PDA

View Full Version : Value or Mod?

minniemomto3
05-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Is it worth the extra $$ for the moderate if we stay at the park ALL day? It doesn't look like there is a huge difference in the rooms. We have stayed at POP and it was fine....my only complaint was the length of time to get to the parks each day by bus. Are the mods (CBR or CSR) closer and quicker getting to the parks because that is worth the money for me!!!:mickey:

Mitzie
05-03-2009, 06:54 PM
For us the deciding factor for going with a Mod. is that we want a break from the over the top characterization. Our three kids are alittle past the age of really getting into the themeing at the values. We love to be on property and the feeling of getting away from it all. We loved our stay at POR in the AB section really appealed to us. Can't wait to see CRB!

JoDisney
05-03-2009, 08:20 PM
POP is right beside CBR; these are EPCOT resorts. POR and FQ are DTD resorts. CSR is an AK resort. So, staying at a moderate does not get you any closer to a park than POP. If you are mostly going to the parks, stay at POP. You will be close to Epcot just like CBR is close to EPCOT. Now, all moderates have hot tubs. Values do not. If a hot tub is a must for you, then stay at a moderate. I use to stay at moderates and would choose a Deluxe every early summer. I do not do that any more. I choose POP. I do miss the Deluxe in the early Summer, but cannot rationalize paying the extra with the way the economy is going. Hopefully, we will go to a Deluxe again when the economy is better. POP is a nice resort.

KatMark
05-03-2009, 10:37 PM
Personally, we don't care for the values as we find them very crowded and noisy. We love our mod as it offers everything we want without the deluxe prices.

However, if you don't plan on spending any time at the resort and are just using the resort for sleeping and showering, then stick with your value.

deedeebee
05-04-2009, 03:53 AM
I have stayed at AllSS( without DH and DS once) with 2 DDs and it was fine but as a family, we prefer POR, AB section, unless we have extra money then we stay on the monorail. If it's just a question of value vs. moderate, I would go moderate.

Nini5055
05-04-2009, 01:48 PM
I guess it is all in what you want...

I have stayed at POFQ and loved it. The pool is great for kids too. I thought the bus service was just fine.

I have stayed at POP and it is by far, my fave Value Resort. Fun and efficient. It is basic, but meets the needs.

I am now (in TWO days!!!) staying at the Grand Floridian. I made the decision last year to stay at a Deluxe resort...so here we are!!!

I would be happy at any level Disney hotel. I am looking forward to the Deluxe experience though!:thumbsup:

BluewaterBrad
05-04-2009, 03:29 PM
We stay at both, but we usually pick a mod when we stay for over 3 nights when we plan on spending a little more time at the resort.:mickey:

Gator
05-04-2009, 03:56 PM
I'm suprised at all the folks who love the AB at POR. I thought the theming was lousy and it was too far from everything.

Anyway, the Values are very small. If you have a family, you'll be squeezing in. If it's just two of you, it makes sense.

kakn7294
05-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Whether it's worth it all depends on what you want. Here's a list of the differences:

1 - rooms at the moderates are larger

2 - CSR had queen beds, the only resort in the moderate and value category that does other than the family suites at ASMu

3 - moderates have free fridges, values have fridges available by rental

4 - moderates have coffeemakers

5 - value theming is in-your-face with the huge icons and such. moderates are more subtle and focus more on landscaping

6 - all moderates except POFQ have a TS restaurant in addition to the food court. values only have a food court. From POFQ, you can easily walk to POR's Boatwrights.

7 - there is a slide and hot tub at the main pool at all moderates, none at the values.

8 - the values are significantly cheaper than the moderates

As far as time to get to / from the parks, each resort has it's good and bad and it all depends on location in proximity to the park you are going to. CSR is actually in a good location and the buses were hardly ever busy when we stayed there. Good luck making a decision. My favorites in each catergory are Pop Century and POFQ.

JoDisney
05-04-2009, 07:55 PM
I think the first post asked if staying at a moderate resort would get her closer to a park. She states she did stay a POP in the past and she said it was fine, as they will be mostly at a park. However, she thought the bus ride to park was long. In my opinion, there are no moderates that get you to the park faster. The moderates and the values rely on bus service. POP is as close to a park as CBR. POP is right beside CBR. You would have to choose a Deluxe resort to get a resort close to a park, in my opinion.

minniemomto3
05-04-2009, 09:57 PM
:thumbsup:
POP is right beside CBR; these are EPCOT resorts. POR and FQ are DTD resorts. CSR is an AK resort. So, staying at a moderate does not get you any closer to a park than POP. If you are mostly going to the parks, stay at POP. You will be close to Epcot just like CBR is close to EPCOT. Now, all moderates have hot tubs. Values do not. If a hot tub is a must for you, then stay at a moderate. I use to stay at moderates and would choose a Deluxe every early summer. I do not do that any more. I choose POP. I do miss the Deluxe in the early Summer, but cannot rationalize paying the extra with the way the economy is going. Hopefully, we will go to a Deluxe again when the economy is better. POP is a nice resort.