marathon Sunday, crossing the finish line with a time of 1:10:44 to lead the estimated field of nearly 12,000 participants.

“I really enjoyed running the race here,“ Hyung said. “There were so many people, and Disney made it a lot of fun.”

Placing overall second was Benjamin Gomez-Gutierrez, 32, of Jalos, Mexico, with a time of 1:12:46. Dennis Hong, 17, of Chino Hills, Calif., finished third with a time of 1:13:10.

Mandy Grantz, 23, of Pasadena, Calif., celebrated as the women’s champion with a time of 1:26:00. Grantz, a second-year graduate student at California Institute of Technology, was running her first Disneyland Half Marathon.

“I’ve never been the winner of any race before,” Grantz said. “And I’ve never been to Disneyland before, so running through the parks was so much fun.”

The women’s second-place finisher was Stacy Schafer, 42, of Carlsbad, Calif., with a time of 1:26:32. Angela Bestwick, 33, of Las Vegas, Nev., took third place with a time of 1:28:06.

Kevin Broady, 47, of Orange, Calif., earned a notable Master’s Division (age 40+) victory for the second year in a row and a fourth overall ranking with a time of 1:13:25. Edith Martinez, 41, of Brea, Calif., was named the top women’s Master’s Division finisher with a time of 1:27:33.

In the men’s wheelchair division, Scott Parson, 50, of San Jose, Calif., crossed the finish line first with a time of 48:55. There were no participants in the women’s wheelchair division this year.

Approximately 13,500 runners from 50 states and 13 countries registered for the magical 13.1-mile Disneyland Half Marathon this year, putting the race at full capacity. The field included first-time half marathoners as well as veteran runners. The course traveled through two Disneyland Resort theme parks and along Anaheim streets with landmarks such as the Honda Center and the Angel Stadium of Anaheim, while Disney characters and festive entertainment inspired them along the way.

Runners who completed the half marathon received a commemorative Sleeping Beauty Castle medal, the signature medal of the Disneyland Half Marathon and one in the Disney’s Endurance Series collection.

The second annual Coast to Coast Challenge Race medal was presented to approximately 1,751 runners who completed the Walt Disney World Marathon, Half Marathon or Disney’s Princess Half Marathon this year at Walt Disney World Resort and then also completed the Disneyland Half Marathon. The Coast to Coast medal showcases the iconic “Partners Statue” of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse.
The 2010 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend is scheduled for Sept. 3-5, with the Half Marathon being held on Sunday, Sept. 5.

The Half Marathon is just one of 11 weekend events that make up the Disney’s Endurance Series, which gives recreational athletes of all ages and abilities the chance to walk, jog, run, bike and swim their way “around the world.” From running marathons to road races and triathlons, participating athletes at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World compete to stay in shape, achieve personal-best times and raise donations for charitable causes.

Visit www.disneylandhalfmarathon.com for more information and to view complete searchable race results. For downloadable photos from the race, visit www.disneyparkspress.com/halfmarathon.
For information about new attractions and vacation offers at Disneyland Resort, visit www.disneylandnews.com.

tinkwest
09-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Sleeping Beauty Castle run-through