PDA

View Full Version : What Disney books?

Skippy
05-04-2009, 07:40 PM
What books about Disney have you read that were worth reading? (I have an operation coming up, and will have some down time).

Were there any that were not worth wasting time picking them up?

I've read Disney War, Married to the Mouse, team rodent and am looking for a few others.

I love learning about the History of the park, especially the connection to Florida and how EPCOT was the center of getting Reedy Creek.

brownie
05-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Walt's Revolution: By the Numbers by Harrison "Buzz" Price
Spinning Disney's World by Charles Ridgeway
Walt Disney World the First 25 Years by Jeff Kurtti
Designing Disney by John Hench
The Art of Disney's Architecture by Beth Dunlop
Walt Disney's EPCOT Center by Richard Beard
The Making of Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park by Melody Malmberg
Walt Disney Imagineering by the Imagineers

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Spinning Disney's World by Charles Ridgeway was excellent! :thumbsup:

Lakin
05-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Well, it doesn't exactly have to do with park development. Though, It has a little bit to do with it within the book, but it mostly has to do with Walt Disney.

The book How to Be Like Walt Disney by Pat Williams and Jim Denney is the most fantastic Walt Disney biography that I have ever read. I suggest you read it. :)

caryrae
05-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Walt Disney World the First 25 Years by Jeff Kurtti

I like this book alot too.

brownie
05-05-2009, 07:39 AM
Well, it doesn't exactly have to do with park development. Though, It has a little bit to do with it within the book, but it mostly has to do with Walt Disney.

The book How to Be Like Walt Disney by Pat Williams and Jim Denney is the most fantastic Walt Disney biography that I have ever read. I suggest you read it. :)

I should have included this one on my list, too!

Skippy
05-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the tips. Have a couple on hold at the library. Appreciate the help.

GrumpyFan
05-05-2009, 04:32 PM
Designing Disney by John Hench is a great one if you like imagineering and the details that go with it.
Walt Disney Imagineering: A behind the dreams look at making the magic real by The Imagineers is also a good one.

If you want something fictional, you might also look at Kingdom Keepers and Kingdom Keepers II by Ridley Pearson.