PDA

View Full Version : Queue Dump Out on SOme Attractions

DVC2004
05-06-2009, 09:12 AM
Just back from a trip and I have to say, it stresses me (not a big deal) when you have those queue lines like in HM or Test Track, you pile into a room them when you exit are trying to stay with your party and people all push and trample and separate you from your kids. We really try to hang out in the back of the room, I don't need to be the first out, but it amazes me how someone will shove their way between me and my child then glare when I ask to join my family who is ahead of them. I wish there was a better way. I've always disliked that.

MNNHFLTX
05-06-2009, 09:21 AM
I don't really have a problem with being separated from my party at the end of the ride, but it does annoy me when the exits are strategically located to dump everyone out through a gift shop (which almost all of them do). My least favorite one is Expedition Everest--it is just so congested, with folks trying to see their rides, look at merchandise and just pass through. Rock N Rollercoaster is the same way.

cinderella crazy
05-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Just back from a trip and I have to say, it stresses me (not a big deal) when you have those queue lines like in HM or Test Track, you pile into a room them when you exit are trying to stay with your party and people all push and trample and separate you from your kids. We really try to hang out in the back of the room, I don't need to be the first out, but it amazes me how someone will shove their way between me and my child then glare when I ask to join my family who is ahead of them. I wish there was a better way. I've always disliked that.

I'm the same way. I look at the people trying to shove their way through so they can be first and smile and shake my head. We also hang out in the back and let the crazy people push their way forward. I'm at Disney to enjoy and relax. As long as I get on the ride, I don't care if I'm at the front or back. I kind of feel sorry for people who act that way.

WDW_Obsessed
05-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Ugh...I agree completely! I hate it when people push and shove, but it really doesn't seem to be great planning by Disney to deal with large crowds coming out of an area, like in HM. My DH and I usually hold hands in those situations and people are alot less likely to break through our arms rather than just push their way through, but who knows what we'll do when we take kids with us. Maybe by then people will stop pushing and shoving :cool:

JPL
05-06-2009, 10:21 AM
The theater shows like Philharmagic drive me crazy they cram people in and for some reason people feel the need to push and shove entering the theater. I remember one time I literally had no place to move and a CM was still telling everyone to move forward and make room for the guests behind them :rolleyes:

SBETigg
05-06-2009, 10:27 AM
I agree that I don't like the way these queues work out, with a lot of pushing to get through at the end. I don't care if I go first or end up at the back of the line. Why can't we all just be civil and no pushing or charging? I have to say, though, that I think Disney CMs often make this a lot worse with their "move to the front, fill in all the available space" spiels.

On our last trip, we tried to hang out toward the back, but the CMs kept coming with that "fill in every available space" spiel, and oddly enough, most of the time, the available space was right in front of the next exit door. So who was I to hang back and not fill in that space? Every time a CM said something, everyone would cluster in front of the TV screens. I didn't get it. They used to always charge the next exit door. It was as if we were in the park with a bunch of newbies who didn't know. But still, once the doors opened, the pushing would ensue. Or you would have parties who would deliberately send one kid ahead through the crowd, and then the rest would come through to catch up. Sorry, but if you left your party way in the back, go back and join them there.

DVC2004
05-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Sorry, but if you left your party way in the back, go back and join them there.

Totally agree! We had a lady do this in the wide line for the safari at AK. She found a hole in the line and got up past us. The whole time her small kids cired for her to their dad, until she finally waved the entire family up to meet her.:mad:

Pally
05-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Or you would have parties who would deliberately send one kid ahead through the crowd, and then the rest would come through to catch up. Sorry, but if you left your party way in the back, go back and join them there.

This also drives me nuts. I once had a woman who wanted to save 15 seats. She was running from one length of the row to the other telling people not to sit. Her party was coming soon? They never came. Also various people who stand in line and call people on their cell phones and all of a sudden you have 50 people extra in the line who were not there before. I think this should be stopped. When waiting in line your whole party should have to be there especially if it is several people. I don't mind if is a parent taking a child to the washroom that happens. But to plan to have 8-10 people join the line when you call them that the line is moving. Rude, Rude.:mickey:

JabberJaws
05-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Yeah I HATE attraction "dumps" like the one in HM. It is amazing how when you remove a rigid structured order like a queue line created by metal bars, people go CRAZY and get an "eat or be eaten" mentality (Lord of the Flies anyone?). I have had to firmly discuss the situation with some overly pushy park guests from time to time when I found them shoving around my 4-10 mom or my 5-2 wife. It just amazes me that people think it is ok to shove around women and children just to get on a ride a few seconds sooner.

