PDA

View Full Version : Cut backs to EMH ???

Disney_Barbie
05-07-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm honestly not complaining (yet at least) I just don't know if I"m overlooking them on the schedual, or if they're really not there :
I was making myself a calendar (as I do every trip) with the new Aug hours, and there seems to be many dates w/ out both morning & evening EMH. (I know the "EMH" only states that a park will be open in the morning or evening, but we go every Aug, and generally there is only like 1 nt in the trip w/out EMH, but I think this year I count 4) So I'm honestly asking, is it really so, or am I just looking over some???
To me it seems that :
Sat 8/22 has no evening EMH
Sun 8/23 has no morning EMH
Tues 8/25 has no evening EMH
Wed 8/26 has no eveing EMH
Thur 8/27 has no eveing EMH

Is this for real??? Any chance of them adding more??? I understand that the economy is bust and everyone (even disney) has to make some cut-backs, but yikes! We go in August because we're night owls. We lounge by the pool all day & hit the parks until like 3am (which was the end of most MK EMH last Aug), but at the current schedual, we'll be housebound (well, "hotel room" bound) after 9pm!!!

BMan62
05-07-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm honestly not complaining (yet at least) I just don't know if I"m overlooking them on the schedual, or if they're really not there :
I was making myself a calendar (as I do every trip) with the new Aug hours, and there seems to be many dates w/ out both morning & evening EMH. (I know the "EMH" only states that a park will be open in the morning or evening, but we go every Aug, and generally there is only like 1 nt in the trip w/out EMH, but I think this year I count 4) So I'm honestly asking, is it really so, or am I just looking over some???
To me it seems that :
Sat 8/22 has no evening EMH
Sun 8/23 has no morning EMH
Tues 8/25 has no evening EMH
Wed 8/26 has no eveing EMH
Thur 8/27 has no eveing EMH

Is this for real??? Any chance of them adding more??? I understand that the economy is bust and everyone (even disney) has to make some cut-backs, but yikes! We go in August because we're night owls. We lounge by the pool all day & hit the parks until like 3am (which was the end of most MK EMH last Aug), but at the current schedual, we'll be housebound (well, "hotel room" bound) after 9pm!!!

Looks like they are ratcheting the EMHs down at the end of August this year. Must not be expecting very big crowds. I guess the 'Free DDP' isn't expected to pull in the big numbers.

But, you can always hope their numbers are wrong (or get better before August) and they end up adding more, closer to your dates.

MarkC
05-07-2009, 01:33 PM
You may be right. I think they are cutting park hours in general. I know the last two years, we've landed at night, but because of EMH were able to go to MK and stay until 3am. Now it looks like the parks close at 10pm instead of midnight, and even with EMH they close at 1pm. People who have been tracking this for years have noted that the parks were routinely open very late in summer, but are no longer doing so. So I think they are cutting back everywhere. I know a couple of years ago one of the water parks was open an hour early every day. Now BB is only open early once and TL not at all during our stay in August. On the other hand, EMH didn't even exist a few years ago, so I guess its all relative.

Disney_Barbie
05-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Ok, I'm chooseing to be optimistic & belive that hopefully :fingers: there is still a chance of more being added. I'm basing this hope on the fact that I decided to check the July hrs, and noticed that there are only 3 days in the ENTIRE month (the 11th,18th & 25th) that do not have EMH. So really, if there's only 3 nights in ALL of july, what are the odds that there would be 4 nights just on MY vacation only. right ???
Can anyone confirm for me, anyone have a vaca booked for july & was watching the hrs closer than I was, can you confirm for example, that perhaps they "released" hours, but then updates began to filter in??? (at least, I hope that's what happened)

DisneyWFan
05-07-2009, 02:50 PM
if you look at the trend for EMH it seems to be Fri-Mon are night hours Tue-Thurs are morning with some non EMH days thrown in randomly they are scaling back the hours somewhat but they are cuts to be expected due to the economy and are probably saving some jobs as far as I see it they are only slightly scaled back from last year

BluewaterBrad
05-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Sounds bad to me. You can only cut so much until 4-5 trips ayear turn into 1 or 2!!:mickey:

elmjimmlm
05-07-2009, 02:56 PM
I have noticed it too...I have also noticed that the park hours are really short...Just about the entire month of Aug. AK is only open until 6pm and there is only one evening EMH the week that we are going...We have never done the early hours but I guess we will this year since we won't be in the parks that late...

DizneyRox
05-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Been monitoring the July hours and they haven't really changed, or nothing I've noticed. I have seen park hours change even during a vacation, but I'm going to guess it's not going to this year. Times are tough, and they only made like 1/2 a billion dollars last quarter, so...

Disney_Barbie
05-08-2009, 02:33 PM
I see it they are only slightly scaled back from last year

Wow, you really think so? Granted we are going about a week later than last year, so maybe that's the difference, but it's literally night & day for our trip. (actually I have the document of last year's trip schedual right here...)

MK Hours change :
it was open until 11 or 12 last year, even on nts when EMH was held there, so it was open until 2-3am for resort guests. This year it closes @ 9 or 10 our entire trip.

DHS Hours Change
Last year it was open until 9 or 10 every night (even on EMH nights bringing it to 12 or 1am) This Year it closes between 7-9 each night.

AK Hours Change
Last year AK was open until 8pm every night of our trip, this year only until 6 or 7

EMH Changes
Last year on our 12 day trip, there was an evening EMH EVERY night (granted, one of those was @ TL, but still) this year, on our 10 nt trip there are 4 nights with no EMH

To me at least, this seems like MAJOR changes vs. last year

DisneyWFan
05-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Wow, you really think so? Granted we are going about a week later than last year, so maybe that's the difference, but it's literally night & day for our trip. (actually I have the document of last year's trip schedual right here...)

MK Hours change :
it was open until 11 or 12 last year, even on nts when EMH was held there, so it was open until 2-3am for resort guests. This year it closes @ 9 or 10 our entire trip.

DHS Hours Change
Last year it was open until 9 or 10 every night (even on EMH nights bringing it to 12 or 1am) This Year it closes between 7-9 each night.

AK Hours Change
Last year AK was open until 8pm every night of our trip, this year only until 6 or 7

EMH Changes
Last year on our 12 day trip, there was an evening EMH EVERY night (granted, one of those was @ TL, but still) this year, on our 10 nt trip there are 4 nights with no EMH

To me at least, this seems like MAJOR changes vs. last year

That thought was a comparison from my trip last year Aug 24th-Aug 31 (this year we arrive on Aug 23rd) so it is pretty close time wise the hours last year were

MK
closed at 10PM
EMH Sunday 8/24 til 1AM

EPCOT
Closed at 9PM
EMH Fri 8/29 til 12AM

HS
Closed At 10PM
EMH Mon til 1AM

AK
Closed at 5PM
EMH til 8PM

So this year the only decrease in hours for the same time frame is HS but AK is open later so I see that as a wash .