PDA

View Full Version : Disney May Madness "The Championship" The Lion King vs. Beauty and the Beast

Greenlawler
05-07-2009, 03:31 PM
So here it is after 2 months we are down to 2.

Both of these films have crushed all who stood in their way. I defianlty think these are the two most popular Disney films of all time and the voting has supported that theory.

Not even Cinderella was able to muster more than nine votes against Belle, Gaston, Beast and company. Lady and The Tramp, Sleeping Beauty...all destroyed

Lion King devoured it's foes as well although Peter Pan gave it a run. Lion King also triumphed over Chicken Little, 101 Dalmations and The Jungle Book.

It has been a great tournament with lots of participation! Thanks to everyone who has taken an interest in this yearly tournament. Last years tournament was epic but this years was even better.

So this is it, you have 48 hours to decide...who is the real fairest of them all....

sassy2000
05-07-2009, 04:08 PM
Both are great but I LOVE Beauty and the Beast!

Giggy
05-07-2009, 04:11 PM
As I've said all alog The Lion King is my choice to win the whole thing. My vote just gave it the lead, 3-2! :simba:

cubbie
05-07-2009, 04:25 PM
At the time I saw it, Lion King was my favorite. As the years have passed, though, it is Beauty and the Beast that has moved to the top of my Disney list, and near the top of my overall movie list. Tough vote, but I'm rooting for the Beauty.

Arielfan98
05-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Gotta go with Beauty and the Beast, never really understood the Lion King

Mickey91
05-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Wow. Maybe my choice will finally win! I haven't been doing too well choosing! I voted for Beauty and the Beast this time.

Adambomb85
05-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Beauty took down my real disney fav, Sleeping Beauty, so I got to go with Belle and co to take it all home!

Minnie97
05-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Belle is just :mickey:too fun I had to vote for her.

MickeyMousse
05-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Had to pick Lion........but wow, this one was a hard one!

scottgr
05-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Belle is the pick for this. :thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
05-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Beauty and the Beast is my all time favorite Disney movie.. Lion King is a close 2nd.. I had to vote for Beauty and the Beast...

GrmGrninGost
05-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Of the two that are left, I definitely like Beauty and the Beast a lot more. However, all my favorites have already lost! For me, the classics will always remain the best! :mickey:

like2workout
05-08-2009, 09:02 AM
this was actually an easy one for me and i went with beauty and the beast.

yjgirl32
05-08-2009, 09:09 AM
This was really really hard for me. I went with Lion King but I really had to think about it. My DS5 loves Lion King so I thought of him.

Zawadi
05-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Love them both, but if I have to choose, Simba gets my vote :simba:

Greenlawler
05-08-2009, 03:50 PM
This would be the biggest shocker of the whole tournament to me....that is if Lion King gets blown away. I suspected Beauty and the Beasts would win but not like this. When I originally made out the bracket I thought Snow White and Lion King winner would face Beauty and the Beast, and probably loose in the end....But I also thought Little Mermaid might have a shot at the finals.

Here are my biggest suprises of the 2009 March-May Madness

1. The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh beats Snow White: While I understand the Pooh following (my DW is a big yellow bear fan) the fact that Snow White went down in the sweet 16 was mind blowing.
2. Peter Pan obliterates Alice In Wonderland: Once again I was not shocked that Peter Pan won, just by how much
3. Bambi beats Robin Hood: granted it was only by four votes but I suspected that Robin Hood would have a shot to go further.
4. Chicken Little beats Meet The Robinsons: I was very suprised by this one one of only two upsets during the entire tournament.
5. The fact that there was only one upset on round one: There were so many tight matchups but everyone fell according to seeding.

IamBelle
05-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Oohh this was a tough one!! These are my two all time Disney favorites!! Although I adore Beauty and the Beast, I voted for the Lion King because it is hilarious and I always find something new to laugh at each time I watch it. I also voted for it because on this poll, it seems like the "underdog" next to Beauty and the Beast.

dlpmikki
05-09-2009, 03:27 AM
Two very good movies. I have gone for Lion King because I remember how many times I just stopped and watched that incredible beginning when they were showing it in the Disney Store. That has to be the best intro of all time.

Greenlawler
05-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Just over an hour away from crowning a champion!

Lion King fans better alert the Pridelands! Your time is running out.

Greenlawler
05-09-2009, 07:19 PM
It is all over!!!!!

Beauty and the Beast wins the Animated Classic Tournament!

Last year the Snow White Evil Queen defeated Captain Hook to be declared the ultimate villain.

Who knows what next year will hold.....

Just a parting shot, based on how the films did in the voting according to a small sample of intercot users...here are the top ten Disney animated classic films of all time.

1. Beauty and the Beast: Cruised past all opponents with ease.

2. The Lion King: Dominated all opponents except Peter Pan before falling to Belle and company

3. Cinderella: Looked strong until it met Beauty and the Beast. Had a tough match with Little Mermaid, but won by 8.

4. Little Mermaid: Defeated by Cinderella, but it put up a fight. Decimated some popular films like Lilo and Stitch.

5. Peter Pan: While it was beaten in the final eight. No film gave Lion King a tougher go. I would think Pan would beat Jungle Book head to head.

6. Sleeping Beauty: Had the same problem as Cinderella and Lion King, it had to face Beauty and the Beast. Although Sleeping Beauty had its supporters it did not do as well against B&B as the others.

7. The Jungle Book: This one was the big shocker. While I suspected it would do well, I had no idea it was final four bound.

8. Aladdin: The epic showdown with Sleeping Beauty left it one vote short of moving on to the next round.

9. The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
The biggest shocker of the tournament was its three vote win over Snow White.

10. Snow White: Of course this was unexpected, I thought Snow White would be a contender for the finals.

Until next year.....

like2workout
05-11-2009, 09:24 AM
thanks for hosting, greenlawler!

Minnie97
05-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Go Belle!::mickey::number1::mickey::number1: