GreenB
05-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Hi Everybody!!

Kona Cafe or 'Ohana.
Which one do you like best for diner?

Thanks for your time.

SBETigg
05-07-2009, 06:30 PM
I much prefer 'Ohana. I had a bad experience at Kona with food and service and I'm not in a rush to go back. 'Ohana is fun with great atmosphere and good food. Though Kona has a lot of fans, so I probably hit it on a disastrous night.

DANAM
05-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Never been to Kona Cafe. We hope to try it in December but 'Ohana's is one of our favorites. We eat at least one meal here ever trip.

dfamasb
05-07-2009, 06:52 PM
We tried Kona for lunch last trip and it was good, but Ohana outshines it by far!! Definitely Ohana!!:thumbsup:

jillluvsdisney
05-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Kona is one of our favorites. It's a must do every trip. We have never had a bad meal there. I enjoy O'hana also. My best advice would be to study the menu of both places.

crltkcagle
05-07-2009, 07:26 PM
OHANA OHANA OHANA OHANA OHANA..... DID I MENTION OHANA'S? lol its our favorite and a must on our trips.

BelleKP
05-07-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm also interested in people's responses as we have the same decision to make. I have eaten at O'Hana's and really enjoyed it . . . but one of my best friends ate at Kona and raved about it . . . DH hasn't eaten at either. Until swayed otherwise I think we will do O'Hanas for dinner and maybe hit Kona for some Tonga toast one morning! :D

PixieMagic
05-07-2009, 08:36 PM
OHana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

faline
05-07-2009, 08:37 PM
O'Hana's is very popular. Personally, we prefer Kona Cafe.

Fangorn
05-07-2009, 10:39 PM
It depends on what you're wanting from the meal.

If you're with a bunch of friends want good food but are more about the fun and experience together than fine dining, then 'Ohana is your choice. It's particularly fun and memorable if you plan you ADR so that you're seated when Wishes (or better yet, Hallowishes) starts.

On the other hand, if you want a more intimate dinner with more choices a quieter atmosphere and better food (imho) then you should opt for Kona. As far as I'm concerned, Kona is one of the best kept secrets in the World for dinner. We have always had excellent food and service at Kona.

Enjoy!

Steve

GreenB
05-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Thanks to all for your answers!

I feel, and it is only a guess, that food at Kona is better but, at the same time, we are traveling with our kids ages 9, 7 and 11 months.

I think me and my wife would enjoy more eating at Kona but I think everybody would enjoy better 'Ohana. Not for the food but for the ambience.

That's the decision I have to make.

illini
05-08-2009, 02:53 PM
You're making the right choice. 'Ohana is hands down our favorite at WDW.

Kona... ew. They tried to make the food fancy, but it was just icky. Horrible, horrible service. It will be a very long time before we try it again, if ever.

I readily admit to being a WDW food snob, though I don't think I'm a food snob IRL. We just haven't been particularly thrilled with any of the sit-downs at WDW with the exception of 'Ohana. It's fun and the food is great. Well, the meat isn't (but I don't really like meat) but everything else is wonderful!

GreenB
05-08-2009, 06:18 PM
OK

I made up my mind. I made my research and my decision is that we are going to eat at 'Ohana.

There may be better places where the food is fancier but I think the kids will enjoy very much what 'Ohana has to offer.

Thanks to all for your help.

pooh0601
05-14-2009, 06:45 AM
Ohana's is a no-brainer. Especially with kids. The service at Kona Cafe has been exceptionally slow the past few times we ate there. Whether it's breakfast, or dinner.

The variety of food at Ohana's can't be beat by a single entree at Kona IMO.

With kids that age, maybe consider Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey's. Cape May is another spot the both you and your kids will enjoy(no characters like Ohana).

yjgirl32
05-14-2009, 08:10 AM
Glad to hear all the wonderful reviews of O'hanas- this is on of list of places to try this Sept.

ransam
05-14-2009, 09:27 AM
seems 'Ohana is winning....and it's my vote as well.. never been to Kona so i can't say anything good or bad.
but 'Ohana wasn't just our best meal at Disney.
It might have been my best meal ever....
I loved the atmosphere, the food, salad, bread...it was all fantastic. one advice. See if you can get a window seat....we got there at 4pm, when it first opened... Our seat was right by the window, we could see the castle in the distance...it was the night of Mickey's Christmas party, so even though it was 4, it was turning colors for christmas....great meal and view.

cer
05-14-2009, 09:33 AM
I've been to both, if you have not done either, Ohana is a must do experience. I have gone there everytime we have been to WDW and it was not until our third trip that we got around to trying Kona. No to knock Kona, but Ohana dining is special.

poeticeclipse
05-14-2009, 10:06 AM
I always say 'Ohana for dinner and Kona for breakfast.

Tinkerbella16
05-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Kona is my favorite place, but for breakfast!

I would go with Ohana for dinner definately though!

Aggie97
05-14-2009, 08:08 PM
I always say 'Ohana for dinner and Kona for breakfast.

I agree! :thumbsup:

jszczur5
05-19-2009, 03:23 PM
We have only been to Kona for breakfast, and 'Ohana for dinner, but they were each so spectacular that we are doing 2 Kona breakfasts this year (mmm real coffee and Tonga Toast) and 2 'Ohana dinners (mmmm everything).
We considered switching it up a bit and doing 1 breakfast at each and 1 dinner at each. But, then we regained our senses, and decided not to mess with perfection.
Besides, I don't think you can see Wishes from Kona.

LandFan
05-20-2009, 10:58 AM
We're Kona people. We didn't find O'hana particularly enjoyable - sorry:blush: Even my (then) 10yr old niece preferred Kona.

O'hana feels very busy, impersonal and noisy to me. Kona feels more attentive...JMHO.

I'd say try them both:thumbsup:

Granny Jill A
05-20-2009, 01:52 PM
I ate at O'Hana for the first time last year and loved it, but I felt like I needed to bring another stomach to handle all the food. Everything was delicious, but there was so much food coming at you all the time. I felt pressured to eat more than I should.

On the other hand, Kona Cafe is my oasis for dinner after a busy day at the parks. I always make room on my schedule for Kona, and I've never had a bad experience there.

thejens
05-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Ohanna is a great choice for kids. Go hungry!!!!

big blue and hairy
05-22-2009, 12:38 PM
OHANA OHANA OHANA OHANA OHANA..... DID I MENTION OHANA'S? lol its our favorite and a must on our trips.
Will you PLEASE get off the fence? ;) Actually, I prefer a third option, we sit in the comfy chairs outside Ohana, have a drink and those delicious Ohana chicken wings!

:sulley: