PDA

View Full Version : My nine year old is recovering from Mono. . .

WDWhuny
05-04-2009, 02:35 PM
My nine year old daughter is recovering from Mono. She has missed a couple of months of school and has been home tutored. After only a couple of hours she requires a nap. Her resistance is still low and we don't want to wear her out everyday but, we still want to enjoy our vaction. We have saved a long time and we have all looked forward to the trip especially my daughter. She weighs 70 lbs. do you think we could rent a stroller? Any advice would be appreciated.

princess0511
05-04-2009, 03:31 PM
I would rent one of the double strollers. That way she will comfortable. Have a great trip!

DakandZakMom
05-04-2009, 03:57 PM
How about renting a wheelchair??

:mickey:

DisneyBabies
05-04-2009, 04:37 PM
I would go for the double stroller and bring a pillow with you. That way, she can lay down on the stroller and nap when the mood strikes her.

I had mono in college and it was horrible (missed an entire semester). I hope your DD feels better soon and tell her that (though is feels unlikely now) she will get her strength back and feel good as new.

Briansmom
05-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Well, I will tell you that the double strollers are terribly expensive. Last year, we rented one for our son for one day and it was $32! We switched to a wheelchair rental for the rest of the week which was $8 per day. We will be doing the same again next week. It's easy to prepay for the entire week so all you have to do is show the receipt the rest of the time and pick up the chair.

I have a friend who has mono right now and I know how exasperating it must be for your daughter....you feel really good one day and 'overdo' it (maybe 30 mins of activity) and you are back down to below zero again the next few days. I hope she keeps recovering and I hope you guys have a great trip!