PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP costume ideas

haley's mom
05-06-2009, 11:32 AM
So my family will be attending Mickey's not so very scary halloween party in late Septmber. I would like to take costumes with us for the kids to weat to the party. I am looking for some ideas.

1. We live in PA so I would like a costume idea that I could easily wear a long sleeve shirt under for the cold October trick-or-treating in PA.

2. Step-daughter is 16; Step-son is 10 and daughter is 6.

3. We will be flying to Orlando, so nothing too big to fit in the suitcases.

Both step-daugther and daughter love Tinkerbell, so I was thinking of having step-son as Peter Pan and the 2 girls in fairy costumes.

Or....

I would love to do a Pirates theme.

sassafras
05-06-2009, 12:44 PM
I'd go with the Pirate theme at least for the 10 year stepson. Most boys would rather die than wear tights or dress up like Peter Pan. At one point, I made my sons Friar Tuck and Robin Hood costumes. The older one refused to wear the Robin Hood one once he hit about 7. (Plus the tights would be hot!)

wire0monkey
05-06-2009, 02:07 PM
My 7 year old would die before dressing up like Peter Pan.

Pirates totally go with Tinkerbell, anyway. There's tons of pirates in "Peter Pan.

Older daughter might make a great mermaid, too -- also from "Peter Pan."

BugeyedMuggy
05-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Pirates:thumbsup: There are plenty of options. And alot of inexpensive choices.

GBBT
05-06-2009, 09:20 PM
The adults should dress up too.We did 1 year when ALL (14) of us(kids & adults) went for Halloween.:thumbsup:

Disney Doll
05-06-2009, 11:27 PM
I like the pirates idea. It would be easy and comfy in the hot weather. I thought about pirates for my family this year, but we wanted something a little more unique so we're going as Popeye (DS 1yr), Bluto (DH), and Olive Oil (me). We also considered a 50's theme or going as mousekateers.

deedeebee
05-07-2009, 12:14 AM
Dwarfs would be good with snow white.

Tigger&Stitch
05-07-2009, 03:36 AM
You could even get the boys the pirate makeove in WDW!

I agree that "lost boys" or pirates are an easy theme - just take some old pants and cut the bottoms of the legs, and sandals or crocs would work well too.

tinkgirl07
05-11-2009, 11:00 AM
MNSSHP is sooo much fun and whatever you decided for costumes will be great! There are all sorts of costumes, Disney...non-Disney...the point is dressing up. We are from Michigan and the warm-weather/cold-weather duality was a priority for us too! My sister 10 went as Snow White, I (24) went as Alice and my parents (ages not disclosed) went as Cruella and the Mad Hatter. We got soooo many compliments and a few guests wanted pics of my mom! I would say the family themed costumes were the most fun!

It was the beginning of October for our night and quite warm, so keep that in mind! I think pirate for the boy and faries for the girls would definitely work! We packed the costumes in a small carry-on suitcase (our party was the night we arrived). They surprisingly didn't take up that much room! Just have fun and make sure the grown-ups dress up too...you might feel a little silly until the party starts, but once there it is soooo magical! :cloud9: