PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Opens 6/24/09)

NotaGeek
05-04-2009, 02:09 PM
I finally saw the new trailer for Transformers 2 ... and it looks really good. Sure, I am a sucker for Michael Bay movies ... but aren't most guys? :thumbsup:

You can check out the Official Site (http://www.transformersmovie.com/), or the Yahoo! Site (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809943432/info) for the trailer ... it's gonna be a big summer hit!

BigRedDad
05-04-2009, 03:06 PM
I have seen all of the trailers. It looks like it is going to be another blockbuster. However, many people are going to be a little upset because this is one the Decepticons take over. So, you know there will be at least a third episode.

ASweetLov
05-05-2009, 12:28 AM
I loved Transformers!!! Watch it all the time on HBO everytime I am in my fiances house, he thinks I am nuts. I have seen the trailers for this movie and it looks AMAZING! I am dragging the fiance to watchi it with me and he has no saying about it :D

LorrieP
05-07-2009, 11:26 AM
I can't wait for this to come out. We have an IMAX opening tomorrow just 5 miles from my house and they list that as being there this summer!!!

NotaGeek
06-09-2009, 02:36 PM
WOO HOO! 2 weeks more ... I love these movies and the trailers i have seen look AWESOME!

2Epcot
06-11-2009, 12:24 AM
I never got around to seeing the first film in the theater. I watched it on DVD much later, but I'll be sure to be in the theater when the new one opens.

disneycutie165
06-17-2009, 01:29 PM
Ok, i can't wait for this movie. loved the first one and shia labeouf is HOT! these are the kind of movies i love. high budget, good effects and awesome cast! as an aspiring movie producer, this is how i plan to make my movies. i love transformers cause they're not only good, but unpredictable. i hate those action movies that you already know is gouing to happen after seeing the preview. im definatley seeing this one opening night!

fupresti
06-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Went and saw it last night. I loved the first one and I have all the old cartoons and the original animated movie on DVD so you can say I a fan. This movie was so bad on so many levels. The critics are right, there is so much ridiculousness, racist undertones and childish humor that the movie just collapsed under it's own weight. Sure, the fight scenes are awesome, but when I have to see robot genitalia, even I have to step back and question what this country views as humorous.

ASweetLov
06-27-2009, 11:48 AM
This movie was AWESOME! I give it 2 thumbs up!

pink
06-27-2009, 12:05 PM
I've been hearing so many bad things about this movie. I don't think large explosions and robots fights are enough to make me pay ten dollars to see this. I'll wait until it's on TV. :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
06-27-2009, 01:49 PM
shia labeouf

You mean there is someone else in this movie other than Megan Fox?? I hadn't noticed.. LoL...

Bamf1000
06-28-2009, 01:20 AM
Saw it Opening Night Great movie, Definetly better than the First one I give a Two thumbs up:jack::malef:

GrumpyFan
06-30-2009, 12:34 PM
Saw it over the weekend. I give 3 out of 5 stars. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. I usually like action movies with lots of explosions, but robots fighting each other just doesn't have any emotional tie that I can connect with. Also, this one is even more adult-oriented than the first. I must be getting old, because, I don't appreciate the blatant sexual references and the language used, especially considering that a lot of younger kids will be watching this movie as well. It's just uncalled for and unnecessary IMO.

PirateLover
06-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Full disclosure: I went into the first Transformers expecting to hate it, and ended up loving it. I went into this one expecting to love it, and I really think it was a stinker. I am with GrumpyFan on this. I am in no way a prude but I was very surprised at the language and sexual overtones of this film.There was some in the first, but I don't remember this much. I did not like the language from the robots either. Also it was way too long-Clocking in at 150 minutes, add in the preview time and you are sitting in that theater for 3 hours. If the plot was better and the script more well-written, I might have enjoyed it more, but by the last action sequence my fiancee and I were ready for it to be done. Fupresti said it best-it was bad on so many levels. two thumbs down.

Kathy Jetson
07-01-2009, 01:11 AM
I took ds5 to see this today. I was shocked by the language because it was not that bad in the first one. There was ALOT of adult language in this one if I had known it would be like that I would not have taken him. I thought it would be more geared towards kids.

NotaGeek
07-01-2009, 02:01 AM
I took ds5 to see this today. I was shocked by the language because it was not that bad in the first one. There was ALOT of adult language in this one if I had known it would be like that I would not have taken him. I thought it would be more geared towards kids.
Hmmm. This movie isn't geared towards kids and wasn't really advertised that way IMO. The rating is PG-13 "for intense sequences of sci-fi action violence, language, some crude and sexual material, and brief drug material" ... so it's kind of spelled out in the MPAA rating reasons that it's not really kid friendly.

Kathy Jetson
07-01-2009, 02:34 AM
Yes I realize that now. When I told dh that it was PG13 he said so was the 1st one and that one was not that bad at all so I agreed with him and we went. I was just trying to warn other parents who had the same idea we did :blush:

thrillme
07-01-2009, 08:46 AM
Hmmm. This movie isn't geared towards kids and wasn't really advertised that way IMO. The rating is PG-13 "for intense sequences of sci-fi action violence, language, some crude and sexual material, and brief drug material" ... so it's kind of spelled out in the MPAA rating reasons that it's not really kid friendly.

Maybe not geared to young kids. There was a little sexual material...I actually found it rather funny but I guess I probably wouldn't have if I had a 5 year old next to me asking me "what that doggie was doing?".

