PDA

View Full Version : Trail's End Buffet @ Fort Wilderness

jdpip
05-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Was it just me and my husband or has anyone else eaten at Trail's End and found it to be some of the worst food ever? :ack: We were just there last week and went for lunch one day; the buffet is $15 per person and was just awful. Certainly not worth $15!!:angry: How can you mess up mac and cheese? Kraft would have been better. That is the reason we never eat on Disney property. I'm afraid we won't like the food and it is way too expensive to even try. I have had the breakfast before at Trail's End and it is ok.

dtootsie42
05-06-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm sorry that you had an awful experience. On our last visit to Disney we ate dinner at the Trails End and it was not only very good but we had terrific service.

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
Oct. 2008--DisneyLand
Next trip Dec. 2009--Poly Concierge

whistlewhileyouwork
05-06-2009, 10:40 PM
OOOO....sorry to hear you didnt like it. It is one of our favorite places!!!! We go out of our way to make it over to the Fort, just for Trails End.

Maybe it was an off day??:mickey:

deedeebee
05-07-2009, 12:11 AM
We ate there last year and we also hated it. I got very sick after eating the peel and eat shrimp. We will never go there again.

Seasonscraps
05-07-2009, 05:41 AM
I went there for breakfast once and did not think it was worth the trouble to get there. The selection wasnt impressive, wasn't that good and it took forever for us to get the check so we could get out of there. It was the towards the end of breakfast so there were only three other tables seated.

RAIDER
05-07-2009, 06:25 AM
Another vote to say it was a let down .
We had a CM with an attitude and they were so slow in filling up foods that were running down and yes the food was ordinary .

merlinmagic4
05-07-2009, 06:49 AM
We've eaten there twice and loved it. Sorry you had a bad experience :(

d_m_n_n
05-07-2009, 06:58 AM
I went there for breakfast once and did not think it was worth the trouble to get there. The selection wasnt impressive, wasn't that good and it took forever for us to get the check so we could get out of there. It was the towards the end of breakfast so there were only three other tables seated.

That was our sentiment exactly. On all of our trips, Trails End is the ONLY restaurat we won't return to... Oh, and we went for dinner and the food was just eh.

BluewaterBrad
05-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Another example of "some like it, some don't):mickey:

TheRustyScupper
05-07-2009, 03:31 PM
1) I think you got a bad day.
2) Trail's End is usually pretty good. *
3) It is meant as a campground eatery.
4) So, it must meet camper's expectations.

* They changed lunch, and it no longer has good value. But breakfast and dinner are better value-packed than any other WDW eatery.

JRocker
05-07-2009, 07:22 PM
We ate breakfast there on our last trip. I thought the food was good, but the price was hard to swallow.

Yes, it's a good price for WDW, which still doesn't make it worth the money. I could feed my family for half the price down the road, and food is just as good. Which makes it worth the trip.

DisneyorBust
05-08-2009, 08:07 AM
We tried Trail's End for dinner a few trips ago. Never again. We arrived just before it opened for dinner, we were seated quickly and found plenty of food available. The food quality was poor overall, with some items just OK.
For us, it is not worth returning to give it a second try.

ibrowse17
05-08-2009, 09:56 AM
I am sorry you all had a bad time there, but this remains as one of our favorite places at Disney. To each their own...:thumbsup:

maxrebo77
05-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Was there for breakfast last Feb before my flight. Food OK service terrible and slow. I love FW and HDD, but I will never make a special trip again to trails end,

pdrlkr
05-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Sorry about your experience.:(

slegrant
05-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Trail's end is a family favorite for breakfast (Mickey Waffles Yum!) we go there atleast twice each trip. We had dineer there a few times and it was fine, but we are not big on buffets normally. We just like the breakfast because there is good variety. Sorry you had a bad experience.

PS The service is fantastic, they always remember our names:mickey:

Disney1977
05-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Sorry you had a bad experience.

We a very nice dinner at Trail's End in January. The food is not fancy but the meat and fish where very good. It pleased everyone in our family.

mouseketeer mom
05-11-2009, 01:42 PM
We ate here for lunch in March. Delicious chicken, chili, salads..we will definitely return.

Mousemates
05-11-2009, 02:21 PM
We haven't had a bad experience there, thou it has been a few years since we dined there. As for never eating on property, while the food is often times overpriced, most of what we have eaten there over the years has been pretty good...so good infact that the dining choices are one of the things that bring us back time and time again. But to each his own.

GAN
05-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Wow.... Sorry to hear all the bad reviews. We've been a couple times but haven't been in about 2 years. We always thought the food was very good -for the money. And we don't generally gravitate toward buffets.

Rhetoric2000
05-11-2009, 04:39 PM
* They changed lunch, and it no longer has good value. But breakfast and dinner are better value-packed than any other WDW eatery.

Quoted for truth. Whispering Canyon now has IMO the lunch value crown. And the Captains Grille at the Yaght Club would tie for breakfast.

Always sad to hear of people having bad experiences at places I enjoy. Food service is one of those thing that can just go horribly wrong on some days, though. Added to the fact that it's so subjective anyway.

Granny Jill A
05-20-2009, 02:05 PM
We had dinner there in December and we paid $21 per adult. The selection was not worth the price paid.

My biggest problem was with the refreshing of the food selections. We would stand in line for a long time, waiting for more chicken or potatoes to be added to the buffet. If you put something warm on your plate at the beginning of the line, it was stone cold by the time you got back to your table.

Also, spilled food on the buffet and the floor was not wiped up in a timely manner.

Buffets always have the same issues, so I wasn't too surprised.

LandFan
05-20-2009, 02:49 PM
We went there for lunch for the first time last Thanksgiving. I found it to be a good buffet for lunch. The salads were awesome (especially the strawberry salad!), the fried chicken and chili were good too.

WHo knows - maybe we hit a really good day?

We are trying it again for lunch in August so I hope it is just as good this time:D