PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful Service At Cape May

jakeybake
05-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Funny story to tell.

As you may recall I was lucky enough to attend 3 separate work trainings down at WDW over the last year. The first was at the GF last March, the second at the YC in December and the third at the YC in March '09.

Because Cape May is my favorite dining experience in all of WDW I would go there for breakfast alone (which I have to admit was weird to me at first) on my first and last mornings of my two trips (days I didn't have class) at the YC (just couldn't get there during my stay at the GF).

I should preface this by saying that I am always being made fun of by my wife because I talk to everyone. She says I go through life with a "fan club everywhere I go". So for me this might not be unusual but it still struck me as a wonderful thing.

So each time I dined at Cape May I would have these wonderful conversations with the staff there, one waiter in particular (I will refrain from using his name because I'm not sure if he would approve). Well the first time was just me being me and talking to everyone and we had a nice conversation.

Well, my next trip back, this person came right up to my table and said, "Hey Jay, it's great to see you back! I had no idea you would be back so soon!" I can't tell you how impressed I was with him remembering me given how many people he must interact with on a daily basis. Again we had a great conversation and I enjoyed chatting with him.

On that same morning I has asked the woman responsible for following the characters around, and assisting them during breakfast if she could take pictures of me with my BlackBerry so I could send them to my kids, who would get a kick out of it. She joked with me and said, "YEAH RIGHT, these aren't for your kids!" and was super sweet, taking the time to make sure the photo was good etc.

Well don't you know, I go down with the family 2 weeks ago (stayed off site, story on the "Accomodations" board) and our first morning there we go, as a family, to the Cape May.

Well don't you know, that we were there, no more than 2 minutes when the waiter came over and said, "JAY! I had no idea you would be back and with your family!" My wife of course shook her head and said, "Only you!". We then proceeded to have a wonderul conversation throughout our breakfast and caught up.

Well about 15 minutes after that I here over my shoulder, "Well I stand corrected, you did want those pictures for your kids Jay!!" It was the woman who took all the pictures with the characters for me. She remembered me, my name and the funny back and forth we had during my last visit. We also had a wonderful conversation with her throughout the meal and she made a special point to tell my story to all the characters and give my kids some special time with each and every one of them.

I know this is super long but I just had to tell everyone how impressed I was with these wonderful people and how something like this can make all the difference in the world.

Jay

P.S. Forgot to mention that as I was walking through the lobby, I heard someone say, "Hey Jay, did you bring the kids this time?" and proceeded to say their names. Of course it was the man himself, ART!!

BluewaterBrad
05-06-2009, 04:07 PM
I know it doesnt happen all the time, but those are the things we love about Disney. (why we keep going back):mickey:

tomatoe pie
05-13-2009, 10:07 AM
we absolutly love cape may. the food is always terrific and the service is great. not to mention the great cms that work at bc.:mickey:

be sure to try the cappaccino. it can not be beat at disney.:thumbsup:

dtootsie42
05-13-2009, 10:37 PM
Love the Disney Magic. Thanks for sharing :mickey:

Simba's Mom
05-14-2009, 10:43 AM
That's so wonderful to hear! I've been to Cape May for breakfast 4 times, and the last time I went was the most awful service (I think the server was in a world of her own-we had to go chase her down all the time!), I was reluctant to go back. Now I'll definitely give it another shot.

DisneyCouture
05-14-2009, 11:44 AM
That is such a cool story Jay. It's nice to hear when someone has a great experience with CM's. Thanks for sharing.

Hull-onian
05-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Great story!! Enjoyed reading it.:thumbsup: