PDA

View Full Version : which park first?

Gaz10
05-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Which park do you do first and why?:bar:

TheMartellFamily
05-04-2009, 12:49 PM
MK it is just the way it has always been.

Tygger7
05-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Magic Kingdom....because when I started going to WDW, that's all there was. :mickey:

ledudes
05-04-2009, 12:52 PM
We like to do MK on the first day and the last because it feels most like Disney to us. When I first went that was the only park there was so I have great memories of it.

hardingella
05-04-2009, 12:58 PM
We have always done the park which is open early. This is because flying in from UK means that our body clock is always all over the place and we have all been wide awake VERY early, so we're up and ready by seven. We plan next time to make the most of it and do a character breakfast as early as possible to get us in the Disney mood, then flop at lunch time!!:sleepin:

DisneyPrincess21
05-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Magic Kingdom is a must do first on every trip for us. It makes us feel like we are really at Disney when we start at MK first. We also revisit MK on our last day, So we start and end with MK.

Oh and btw
:welcome: To intercot!

wire0monkey
05-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Epcot.

It's my favorite park. It's large and lends itself to a less crowded, more relaxed touring style. I usually plan on a dinner reservation in World Showcase.

BMan62
05-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Whichever bus arrives first at Pop Century after we check in.

We're just happy to be there, so whichever park we get to first is immaterial - we've got 7+/- days.

bostomco
05-04-2009, 01:33 PM
We've done Animal Kingdom first before and that was fun. This time we're going to do Epcot first, but we might only do a half day there to ease into our vacation. The best advice I read in one of my Disney planning books is that you should start with Epcot first, as oppsed to MK, because MK is the most magical of them all. While that's somewhat counter-intuitive, if you have children I can see how that would make a lot of sense.

marylynne95
05-04-2009, 02:09 PM
Magic Kingdom is a must do first on every trip for us. It makes us feel like we are really at Disney when we start at MK first. We also revisit MK on our last day, So we start and end with MK.

Oh and btw
:welcome: To intercot!

:ditto:

Charlee
05-04-2009, 02:29 PM
It has to be the Magic Kingdom - I don't feel like I'm in Disney World until I've walked down Main Street!

pandkx3
05-04-2009, 02:42 PM
We always go the same time of year (in June) so my boys are big StarWars fans. That means that we must go to DH first...our first day is usually a Sat.:mickey:

wire0monkey
05-04-2009, 03:28 PM
The best advice I read in one of my Disney planning books is that you should start with Epcot first, as oppsed to MK, because MK is the most magical of them all. While that's somewhat counter-intuitive, if you have children I can see how that would make a lot of sense.

I don't do MK first because I get over-loaded easily there. It's just too intense -- too many people, too much noise, too much color, too much going on. I save MK for mornings when I've had enough sleep.

bwk99
05-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Normally we fly in on Saturday, arriving at Disney around 3.. After a little time getting checked in and settled in the room, we always head to Epcot for food. We have to leave our house around 6am and don't each much from the time we leave the house to the time we get to Disney.

dmosher
05-04-2009, 03:43 PM
For us it is always Magic Kingdom. As many have said, nothing really pulls you into the magic like MK. I can do every other park in the world and still not feel really there until I pass through the "tunnel" and see the castle. We head over to Pirates and by the time I get off, I am fully in the magic!
:pipes:
D

cinderella crazy
05-04-2009, 04:05 PM
We usually go to Epcot first. By the time we check-in, get settled and look around the resort a little it's time for dinner. We love eating in the World Showcase so we go to Epcot to eat.

pluto 77
05-04-2009, 04:12 PM
In years past we have always gone to Epcot first. Its is our favorite park, so we always try to get there right away. That said, just this past trip we realized that every year we get poured on for the first day and every year we are at Epcot. Coincidence... Not sure... But we decided to try MK first on our next trip :mickey: We shall see what happens!!!

Yvette
05-04-2009, 05:04 PM
We always start with MK, for some Mickey Love. :mickey:

There was one trip that we started with EPCOT due to not having tickets to the Xmas party that night at MK. (to this day I don't know why we didn't do that first). While EPCOT is our favorite park, it messed with our heads for the whole trip.

On our next trip (21 days) we will start with MK even though it's a holiday. Take it slow and just enjoy the atmosphere. :cloud9:

CaptSmee
05-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Depends on what we feel like doing. We have no set 1st day visit park. We've done all on the 1st day, but Animal Kingdom. Probably our favorite thing to do is hit Downtown Disney after checking into our resort, have dinner, spend the evening at the pool then spend our 1st full day at a park.