I guess I was too in awe about the big robots etc to really even notice the PG-13 stuff. My DS is 13 and he LOVED it so did all his friends. :thumbsup:

SIGH...I've given up a LONG time ago on "critics" opinions...they tend to like movies that I found to TERRIBLE!!!! :ack: I don't even know what they were "thinking". Quite often if the "critics" like it I won't.

Rhetoric2000
07-02-2009, 07:06 AM
Never - no matter how bad a movie has been in the past - have I walked out of a cinema - and I didn't this time, but I'm not entirely sure why.

Mostly it was the embarrassment. The embarrassment that as a grown adult I'd paid my own money to watch this. I'd seen the first one so I don't know what I was expecting, I certainly wasn't expecting anything clever, not good acting, not interesting subtext. But I wasn't expecting, well, THAT.

I wasn't expecting it to be that boring. I wasn't expecting so many childish attempts at humour that would make an 8 year old cringe. I wasn't expecting anthropomorphic racism. I wasn't expecting copulation (if Michael Bay wants to make a crude comedy I have no problem, just make it R-rated and don't market it at children).

But then it still just leaves me with the question of why I went to see it. So maybe its subsequent waste of my time is actually my fault.

Honestly, this thing was like something your really embarrassing uncle does to seem as though he's still cool for the kids. Which of course is what it was.

I left feeling abused, humiliated, patronised and robbed.

Rhetoric2000
07-02-2009, 07:08 AM

On the other hand it's a movie about alien robots that turn into cars and fight each other, based on a range of children's toys.

Toad_Passenger
07-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Wow, I'm surprised by all the backlash this movie is getting. My wife and I loved this one just as much as we loved the first one. We did not take our 3 year old, but maybe we're bad parents (or would be considered immature) because we found all of the extra stuff to be very funny.

This movie provided exactly what we were looking for, a good 2-3 hours of explosions and battling robots that we can enjoy with some movie theater popcorn!

I guess people are right in that it seems Americans (mostly critics) are becoming way too serious about things. :unsure:

2Epcot
07-03-2009, 01:21 PM

My brother and I were talking about this yesterday. He went to see the film and couldn't believe the language and sexual innuendo and not so innuendo in the film. My brother does a very good job in seeing films before he takes his kids, or going to websites that give details to parents about films. He was very disappointed that he can not take my niece and nephew to see the film. He said it is not a kid film at all. He said his friend who he went with him has the same feeling about the film. I haven't seen the film yet, but am planning to go to a screening next week.

While the rating is PG-13 and explains those things, the movie is certainly marketed towards kids. There are many toys for this film in the stores geared to all levels of children even down to the age of 5. Not to mention the film being released in the summer. The studios are completely going after a kid market with a film that appears to not be written for kids at all. Unfortunately so many parents will take their kids anyway, because they want to see the film and not take time to find out the major change in adult tone the film has taken from the first one to the second one.

ASweetLov
07-03-2009, 10:13 PM
I just came back from watching the movie for the second time. Yup I loved it that much! :D

swampfox28
07-04-2009, 01:07 AM
I grew up watching the old Transformers cartoon and LOVED it.

The first movie was okay - maybe even kind of good - but not AWESOME. There were a few things I liked, so I thought I'd like this one, too.

This one was - semi-okay. It was not terrible, but it was mostly just a lot of special effects. (Good ones, yes, but not all a movie should be relying on IMO.)

And don't even get me started on how horrifying it was to see that my son who is almost 13 was one of the OLDEST kids in the theater; we saw kids in DIAPERS there. What parents are thinking that bring little kids to these kinds of movies...?!? Even one of the previews (Tim Burton's 9) was so creepy that I could see kids having nightmares. (Yes, Tim Burton is pretty talented and did NMC, I know!)

But to see 1/3 of the audience was under the age of 9 just FLOORED me. Although it's marketed to kids, PLEASE parents, use some common sense!

Sheesh...

-Sarah

NotaGeek
07-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Ok, I saw the movie today. It was worth $5. I was disappointed with the lame humor. Lots of toddlers in the theater, but I suppose anyone can be a parent. Sad.

Lots of explosions and stuff, not as enjoyable as the 1st movie ... and it was WAY too long!

thrillme
07-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Wow, I'm surprised by all the backlash this movie is getting. My wife and I loved this one just as much as we loved the first one. We did not take our 3 year old, but maybe we're bad parents (or would be considered immature) because we found all of the extra stuff to be very funny.

This movie provided exactly what we were looking for, a good 2-3 hours of explosions and battling robots that we can enjoy with some movie theater popcorn!

I guess people are right in that it seems Americans (mostly critics) are becoming way too serious about things. :unsure:

I'm sooooo with you. We just watched the first Transformers again yesterday on DVD...you can bet Transformers 2 will be one for my library. Maybe even on Blue Ray..

There's enough "reality" in this world. If I want to go watch something I want it to be something I can only dream about. How cool would it be to have a car robot that you can be "friends" with.

To tell you the truth...I really think there's a LOT more "inuendo" and violence on Prime Time in just a 30 minutes sitcom.

DizneyFreak2002
07-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Saw this movie finally on Saturday... and it didn't disappoint... Yes, they could have cut a lot from the movie... but, it didn't distract from the movie for me... I mean, some scenes seemed forced... But, over all, a good movie... Star Trek still reigns as the best movie of the summer season so far!!!!