I actually had a situation while waiting with my wife and parents in a spot by the ropes to watch spectro magic. My mom had left to go to the bathroom and no less than 30 seconds after she left, someone asked "is anyone standing here?" The only problem with this was that while they were asking this they were shoving their way into the spot, to the point that before they had FINISHED the sentence, they already had their back to me. I immediately tapped them on the shoulder and said "Look my mom is standing there and we are going to need more room than that so you need to leave."

They bregrudingly walked away and proceeded to proclaim "Unbelievably! The nerve of some people to just make us leave like that." as they walked away.

Nice huh? Muscle your way into my mom's spot directly in front of me and when you are called out on it, you make out like you are the victim.

Ahhh WDW crowds, turning people crazy since 1971.

Pally
05-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Or you would have parties who would deliberately send one kid ahead through the crowd, and then the rest would come through to catch up. Sorry, but if you left your party way in the back, go back and join them there.

This also drives me nuts. I once had a woman who wanted to save 15 seats. She was running from one length of the row to the other telling people not to sit. Her party was coming soon? They never came. Also various people who stand in line and call people on their cell phones and all of a sudden you have 50 people extra in the line who were not there before. I think this should be stopped. When waiting in line your whole party should have to be there especially if it is several people. I don't mind if is a parent taking a child to the washroom that happens. But to plan to have 8-10 people join the line when you call them that the line is moving. Rude, Rude.:mickey:

dephenn
05-06-2009, 11:39 AM
I would have to agree full heartily. I really get a kick out of these people that push by you and then you see them stop in the middle of a row so they can be center stage, only to be told by the CM to keep moving and then justice sets in and they are at the end of the row.

JabberJaws
05-06-2009, 11:43 AM
I would have to agree full heartily. I really get a kick out of these people that push by you and then you see them stop in the middle of a row so they can be center stage, only to be told by the CM to keep moving and then justice sets in and they are at the end of the row.

My wife always jokes with me that I have a strong sense of justice when we visit the parks because when things like that happen I am always the one informing those people that they are supposed to move to the end of the row. They are sometimes more likely to conveniently "not listen" to the end of the row thing when a CM says it over a loud speaker, but when another guest is standing 5 feet from them and calls them out on it, they tend to move pretty quickly haha.

#1donaldfan
05-06-2009, 12:03 PM
...I agree with all this, that's why I'll not be going back during NYE anytime soon.....

.....it was a jungle, people were actually crazy, really they were crazy.....!!

..we had a great time, only because we knew the "system" and could navagate through the masses..but someone on a first or second trip....I would have never gone back !!

Dragongirlx
05-07-2009, 09:36 AM
This gets to me too - Tower of terror is bad because everyone crowds to the front to watch the film bit and then when the door opens the pushing and shoving begins. My sister and I hang back because we know they will just run out the door get a free space for about two minutes before having to join another queue

badkitty
05-07-2009, 10:12 AM
For those people who stop in the middle of the row, I just excuse myself and step over them. I actually like sitting on the end of the row.

I understand all of your comments and I don't mean to sound like a "pollyanna" but...

It is very difficult to be in a very crowded room and then get out a very small exit. I had a very cross woman curse at me for "shoving" her when in fact, I was being pushed from a group behind me. It actually really hurt my feelings that she was so rude to me and it wasn't even my fault. Not everyone is intentionally "pushing and shoving" but when there are that many people, it is inevitable. My sister is always one to loudly show her displeasure of line-cutters and impatient people but I try to keep her quiet. What is the point of getting into an altercation unless you are phyically in danger? If you go around the park being angry and cross at everyone, how are you having any fun?

Mickey91
05-07-2009, 11:52 PM
It is annoying but it is all a part of the experience. Not saying it should be part of it, just that with the good comes the bad. Not sure how else it could be done.

brownie
05-08-2009, 07:47 AM
It seems to bring out the worst in some people. For the theater shows, there really aren't any bad seats (I haven't been in any yet.) You might save a little time on rides like Test Track, but not a lot in the grand scheme of things.

I like to hang back and let the pushers shove and push their way out first.

dream6
05-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Yeah, it's definitely not my favorite part of the experience. It's frustrating to have people pushing in from all sides. I would gladly hang back and let everyone continue rushing forward but the people I go with ARE the ones rushing forward so I guess I need to keep up.