PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Busses?

Mushu11756
05-05-2009, 11:56 AM
We are staying at BCV for the first time in September and heard it's a great location for Epcot and Disney Studio's. We were wondering how the bus transportation was for MK and AK?

Has anyone used the monorail from Epcot to get to MK? If so was it a shorter wait n travel time then bussing it to MK?

ThanxForNoticin
05-05-2009, 12:38 PM
We've had very little trouble with the bus transporation from BC/YC. You are correct - it is a VERY convenient location for EPCOT and DHS. But when going to AK or MK, we have had no complaints. To answer your other question - if you are leaving from BCV and going to MK, you are much better off taking the bus. First of all, the bus drops you off very near the MK entrance. If you enter EPCOT at the International Gate (which will require park entry with a ticket), then walk through EPCOT to the main entrance (probably a 10-15 minute walk), then take the monorail to the TTC, and then catch another monorail or boat - it gets to be a pretty long way to get to MK. It's probably more interesting going via monorail, but it's definitely longer.

Enjoy your trip. You will love BCV!

Priority Four
05-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Ditto on the bus to MK and AK. Also the boat from BCV to HWS seems to take forever so we always walk. (At least in the beggining of our trip maybe not so much by day four)

MarkC
05-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Ditto on the excellent bus service to AK and MK. I will say we have walked through Epcot a couple of times to ride the monorail though. Usually it's because someone with us hasn't done it before, we wanted to eat at Epcot, etc. More often we will take the bus to MK, and then the monorail back to Epcot to enjoy the walk through Futureworld during the evening. The monorail ride also takes you right over Epcot, so I would try it at least once. But for convenience alone, you can't beat the bus. And you are going to love Beach Club. If you have kids, good luck getting them out of the pool to go to the parks. Mark

xipetotec
05-05-2009, 04:14 PM
We are staying at BCV for the first time in September and heard it's a great location for Epcot and Disney Studio's. We were wondering how the bus transportation was for MK and AK?

Has anyone used the monorail from Epcot to get to MK? If so was it a shorter wait n travel time then bussing it to MK?

We've used the monorail from Epcot to MK ( or vice versa ) but only because we wanted to switch parks in the first place. I wouldn't bother doing that trek just to get to MK. The busses run often enough that you would just be walking a much longer way and *might* save a couple of minutes ( but likely wouldn't ).

That being said, going to Epcot from the MK IS a great idea cause you can finish off the evening there, then just exit through the International Gateway. ( and it IS a good opportunity to ride the monorail in the first place )

Jeffybob
05-31-2009, 12:49 PM
I would not bother with the monorail to the Magic Kingdom from the Beach Club. Too time consuming.

By the time you enter through the International Gateway, walk through to the front of EPCOT, exit and walk up to the monorail boarding platform, you would have already boarded a transport bus directly to the MK and probably be there.

Additionally, as previously noted, from the transportation center, you would need to either catch another mode of transportation i.e.: the MK monorail, MK bus or ferryboat, to the park.

The only way you can get to the AK is by a transport bus at this point although there is talk about building a monorail line out to the AK park at some point in the future.

-Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Member since '98) :mickey:

2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
2008 - BWV (2)
2007 - BWV
2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
2005 - HH, BWV (2)
2003 - BWV
2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
2000 - BWV
1999 - BWV, HH, VB
1998 - BWV, Swan