PDA

View Full Version : Extending A Reservation?

Princess'Mom
05-04-2009, 11:17 AM
We have reservations for WL 5/27-6/1. We decided to extend the reservation for another night. I called central reservations to see if there was availability. On-line there is room availability for that one night.
The CM said there wasn't any availability for that night, but to try back again. We are using the spring bounce room special.

I'm thinking there aren't any rooms available for the special, but what if I wanted to pay the rack rate? Shouldn't I be able to add that to my existing reservation?

Help!:confused:

DANAM
05-04-2009, 12:22 PM
You know I just went throw that with Disney. I had a PIN and the day I wanted to arrive wasn't included so I booked for the next night. Later I thought about it and changed the reservation to add the day. The CM told he that day wasn't part of the PIN rate I wanted and I told him I knew but I wanted to add the night, with park hoppers, and deluxe dinning. He gave me the new total and I realized there was a difference but I thought it had something to do with the dining. I got off the phone and realize that there was an 900 DOLLAR DIFFERENCE!!!!! I hoped right back on the phone and a very helpful CM explaned to me what had happened.

So basically if you want to add a day that is no longer or never was available you would have to book that night as a room only and wouldn't be able to get the tickets or dining. Now in your case, you may because for what I understand you want to add a night to the end of your trip. Either way I wouldn't change anything unless you are talking to a CM that really knows what's going on.

Princess'Mom
05-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Good news! Persistence pays off. I called Central Reservations three different times until I found someone who was able to add the extra day to my reservation. Additionally - I was able to use the spring room only special!

The CM who helped me was very knowledgeable and super! I am positive that pixie dust was in play here! :pixie:

I usually don't answer the end of call survey - but this time I did. I wanted the powers that be to know that this particular CM did her job well!

22 more days and we are in the World! :mickey: