PDA

View Full Version : One Day at Epcot

jaredkari
05-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Ok here is the deal, my wife and I might possibly be stopping one day at WDW to go to Epcot on our trip to Florida this next week.

Now I am generally the kind of guy who loves all the rides and tries to get in as many attractions as possible in a day. BUT, recently I have been doing a lot of reading about WDW and listening to various podcast and I feel it is time for me to stop and smell the roses at the parks. What would be your tour schedule for 2 adults who want to take their time and soak up the sometimes passed by attractions at Epcot? Where would you eat, where would you stop and look at things, what attractions would you definately make time for? Thanks :mickey:

LauraF
05-06-2009, 02:32 PM
If you're not on a time schedule, try getting lunch at Rose & Crown. (Everybody wants it for dinner becuase of the view for Illuminations, so lunch is much quiter as a result.)

Also, start at the World Showcase once it opens and work your way backwards. It will avoid a lot of crowds, plus you can enjoy the stroll around the lagoon before the afternoon heat and storms hit.

As far as passed-by attractions, Universe of Energy, Innoventions, and Living with the Land and some of my favorites to just stroll around and slow down with. Also check out some of gardens down some of the side paths - there are many benches to sit on, as well as pools or plants to catch the eye. Epcot is one of my favorite places to people watch!

laprana
05-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Some things that might be easily overlooked that you could do are:

*Stroll through Victoria Gardens in the Canada pavilion
*Visit the small museum-like area in the Morocco pavilion
*Sit and watch the Fountain of Nations dance to music
*Go through the hedge maze at the UK pavilion

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head...but I'm sure others will come along with more suggestions! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-06-2009, 02:53 PM
I wouldn't even get sit-down lunch reservations. I would take my time going around World Showcase, sampling drinks and snacks from the countries. So fun! But since WS doesn't open as early as Future World, I would start in FW visiting attractions that might be new to you.

Maybe start with getting a Fastpass for Soarin or Test Track, and then riding the one you don't Fastpass. Then work your way around to what interests you in FW. After some FW exploring, maybe around noon or one, head over to WS and start exploring there. Ride the Gran Fiesta ride in Mexico, shop in the pavilion, then head out and grab a Fiesta margarita. Do some people watching while you sip, then explore Norway and ride the Maelstrom. Work your way around that way. You can do wine tastings in various countries- my favorite is Italy. I like to split counter service meals with my husband so that we get to try more from different countries. I like Yakitori House. He usually gets something at Tangierine Cafe or the Boulangerie-Patisserie area in France. France also has excellent crepes, soft serve ice cream, and grey goose slushes. There's great shopping in China, Japan, and the UK. Don't forget to stop for the American Adventure and maybe some movies in different countries, like Impressions de France... oh my, I think you'll need two days. :cool:

egospotter
05-06-2009, 02:55 PM
One of the things that people seam to wiz by is all of the awesome live entertainment at Epcot. My favorites are Off Kilter, British Invasion, Mo'Rockin', the Drummers at Japan (can't remember name right now) and the Jammitors.

Also, taking time to go though the galleries and historical/cultural exhibits at the different countries is actually really cool.

The Behind the Seeds tour at The Land is really fun and interesting as well.

FenwayGirl
05-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Don't miss the American Adventure show at the American pavilion...:cloud9:

BluewaterBrad
05-06-2009, 03:37 PM
When we go to EPCOT and plan a day like you are having we do the big 3 in Future world, then stop at every country(also seeing the acrobats in China). This fills the day and you 'see' the little details better!:mickey:

ChewyStriker
05-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Oh, sampling foods at the country might be fun, but we love Rose & Crown - seating outside would be a plus, but they don't guarantee this. We also love San Angel Inn - great atmosphere. Many don't like the food, but we've always enjoyed it.

Maybe you could mix your adventurous side and do the Kim Possible search around World Showcase. I haven't done it, but it might be fun.

Other things we enjoy are stopping and looking at all the fountains and garden areas. I love to stroll around the one in France and smell all the perfumes.

Don't miss the Chinese acrobats - so fun.

As for rides, we really love Spaceship Earth, Soarin and Living with the Land. Also like to spend plenty of time watching the marine life at The Seas.

Have fun!:mickey:

PixieMagic
05-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Definitely walk the side paths and check out the amazing landscaping...don't miss spaceship earth, TT, Soarin, or MS....Do the countries counter clockwise and split snacks/counter meals and drinks at each - it's such an experience! In addition to what others have posted I would say don't miss the gardens in the Japan pavilion,sitting by the hedge garden at France...taking a boat across the lagoon, and I would eat at Teppan Edo...when you're done there is a huge 2nd floor balcony with great views of illuminations! Afterwards stroll as slowly as possible, drinking in the magic! This sounds silly but when you get almost to the big fountain in front of SE, stop and just sit on the ground....the lights and fountain music are wonderful with the SE globe all lit up as a backdrop...so romantic and truly magical :cloud9:

sweetsavannah
05-06-2009, 06:34 PM
It's the flower and garden festival there right now and it is AWESOME! Take your time and look at the many, many topiaries and visit the butterfly garden! Also there is a cute fairy garden with Tink and her friends! You can REALLY "stop and smell the roses!"