PDA

View Full Version : What's your least favorite stage show at WDW?

BriarRose
05-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Another post about Fantasmic got me thinking. One of the posters on that post said they loathed Fantasmic. While I have only seen it once at WDW (we see it everytime at DL-soooo much better there!) and felt no need to see it again, I was wondering what is/was your least favorite stage show, current or past.

For me, our first trip was in 2001, so I don't have a really good reference point, but Tarzan Rocks was so bad in my opinion, that I can't believe I sat through the entire show.

Breochaid
05-08-2009, 03:38 PM
I haven't seen as many of the stage shows as I would like either, but the one that sticks out in my mind was also Tarzan Rocks. We saw that on our honeymoon in 2002. I was not impressed in the least!

ali'sdad2003
05-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Tarzan Rocks was awful. :sick: I would have to say the Indiana Jones is tired. If you see it once, that is more than enough. We were in the show on our honeymoon, which made it a little better. All the rest are done really well.:D

BriarRose
05-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Tarzan Rocks was awful. :sick: I would have to say the Indiana Jones is tired. If you see it once, that is more than enough. We were in the show on our honeymoon, which made it a little better. All the rest are done really well.:D

That's true, I forgot all about the Indy show. We only saw that once in 2001, too. Haven't felt the need to see it again.

BMan62
05-08-2009, 04:41 PM
If you consider LMA a stage show, that can go immediately!!! Loud, hot, and boring! Sitting on metal stadium benches in clouds of smoke and gas fumes - no reason DW and I ever have to visit that area again.

BTW - DW adored Tarzan Rocks! Just goes to show you -- 'different strokes for different folks!'

marlaine
05-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Flights of Wonder at Animal Kingdom. We've tried it 2 times, and we've left in the middle 2 times!

mickeys_princess_mom
05-08-2009, 05:49 PM
=BTW - DW adored Tarzan Rocks! Just goes to show you -- 'different strokes for different folks!'
DD and I enjoyed it, too! Can't stand the Nemo show that took its place.

Marilyn Michetti
05-08-2009, 08:43 PM
The worst is that sit and giggle thing they put in the Saloon in MK.

BTW, I also LOVED Tarzan Rocks, but understand that it wasn't for everyone.:secret:

andreallybadeggs
05-08-2009, 10:27 PM
The worst is that sit and giggle thing they put in the Saloon in MK.

Oh you are so right...didn't do my research a few years back. Thought I was taking my Dad to see a hoe-down kind of show and turned out to be that awful sing along with no place for an old man to sit.

snerd475
05-08-2009, 10:52 PM
I saw Pocohontas on the last weekend it was there, and I can understand why they abandoned it. :bored:
The Nemo show is beautiful, colorful, but about 20 minutes too long. I couldn't wait to get out of that place. That, to me, is the current worst.

Pagan
05-09-2009, 12:06 AM
"Festival of The Lion King"...no contest.

AmandaChan
05-09-2009, 03:10 AM
Flights of Wonder at Animal Kingdom. We've tried it 2 times, and we've left in the middle 2 times!

Really?? DH and I love this show. I would have to say my least favorite is Lion King. DH loves it and I honestly don't see why everyone loves it so much.

jusandnew
05-09-2009, 10:13 AM
The least favorate would be Indy. Once you see it you know the outcome and what they are going to do. I also like the 3-d shows.
If I had to pick one show I could go to it would be Lion King. The Nemo and past Tazan I also like.

Meteora
05-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Probably Festival of the Lion King--I don't dislike it, but I have no desire to see it again.

My family loved Tarzan Rocks, but we also love the Nemo show--we wish they could have coexisted. We also love Flights of Wonder (but we are bird people), and Fantasmic is our favorite show in the World (but we haven't seen the Disneyland version--someday, hopefully). We're not huge fans of Beauty and the Beast, either, but that's because we've been utterly spoiled by the Broadway version.

GrmGrninGost
05-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Nemo :ack:

DANAM
05-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Stunt show in DHS is one that we will probally never do again.

Love Lion KIng show.

