PDA

View Full Version : 1st trip Suggestions for 2 and 5 year olds

SebastiansDisneyMama
05-03-2009, 04:48 PM
My family is going to WDW for the first time in October. We are celebrating my son's 5 th birthday usually we would do this at Goofey's kitchen in Disneyland CA. Any suggestions where to go in WDW??? He loves Buzz.

We are also celebrating my younger son's 2nd birthday. I would like to do something at the magic kingdom. Not all winnie the pooh. Something Mickey?? We ususally do the character breakfast on Main st. in Disneyland for him. Any suggestions would be great.

I'm just overwhelmed with how much WDW has to offer. :mickey:

We will also be celebrating our 12 anneversary (lucky me everything is just weeks apart) any suggestions for dinner for just me and my husband??? Grandma will be along to watch the kids.:thumbsup:

faline
05-03-2009, 04:52 PM
While Buzz is often available in the park for photo opportunities, I don't recall any places you can dine with him.

Many folks with kids love the character breakfast at the Contemporary.

For adult dining, I'd suggest California Grill at the Contemporary, Le Cellier in Epcot, or Narcoosee's at the Grand Floridian. If you want to go all out, you can't beat Victoria & Albert's - also at the Grand Floridian.

Figment78
05-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Welcome to WDW!!!! You will have a fabulous time - try not to get too overhwelmed and just enjoy all that it has to offer. As a DL veteran, what will feel the most different to you is the way that you are completely immersed in Disney when at WDW.

If you are looking for a Mickey & Friends character breakfast you could try:

Chef Mickey's (Contemporary Resort) - very close to the Magic Kingdom & very popular
Donald's Safari Breakfast @ Tusker House (Animal Kingdom)
Ohana (Polynesian Resort) - also close to the Magic Kingdom - features Lilo & Stitch
Garden Grill (Epcot)

As previous poster said, Buzz is available to meet & greet in the parks, but not for a character meal. (Which, by the way - I think would be a great idea since my son loves him & Woody also). Buzz appears at Pixar Place across from Toy Story Mania in Disney's Hollywood Studios and I think he is also over by Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin in the Magic Kingdom. The times guides should have that information on it when you get to the parks. and you can always ask a cast member.

As for you and DH - there are a number of signature dining experiences that would fit the bill. Some of the more popular are:

California Grill (on top of the Contemporary)
Jiko (at the Animal Kingdom Lodge)
Citrico's (at the Grand Floridian)
Narcoosee's (at the Grand Floridian)
Artist Point (at Wilderness Lodge)
Yachtsman Steakhouse (at Yacht Club)
Flying Fish Cafe (at the Boardwalk)

if you're really looking for over the top special dinner you could try:
Victoria & Albert's (at the Grand Floridian), or
Bistro de Paris (at Epcot)

And if your budget is slightly smaller, some non-signature but good choices would be:
Le Cellier (Epcot) - a fan favorite!
Rose & Crown during Illuminations fireworks (epcot)
San Angel Inn (Epcot) - gets mixed reviews but is romantic in atmosphere
Marrakesh (Epcot) - great food, fun exotic atmosphere

Another fun dining option for you and your family is the Prime Time Cafe (in Hollywood studios) and also Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge.

Enjoy and ask as many questions of us Intercotees as you want - we love to share our love for WDW!

DANAM
05-04-2009, 01:57 PM
You have already gotten some wonderful suggestions. Some of our Favorites are :
'Ohana's in the Polynesian for breakfast or Dinner
Hollywood and Vine in DHS (Jo Jo Circus and Little Einsteins)
1900 Park Fare again for Breakfast and dinner

And Congrats on all your celebrations!!!