PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite services?

Pastcastmemberdaughter
05-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Just wondering what services you enjoy the most at the themeparks. I like the Fastpasses they offer at the attractions. What about you guys?

What do you wish they offered at all or what they had more of. I wish they had more Table Service resturants available at the other parks other than Epcot. I love variety.

:mickey::thumbsup:

Mousemates
05-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Package delivery to your resort saves you from lugging bags around.

Locker rental in transitional weather seasons...i.e you don''t have to lug your coats around during the heat of the day, but can have a jacket or windebreaker for the cooler evening hours in december/jan.

MickeyandTink
05-07-2009, 12:08 AM
Photopass!

We bring our own camera as well, but really like having the pros take pictures. Plus, it is really cool the "extras" you can add to the pics once you get home.

RAIDER
05-07-2009, 06:39 AM
[QUOTE=Mousemates;1883288]Package delivery to your resort saves you from lugging bags around.

Yep i agree ..Thats a godsend :thumbsup:

WDW_Obsessed
05-07-2009, 07:47 AM
I second the opinions of fastpass and package delivery both. Also, I love the fact that you can make ADR's :thumbsup:

Jeniflower
05-07-2009, 07:57 AM
i agree with fast passes and package service. Photographers are great but if you don't have kids they are less likely to appraoch you

DisneyOtaku
05-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Another vote for both Fastpasses and the package-delivery system! Man, I love not having to carry all my cool Disney stuff around with me :-)

Lakin
05-07-2009, 08:45 AM
Disney's Magic Express and every hotel's free transportation to the park. Biggest help in the world!

cinderella crazy
05-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Another vote for Fastpass and package delivery. :D

beksy
05-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Fastpass has changed my life! I also love photopass and the package delivery. So many great services to pick from! :mickey:

JabberJaws
05-07-2009, 01:05 PM
Photopass!

We bring our own camera as well, but really like having the pros take pictures. Plus, it is really cool the "extras" you can add to the pics once you get home.

Photopass is a good service, but be wary of it as well. A LOT of it depends on the photographer. I do photography as part of my job, so probably am more critical than most, but my sister and her family recently returned from a trip and did photopass the entire time. Had around 80 pics online in total (not sure if they bought any or not). Most, if not all of them, were average at best, and CERTAINLY not worth $12.99 for a 5x7!

That is not to say that you can't get good shots from them, as I said it depends on the photographer, but for the money you pay for a pic, you are better off bringing your own camera.

Here is a nice trick though, all photopass photogs will take a pic with your camera as wellk, so do the photopass, but also have them take a pic with your cam. Basically gets you the same pic for free!

gwfx1031
05-07-2009, 01:28 PM
The single rider line at some of the attractions is a nice plus.

BluewaterBrad
05-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Another vote for Fastpass and package delivery. :D

Ditto!!:mickey:

AmandaChan
05-07-2009, 04:30 PM
We definitely use the FP to our best advantage. I think we may have waited in a 20 minute line three times in all of our visits. Such a great idea. It's hard to go to theme parks here in Cincinnati because we're so spoiled with NOT having to wait in a long line at Disney!

Dragongirlx
05-08-2009, 03:55 AM
Free transport to the parks if you stay in a resort which means I don't have to drive. iIhate to drive and I especially hate to do it in places that are not familiar to me and since its the opposite side of the road in America its even worse

handmaidenofprincesses
05-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Fastpass is fabulous! I wouldn't ever get to ride things like Soarin' or TSM without it (I'm sorry, I'm just not that patient of a person)

I also love Magical Express. Being under 21, I can't rent a car yet, so it's nice to know I'll be taken care when I visit.

BMan62
05-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Disney Transportation and FastPass.

We are on vacation, the last thing I want to do is get stressed over other drivers out there!!!! So, we may have to wait at park closing or stand for 15 - 20 minutes until we get to our resort. We've been walking and standing all day, so what's a few more minutes.

FastPass is great, although we generally only go during Value season(s) and rarely need to use it. It's just nice to know we have the opportunity.

Soul_Power
05-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Although it has been said already, my favorites are:

Magical Express (if only all vacation destinations offered this service)
Disney transportation (we don't rent a car)
Photopass (I love how they take pics with your own camera too)
Fastpass (life saver)

dismommy
05-08-2009, 08:14 PM
birthday and anniversary phone calls/ In 2006 my DH and I got an anniversary call from mickey and minnie in the photo shop in epcot and they wished us happy anniversary and sang a song. in 2008 my DH got a happy birthday call from donald in the MK and same deal wished happy b-day and a song. Just a little thing but makes your day even more special and memorable.:mickey3:

Pastcastmemberdaughter
05-09-2009, 01:22 AM
I just thought of another one I like, the Disney Florist. I guess you could count that as one. I just ordered my mom some flowers for Mother's Day, since her and Dad will be there over the holiday. Hopefully it will be a nice surprise for her.

Bobby T
05-09-2009, 03:09 AM
Baby Swap!!!

PopeCharming
05-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Fastpass- its nice that something in life rewards cunning and strategery.

The Magic Express is also very nice- I love how they play retro Disney park music on the bus while its loading- I got to hear "Listen to the Land" and "One Little Spark" last time. And it goes to show you how palpable the progress is- why, if I showed up at Orlando Int'l Airport 15 years ago, and asked to see the Magic Express, they would have put me away!:crazy:

kemps@wdw
05-09-2009, 10:52 PM
1. Fast Pass :thumbsup:
2. Baby Swap :thumbsup:
3. On-site transportation :thumbsup:
4. Character wake-up calls :thumbsup:
5. Resort package delivery :thumbsup:
6. EMHs :thumbsup:
7. Park-hopper option :thumbsup:
8. Mouse-keeping towel animals :thumbsup:
I could go on and on and on...

Pastcastmemberdaughter
05-24-2009, 01:26 AM
Wow! I didn't even think of half of these. I guess I kinda take them for granted and don't even think of them. lol! :thumbsup:

Daddy Mouse
05-24-2009, 08:05 AM
1. Fast Pass :thumbsup:
2. Baby Swap :thumbsup:
3. On-site transportation :thumbsup:
4. Character wake-up calls :thumbsup:
5. Resort package delivery :thumbsup:
6. EMHs :thumbsup:
7. Park-hopper option :thumbsup:
8. Mouse-keeping towel animals :thumbsup:
I could go on and on and on...

Great list! I'd like to add one more.
How about CMs that go out of their way to make magic for people.

LudwigVonDrake
05-25-2009, 03:25 PM
Having my packages sent back to my hotel. Saves me from schlepping them around :mickey:

biodtl
05-25-2009, 05:39 PM
There are so many thing, which is why WDW is so much more than your typical theme park - and people who have never been don't understand.

I agree with everything mentioned, but for me the tops would be the transportation because I like to relax and not have to think about driving and traffic and because we go during the food and wine festival and I won't drive even after one drink.

Plus fastpass and babyswap, since our kids are 7 years apart and baby swap is a lifesaver.

thejens
05-25-2009, 08:21 PM
All of the above and I'll add the kid's clubs. It is SO nice to drop off the kids at the Neverland Club so they can relax and unwind while we head to the Cali Grill. Everyone is happy!

Kathy Jetson
05-25-2009, 11:58 PM
EMH, wake-up calls,towel animals, and fastpass.

BelleLovesTheBeast
05-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Photopass - we pre-order the CD and usually get around 500 photos. That way my DH and I have pictures with both of us in them.
Package delievery - I like not having to carry bags around and getting to pick them up at the resort.
Fastpass
Celebration buttons - they just make the trip a little more special
EMH