PrettyMinnie
05-04-2009, 05:13 PM
The past few times it has been DHS, but there is no "tradition."

dream6
05-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Usually it's Epcot - especially when we stay at one of the Epcot area resorts. It depends on what time we arrive and which park is open the latest :)

LudwigVonDrake
05-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Normally it's Magic Kingdom but last year it was MGM because I wanted to ride Toy Story Mania.

DisneyPrincess21
05-04-2009, 09:24 PM
We head over to Pirates and by the time I get off, I am fully in the magic!
:pipes:
D

That's usually my first ride too!

mouseketeer mom
05-05-2009, 06:59 AM
Magic Kingdom! We haven't really arrived until we've walked down Main Street USA!!

Baloofan
05-05-2009, 08:20 AM
Definitely Magic Kingdom! Months before your trip the excitement builds as the trip draws near. It comes to a fever when you're on the Ferry or Monorail and you can see that Castle in the distance knowing that soon you will be in the most magical place on earth where you will be drenched with all the sights and sounds and smells that takes you back to your childhood.

16 days left!!

Gaz10
05-16-2009, 09:54 AM
We have always done the park which is open early. This is because flying in from UK means that our body clock is always all over the place and we have all been wide awake VERY early, so we're up and ready by seven. We plan next time to make the most of it and do a character breakfast as early as possible to get us in the Disney mood, then flop at lunch time!!:sleepin:
good idea doing the park with the EMH,seems so obvious when you think about it.Epcot for us this year then:tink:

Dickson Thunder
05-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Animal Kingdom has become our tradition in recent years. I think it is because its only a 1/2 to 3/4 day park and that way we still get a little relaxation after our travel to WDW the day before.

;)

DisneyFr33k
05-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Our decision is based on making the most of our time. We usually fly in and are at POP by 10-11am. Knowing Animal Kingdom usually takes half a day for us, we head there first. That way we can check that off our list. And, we usually don't go back there later in our trip and won't waste a bus ride there for half a day.

Also, we always arrive on a weekend - which typically hosts the largest crowds at Magic Kingdom and Epcot (especially during the Food and Wine Festival - when we always visit).

So to us, our Disney begins with the AK - Tusker House, Flame Tree BBQ, and all the sites and rides of Africa and Asia.

Iteachpc
05-16-2009, 03:37 PM
The last two trips we began at EPCOT. Once it was our choice since EPCOT had extra magic hours in the evening and we wanted to make the most of our time. The other time we were with DD's band so we went where they dropped us off...which happened to be EPCOT. :)

We'll probably start with MK this year as that is the park with evening EMH. We will arrive around lunchtime and after checking in we will still have plenty of park time since MK is open until 2am that night. But don't look for us at any EMH morning parks the next day. HA!

AdventurerKim
05-16-2009, 05:57 PM
We do Epcot or MGM/DHS on our first park day since it's always a Saturday. MK seems more crowded on Saturdays.

GrmGrninGost
05-17-2009, 05:40 AM
We always do MK on the first day and also on the last day. Why? Because it's the park we enjoy the most! :mickey:

biodtl
05-17-2009, 11:17 PM
I can't imagine not going to MK first. It just feels the most "magical" to me. And while I would be excited to head into any park on the first day, i doubt that any of them would bring tears to my eyes the way the first sight of walking out form under the train station and seeing town square and main street does.

SFTrny
05-17-2009, 11:28 PM
MK or Epcot is always first for us. We'd prefer MK, but it depends on our schedule for the week and the EMH park schedules.

Daddy Mouse
05-18-2009, 10:58 AM
It doesn't matter to DW or myself, but we always hit the MK early during the trip, DW would not have it any other way.

harlowandthemermaid
05-18-2009, 02:24 PM
We usually do Epcot first because we normally arrive mid day and go to a park in the early evening. Epcot is our evening park, we rarely go to any other parks at night. WE almost always do MK the first morning we are there though.

darthmacho
05-18-2009, 04:10 PM
It just seems natural to begin and end a trip to WDW with a visit to the Magic Kingdom, so my first and last full days will always be devoted to that plan. :mickey:

Kathy Jetson
05-18-2009, 04:18 PM
we always do MK first but this year we will do a water park first and then MK I can't wait!

kbean
05-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Usually Hollywood Studios because I can do that aprk anymore in a half day, then check in to hotel and kick back for the rest of the night and hit MK the next day.

Mousemates
05-18-2009, 09:42 PM
It used to be MK...now it has tended to be either AK or DS since they are typcially half day parks for us.

zcrsdad
05-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Its got to be MK. It is quintessential Disney!:mickey:

Aero
05-18-2009, 10:33 PM
Whichever park has Extra Magic Hours that night.

- Aero