PDA

View Full Version : clicking noise on the computer

Jeri Lynn
05-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Hi everyone,
For some reason I have this clicking noise on my computer when pages open up, or when I use the mouse, it is there 90% of the time, sometimes I don't hear it at all, but it is annoying.

I checked my pop-up controls because there is an option for a sound whenever a pop up is blocked but that is not on....

I'm going nuts!! Can anyone help?

thanks!

SBETigg
05-05-2009, 01:54 PM
At the risk of sounding obvious and very low-tech, have you tried turning off the volume? Does it still happen then?

Jeri Lynn
05-05-2009, 02:12 PM
You gave me a good chuckle...yes it does go away if I shut off the volume.

My computer has gone crazy this past week...I had to completely recover it and then this morning it went wacko again, except this time when I did a recovery I lost everything, all my picture, my documents, all the things I have been working on...ugh...

And then the clicking noise was about to send me over the top....I stopped what I was doing, got away from the computer, baked cupcakes and ate 3 of them...then my sister called and wanted to go out to dinner so I will go out and eat my frustration away....I guess you could say I am an emotional eater...

DizneyRox
05-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Start | Control Panel (Classic View) | Sounds and Audio Devices | Sounds Tab

Scroll all the way down to Windows Explorer and delete the sound for Start Navigation (or Complete Navigation). Let me know if that stops it...

What were you doing prior to the computer going "crazy"? Sounds like you may have installed something that maybe is messing with the sound scheme. Like maybe a theme of some sort, etc. Sometimes screensavers do that, etc. I try to NOT install a lot of that type of junk on my computer, I've cleaned many PCs in years past where people have installed cool software for changing the screensaver, mouse pointers, etc.

Jeri Lynn
05-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Thank you soooooo much DizneyRox, that fixed it!!

I have no idea what has gone on with my computer, I've never had a problem before...however, I do have kids which use it, so who knows what they might have tried. I'm a stickler for not putting a bunch of junk on it, and I keep my virus program up to date, but for some reason something went horribly wrong, not once but twice!!

Hopefully all well be fine now, at least the clicking is gone!!

Thank you, Thank you!!!!!!

DizneyRox
05-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Thank you soooooo much DizneyRox, that fixed it!!
I've been down that road once or twice...