PDA

View Full Version : Questions about POFQ

JoDisney
05-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Are the rooms dated, dusty and dirty, in your opinion? How is their food court for lunch/dinner? Do they have an outside bar/food area?

mitchsfan
05-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Stayed there in September 2006. The rooms were gorgeous. Never had a problem with them being dirty or dusty.

The Food Court is your basic foodcourt. Nothing too fancy. Food was good.

I know they have an inside bar and almost positive they have a bar near the pool.

We really enjoyed our stay at the French Quarters.

JoDisney
05-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Does the jacuzzi have cool water in the Summer?

dream6
05-07-2009, 11:07 PM
I just stayed there in March and definitely didn't find the rooms dusty or dirty. Dated is very much a matter of opinion but I think it fit in with the theme of the resort and the room wasn't shabby or worn out if that's what you mean. There is a pool bar - but I can't remember if the serve food. I think I want to say no. But the food court is very close to the pool. The food court itself is decent - it's small in my opinion. The beignets are amazing! However, we did encounter some unfriendly CM's here. I hope I was of some help!

JavaDuck
05-08-2009, 01:24 AM
I can't answer about a bar at the pool, but can say that when we stayed at POFQ last summer the rooms were clean, not dusty, and everything appeared in great shape.

The food court seemed to have a good selection of food. We only had a few things there and for a food court it was normal food court fare.

Seasonscraps
05-08-2009, 03:10 AM
They have a small pool bar - almost counter like.

The jacuzzis are heated year round.

MOJoe
05-09-2009, 09:42 AM
The pool bar is not nearly as small as those at the value resorts. It's a real bar and not just a drink counter. If you want to hang out and chat with friends or the bartender - i forget his name - you have plenty of room. It's a nice place to hang and relax for an hour or so.

I know we had food poolside. I can't remember if we got it at the bar or brought it from the food court. Nevertheless, i believe you can get something to eat at the pool bar.

dancin Disney style
05-09-2009, 01:22 PM
POFQ is my absolute favourite resort. It had always been my dream resort and when we finally stayed there it didn't disappoint. The rooms are not the least bit tired or worn out.

The food court is small, as stated, but you have the full use of everything at POR and their food court is rather large with different options.

crltkcagle
05-09-2009, 03:01 PM
We will be there in 17 days so I will let you know! Sorry I can't contain myself I am too excited!:woohoo::joy::clappy::yay::pixie::sulley:

Stu29573
05-09-2009, 03:14 PM
We'll be there in 36 days!!!!!:number1:

Giselle
05-09-2009, 09:13 PM
We really liked this hotel. We only ever stayed in Deluxe hotels until we tried POFQ. We really liked the pool, the convenience of the bus stop and food court. The food court was okay. They had your basic fast-food type foods. They do a cute little thing where the kids where chef hats and make a cookie or something in the mornings. The rooms were not as modern and updated as the Contemporary, but they were by no means dusty or dirty. I would recommend it. Try getting building 3 if you can. Its close to the bus stop, pool, and food court.

TheRustyScupper
05-10-2009, 02:50 PM
1) The food court is good, especially the bakery.
2) The jacuzzi is heated at all times.
3) There is a pool bar.
4) The Scat Cat Lounge is a bar with jazz.