Lakin
05-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Funny how a lot of people dislike the Indy show; My dad liked it a bit. I was a baby when he watched it, so I really don't know how good or bad it is. My mom didn't watch it.

Sadly, that's the only stage show we've seen, really. We're hoping to see more next time we go. :)

WDW_Obsessed
05-09-2009, 12:17 PM
My vote is for Indy, now that Tarzan Rocks is outtie. I didn't enjoy that show at all, but it's so interesting to me that every poster seems to have a different opinion about the shows. For every show one person despises another one loves :thumbsup: For example, I love LMA at DHS...I could watch it over and over again. But others can't stand it!

MaxPower
05-09-2009, 01:24 PM
I was never a fan of The Hunchback show that played at the Studios.

I also have to say I am surprised at the comments from those who do not like Festival of the Lion King. In terms of shows, it's one of WDW's best.

ASweetLov
05-09-2009, 01:26 PM
I love stage shows. So far I have loved all the ones I have been able to see.

crltkcagle
05-09-2009, 02:57 PM
I love stage shows. So far I have loved all the ones I have been able to see.

I second that :mickey:

spoiledraf
05-09-2009, 03:51 PM
There are people that don't like The Festival of the Lion King?

I never would have believed it. It 's the number one thing we plan on seeing with our grandkids this trip. Well, that and Mickeys playhouse. :party:

Meteora
05-09-2009, 05:59 PM
I also have to say I am surprised at the comments from those who do not like Festival of the Lion King. In terms of shows, it's one of WDW's best.

This entire thread leads me to believe that what is "best" is definitely subjective! The nice thing is that there are enough shows to accommodate everyone! :thumbsup:

Mousemates
05-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Tarzan was to me the worst of the worst...can't really fully comment on the little mermaid given that I always fall asleep before its over.

PopeCharming
05-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Even though Tarzan Rocks is defunct, its awfulness breaks through barriers of time, and so I will choose that.

Zawadi
05-10-2009, 04:51 AM
I haven't seen as many of the stage shows as I would like either, but the one that sticks out in my mind was also Tarzan Rocks. We saw that on our honeymoon in 2002. I was not impressed in the least!
We saw Tarzan Rocks the year after it replaced Jungle Book. We found it too loud, even though we like the Phil Collins soundtrack. To date, it's the only show that we've walked out of.

"Festival of The Lion King"...no contest.
After you've seen the West End(London)/Broadway show then I can understand this as it doesn't really tell the Lion King story. However, as a piece of entertainment we've seen it 16 times with more to come.

ThanxForNoticin
05-10-2009, 10:30 AM
I really tend to prefer the threads the focus on the positive questions - the best, not the worst. There have been a number of shows through the years at Disney, and all have had their good points.

I won't pick a show as my worst or least favorite. You can usually tell the shows that are less popular, because they are no longer there. Some of the other shows have been more about the 'storyline' of the time - Hunchback for awhile, Tarzan for awhile, and now Nemo. The longevity of the Festival of the Lion King speaks for itself - it's a show people love and go back to see over and over. The same could be said for Beauty and the Beast.

Dickson Thunder
05-10-2009, 03:02 PM
We do not like the LMA at all. I'll put on my flameproof suit and also state that Fantasmic was not as great as I expected it to be. Beauty and the Beast is our favorite, followed closely by Nemo.

joanna71985
05-10-2009, 05:32 PM
I am a huge theater person, and haven't had any issues with the shows I have seen. I haven't seen any yet that I couldn't stand to see more then once.

Mom2princesses
05-10-2009, 10:18 PM
We loved most of shows that we have seen. Nemo, well I thought it was ok and also thought it was too long but we were stuck in the back on those bleachers and it was so uncomfortable and over croweded so that may have infuenced our opinion. We loved the flights of wonder and thought it was awesome the birds were amazing. This time we'll skip Nemo and do FTLK.

i'm grumpy
05-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Tarzan was awful and once was enough for Indy and Lion King. I'm sure there are others. The Stich part was cute, but the rest of the new show in TL is lame!!! Also the Pixar block party was so not good, expecially after waiting in the blazing sun for it to move our way.

dream6
05-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Another vote for Tarzan Rocks - I was not a fan. I do miss the Hunchback show though. I remember the warm up act was hilarious.

