PDA

View Full Version : Sci-fi or Mama Melrosi

GINNY69
05-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Which would you prefer going to for dinner :chef:
SciFi or Mama Melrosi ? :eat: : I am just not sure if Sci-fi is worth using a TS Credit. Any feedback will be appreciated.. thanks

:mickey:

RedSoxFan
05-03-2009, 07:49 PM
We enjoyed Mama Melrose both times we ate there. Very good food and service.

ldc12377
05-03-2009, 08:04 PM
We have eaten at both. Mama Melrose was the worst meal we have every eaten at WDW. The service was fine but the food was horrible. Sci-fi was really good and had some of the best service that we have had at any WDW restaurant and the atmosphere is so neat especially for kids.

Dulcee
05-03-2009, 08:20 PM
We've never enjoyed the food at sci-fi however we've always enjoyed Mama's and will be eating there on our upcoming trip this June.

Its a quieter venue then most of the restaurants in my personal opinion and is a nice break from the crowds.

Daddy Mouse
05-03-2009, 09:05 PM
We have been to both. I prefer Sci Fi and DW prefers Mama Melrose. Neither was exceptionally good or bad. I liked the ambiance at the Sci Fi better.

DisneyPrincess21
05-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Which would you prefer going to for dinner :chef:
SciFi or Mama Melrosi ? :eat: : I am just not sure if Sci-fi is worth using a TS Credit. Any feedback will be appreciated.. thanks

:mickey:

I would suggest sci-fi. We love it there and it is a must do every trip. I love the atmosphere, It feels like you are really at a drive in, And it's very vintage looking, The theme alone is so well done that it alone is worth the stop for me. May I suggest going for lunch. The have really good burgers and sandwiches. We enjoy the reuben and the cheeseburger, Me and my Mother usually get the reuben and cheeseburger and split it half and half, Which is really very tasty! :eat::tasty:

Live4WDW
05-05-2009, 09:59 PM
:
I would suggest sci-fi. We love it there and it is a must do every trip. I love the atmosphere, It feels like you are really at a drive in, And it's very vintage looking, The theme alone is so well done that it alone is worth the stop for me. May I suggest going for lunch. The have really good burgers and sandwiches. We enjoy the reuben and the cheeseburger, Me and my Mother usually get the reuben and cheeseburger and split it half and half, Which is really very tasty! :eat::tasty:

:thumbsup: This sounds like an excellent idea, I do beleive my DW and I will have to try it out. Thanks so much.

GrmGrninGost
05-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Personally, I would rather go to McDonalds than go back to Sci-Fi. :ack:

KatMark
05-05-2009, 11:12 PM
That's what I said after eating at the food court at the Caribbean. :sick:

We've not done Sci Fi in about eight or nine years and is on the list for lunch for our next visit. We do Mama Melrose every year and we've always had good food and good service.

brownie
05-06-2009, 07:23 AM
A toss-up for me but I'd probably lean towards the Sci-Fi Dine-in. Where else can you go to indoors to eat inside a "car"?

DVC2004
05-06-2009, 08:51 AM
I have tried Sci-FI several time; I want so badly to like it. The atmosphere is cool for sure but the food is not that great. It's overpriced burgers- sorry but that's how I feel.

I like MM- I think it's good. The wood grilled shrimp pasta is great and very generously portioned. We also get the breads and spreads appetizer. I would pick MM hands down.

Charlee
05-06-2009, 08:55 AM
I would chose Sci-Fi for the experience and the atmosphere. The food is good but nothing special, I enjoy the grilled chicken sandwich and the cokes with cherry syrup in - yum!
Sci-fi is so unique and for that I would pick it over Mama Melrose.

gallicdenis
05-06-2009, 12:28 PM
We have done both and have found that Mama Melrose's gets better with each visit (per chance a better chef?). The Sci-Fi Diner has been consistently inconsistent for us. It seems every other year it swings from good to bad to good again. This year we agonized whether to try Sci-Fi since our last experience was so bad -- service and food. Hence this year should be the good year.

Kenny1113
05-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Hence this year should be the good year.
Good to know we are going to try it on this trip. ( was a toss up between sci fi and 50's prime time) Thanks.

SBETigg
05-06-2009, 06:28 PM
I really liked my lunch at Sci-Fi, but I probably wouldn't do it for dinner. If I did, it would be oop and not full meals. I've never been to Mama Melrose.

1DisneyNut
05-06-2009, 06:33 PM
We love the atmosphere at the SciFi. If you haven't tried it, you should. As others have mentioned the food is average quality and overpriced but isn't pretty much all restaurants at WDW overpriced. The better the food quality the more overpriced it is. lol

mdhiggin
05-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Better food: Mama Melrose
Cool atmosphere: SciFi
Which means more to you? If you go to SciFi, just get a sandwich. Nothing fancy, and you'll be fine.

BluewaterBrad
05-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Some here on Intercot dont care for the Sci-fi, but my meals have always been good, and I think the atmosphere is classic.:mickey:

AdventurerKim
05-07-2009, 04:27 PM
They're a tie for me. We alternate lunches at each on trips. Sci-Fi on "warm" trips, and Mama's on "cold" trips.

Wrigley
05-08-2009, 03:06 PM
We really enjoy Sci-Fi!!! So, that would be my choice. I know that it gets some bad reviews, but we have never had a bad experience. In fact, our food has always been really good! I get the burger, and my DH gets the bbq ribs. The atmosphere is really neat-definately worth checking out!:mickey:

Gator
05-08-2009, 03:15 PM
One of the best meals I ever had was at Mama's Melrose - pork something, I can't remember the name. However, my kids and wife didn't like it that much - slow service and their food was not as good.

Sci-Fi is just a fun place to go. Yes the food is overpriced, but it's still pretty good and theming is one of the best at WDW. I'd lean Sci-Fi.

LudwigVonDrake
05-10-2009, 12:17 PM
For Dinner, I would suggest Mama Melrose while Sci-Fi should be a lunch meal since the food is okay but the atmosphere is awesome.

Mousemates
05-11-2009, 02:43 PM
If I had any interest in the actual food itself I would eat at Mama's....If I wanted a unique dining expeirence and was willing to settle for a meal that falls short of yummy...go to the sci fi...or better yet eat at mama's and go to sci for a milkshake.