PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion

Suz36
05-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Is there any way to bypass the Stretching Room at the Haunted Mansion? This really freaked my DD out, and she says it's the only reason she won't go on it again. Since it is now my DSs favorite ride, I'd love for us to all be able to ride it together. I remember that room freaked me out too as a child, so I don't blame her!

JPL
05-04-2009, 10:11 AM
I would ask a CM working the attraction I am sure they can accomadate you :thumbsup:

Little Round Bale
05-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Yes there is. I believe it is the same as the HC entrance. A CM will help for sure.

:thumbsup:

TheMartellFamily
05-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Just inform the CM as you are entering at the beginning they are the ones that can help you. This area as a child was the worst and I would have nightmares about it. My parents told me to plug my ears and shut my eyes and it would be over soon. I really hated this part, now I am telling my kids (since I am now an adult) the same thing. They now do not like this part.

DisneyPrincess21
05-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Yes you can bypass it, As a pp said, You will more than likely enter through the handicap entrance. Just let the first cm you see know that you would like to bypass the stretching room because your daughter is afraid and I am sure they will be more than happy to help you! :mickey:

Hayden's Dad
05-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Yes there is. I believe it is the same as the HC entrance. A CM will help for sure.

You will more than likely enter through the handicap entrance.

Just to give you a heads up, the handicap entrance does not bypass the stretching room, although it is a really cool way to enter. We have been routed to the exit of the ride and boarded where you get off the ride. Just keep in mind you have to pass through a pitch black tunnel in the doom buggy for a few minutes until you come out where you would board. To us this was alot creepier than going through the stretching room, but that is just our opinion. As others have said ask one of the CMs at the gate to help you.

Ryan Towle
05-04-2009, 02:54 PM
What's the difference between the handicap entrance and the regular entrance, isn't it all flat anyways? I can't picture any step up or step downs.

Hayden's Dad
05-04-2009, 04:03 PM
What's the difference between the handicap entrance and the regular entrance, isn't it all flat anyways? I can't picture any step up or step downs.

It's more for those individuals who can't tolerate standing in lines, crowds, etc for a period of time so it is a bypass, not directly onto the ride, but quicker than the usual line.

cinderella crazy
05-04-2009, 04:13 PM
So do you talk to the CM at the very start of the line or do you wait to talk to the CM that is there when the doors open to the stretching room?

DisneyPrincess21
05-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Just to give you a heads up, the handicap entrance does not bypass the stretching room, although it is a really cool way to enter. We have been routed to the exit of the ride and boarded where you get off the ride. Just keep in mind you have to pass through a pitch black tunnel in the doom buggy for a few minutes until you come out where you would board. To us this was alot creepier than going through the stretching room, but that is just our opinion. As others have said ask one of the CMs at the gate to help you.

Not sure if we are talking about the same handicap entrance at haunted mansion, But every year we have to go through the handicap entrance because My father has to use a wheelchair, And it does bypass the stretching room because you don't go in through the front entrance like the other guest you go in the back entrance which you mentioned but you deffiently don't have to go through the stretching room if you enter through the wheelchair entrance. :mickey:

DisneyPrincess21
05-04-2009, 09:35 PM
The cm at the front of the gate takes you to another entrance where there is a cm who runs the ride, And will stop the walkway for the guest who can't enter on the regular moving walkway where the rest of the guest get on.

So do you talk to the CM at the very start of the line or do you wait to talk to the CM that is there when the doors open to the stretching room?

I would talk to the very first cm you see, Usually there is one before you even get to the turnstyles. There is usually someone always waiting out at the very front of the line's for people who are using the wheelchair entrance. So you can ask them. :mickey:

Ryan Towle
05-04-2009, 09:46 PM
I think there's two seperate chicken exit/handicap entraces. Observe.

http://i40.tinypic.com/j5a452.gif