Villains0501
05-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Tarzan Rocks!

yjgirl32
05-11-2009, 09:04 PM
I agree with joanna71985. All the ones I have been to have been fine. I did fall slightly asleep to LMA- but it was really hot and I was extremely tired.

tjstrike
05-11-2009, 11:40 PM
I'm a little burned out on little mermaid. (does that count as a stage show ?). Indy is not that great either. But we really liked Tarzan rocks and Nemo.

DizneyFreak2002
05-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Tarzan Rocks was aweful... I think Beauty and the Beast has worn out its welcome now too...

RAIDER
05-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Another vote for Tarzan Rocks . It was embarrassing to watch . :ack::ack::ack:

poeticeclipse
05-12-2009, 10:05 AM
I think I've seen Indiana Jones and FOTLK enough times that I never really need to see them again. Not that they are bad shows... they just aren't ones that I can do every trip and fully enjoy.

Now, Finding Nemo is my new favorite... taking the place of Beauty and the Beast. I think B&TB will never be the same without Four For A Dollar as the opening act. I saw them 2 days before they were gone and bawled my eyes out.

Granny Jill A
05-15-2009, 09:08 AM
I so looked forward to seeing Fantasmic for the first time last year. Couldn't have been more disappointed. It was way too long and actually kind of boring and stagey.

Lights Motors Action show is another one I can forget about. I've seen better action on TV shows, and again, it was way too long.

Indiana Jones needs an upgrade - NOW!

Finding Nemo - wonderful for first-timers. It is too long. Noticed a lot of people getting up and leaving.

Saw Tarzan Rocks before they closed it, and liked the hunky star and the roller-blading monkeys. The "rock" portion was a big yawn.

Festival of the Lion King - again it's wonderful for first-timers, but repeat performances are tired. Also needs an upgrade.

MNNHFLTX
05-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Lights, Motor, Action was okay to watch the first time, but I have no desire to see it again. And yes, Indiana Jones has kind of lost its appeal to me too. And while I love Beauty and the Beast, some of the costumes and props looked pretty worn the last time I saw it.

One thing I do have to add--while I can understand that not all shows appeal to all people, I really wish people would not leave in the middle of the shows. It is distracting to other members of the audience and the performers on the stage too, I would think. One time when we were watching Nemo, the family in front started a discussion halfway through the show about whether they should stay or go and then finally got up and left. It really detracted from the show.

BriarRose
05-15-2009, 01:17 PM
One thing I do have to add--while I can understand that not all shows appeal to all people, I really wish people would not leave in the middle of the shows. It is distracting to other members of the audience and the performers on the stage too, I would think. One time when we were watching Nemo, the family in front started a discussion halfway through the show about whether they should stay or go and then finally got up and left. It really detracted from the show.

I agree. I have never left a show simply because I didn't like it. We did leave Monster's Inc Laugh Floor the first time we saw it only because we had reservations for dinner and didn't realize the show was as long as it was.

And although I started this post with my dislike of Tarzan Rocks, it still wasn't as bad as The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad at Islands of Adventure. That was truly horrible. I felt sorry for the actors having to do that show. And the only show we have walked out of on purpose was the Bill and Ted Halloween show at Universal, but that show was offensive.

I realize that those shows are not Disney shows, but it puts it in perspective for me that the worst show at Disney is better than some shows elsewhere.

joanna71985
05-15-2009, 07:06 PM

I totally agree. I think that is really rude to do so.

Iluvpooh
05-15-2009, 08:52 PM
I don't really like any of them. To each his/her own right? I think my least favorite would have to be Nemo. I just thought it was strange.

pluto 77
05-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Lights, Motors, Action is the worst! Its long, boring, loud, and hot. And what makes it even worse is that it takes forever getting out of the stands.