PDA

View Full Version : The best table you ever had at the Hoop Dee Doo

DisneyBabies
05-06-2009, 02:43 PM
We saw our first Hoop Dee Doo show on our trip in February and we loved it! We decided that this is a must do for us on every trip from now on. When we checked in, they said we were upstairs and I wasn't too sure I would like being up there at first. But we decided afterwards that we had the best table in the house. We were dead center facing the stage at a little table for 4 on the balcony. I think it was table 212. We were able to see everything on the stage and almost everything with the audience down below. And being up on the balcony, DS didn't have to try to see over the heads of others. Also, the actors came up on the balcony and talked to us, so we didn't feel ignored in the least.

So, what is your favorite table at the Hoop Dee Doo and why? If you remember the table number list that as well.

BluewaterBrad
05-06-2009, 03:29 PM
we have only been one time, but that table you guys were at sounds like the one we sat at! great seat!!:mickey:

kakn7294
05-06-2009, 05:06 PM
We went nearly 16 years ago. Our table was front and center (sorry, it's been far too long to remember a table number!) and we became part of the show because we were on our honeymoon.

1DisneyNut
05-06-2009, 05:32 PM
We have been twice and was down on the main floor both times. Once directly in front of the stage directly underneath the balcony you were on and the second time about halfway to the stage on the right hand side on the main floor. Since the stage is elevated you can pretty much see from anywhere and both of these locations were also great. After the second time we decided to wait a while before going again because it is basically the same show each time. I agree it is a great show and the food is great as well.

tjstrike
05-07-2009, 02:07 AM
We've been once, we sat at the front table on the left hand side. Thought it was a pretty good seat.

BugeyedMuggy
05-07-2009, 06:26 AM
We have been there 4 times and all but once we were front & center. Matter of fact my DH was the fairy godmother (the guy in the tutu):funny: If you book the ressie as soon as you can & pay for the higher price seating you will get a great table.

dopeydawnie
05-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Our first time to Disney we had the most amazing time at HoopDee Doo! When we arrived and were standing outside waiting for the doors to open my daughter was getting a little antsie. A lady came up to her and said how would you like to ring the dinner bell? Of course she said yes! The lady then asks for our ticket and she says you must have called first, I said why? She said wait till you are seated. We had front and center seats on the floor. My daughter could actually touch the stage from her seat. I couldn't belIeve it! I love all the experiences we have had at Disney, but that trip was the most magical so far. Can't wait till August when we go again!

pox24
05-07-2009, 07:28 AM
Once we were lucky to be seated first row in front of the guy playing the Banjo. It was great.We had in previous times sat back left, middle center, and upstairs on the right side. All the locations were good.

chefmickey3
05-07-2009, 12:45 PM
We were right at the stage slightly to the left of center stage. The action was right there. My boys never laughed so hard...DH was picked to be the "angel" as he was affectionately refered to by us and strangers alike for the rest of the trip! It was worth paying for Category 1 seating. The boys are still asking to go back but we are not staying at WL this year.

scootch713
05-07-2009, 01:21 PM
I had a level 2 seating(i think that is what it was called) but was surprised we were smack dab in the middle of downtown. We could see and hear great. My kids really enjoyed it.

TheRustyScupper
05-07-2009, 03:33 PM
On the floor - #032
. . . floor
. . . third row
. . . second table from the left (when facing the stage)

Going2HeavenRU
05-09-2009, 10:04 AM
We are going to the show for the first time this year with the free dining. Do I get to pick the section/table I want when I make the ADR or do I just get whatever they assign me?
Also, will we be sent actual paper tickets, or just have to give them our name at the door?

dancin Disney style
05-09-2009, 12:28 PM
We are going to the show for the first time this year with the free dining. Do I get to pick the section/table I want when I make the ADR or do I just get whatever they assign me?
Also, will we be sent actual paper tickets, or just have to give them our name at the door?

The tables assignments are based on when you book your ADR. First come first serve. You can select the category you wish to sit in but on the DDP you are only allowed the cat.2 & 3 at the 2 earlier shows and cat.1,2 & 3 for the 9pm show.

The last time we did a dinner show we got a paper confirmation from the concierge after we checked into the resort. You will need to provide a credit card when you book but they don't charge anything to those on the DDP. If you fail to cancel in advance you will be charged.

kemps@wdw
05-10-2009, 12:27 AM
The Hoop-Dee-Doo has been a must-do for us on EVERY trip, and we still love it as much today, as we did in the early 80s! Our past dinners there have usually been w/family (7 or more), so we were seated on the floor at the large table right in front of the stage and right in the middle of all the Pioneer Hall PLayers action. What a great spot! However, in 05, just the 3 of us went and we were seated in the balcony. And, again, what a great spot! We certainly weren't left out of the action as the "Players" came up to us there as well. I don't think there is a bad spot in the house!

dmosher
05-10-2009, 02:24 AM
We still have not done this. Trying to convince DW it would be fun.
:pipes:
D

mainemajor
05-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Once we were lucky to be seated first row in front of the guy playing the Banjo. It was great.

This sounds like the table we had in January. It was a great location and we got tons of fantastic photos.

On another time we were right in the middle of the hall. Dead center. My teen age son had one of the women sit on his lap during the show. It was priceless. I only wish we had a camera with us.