PDA

View Full Version : SSW @ DHS tips?

Kenny1113
05-03-2009, 08:47 AM
I saw a post about MNSSHP tips, we are planning to go to SWW for the first time this year(for DS7's 8th birthday!)I thought I would put this out there for any ideas. I don't think we will have to worry about getting FP for the stars I don't think the DSs will be into that. TIA!

:yoda::trooper::chewy::darth:

Sorry for typo on titie...don't know how to change it.

1DisneyNut
05-03-2009, 10:00 AM
For the most part expect it to be busy and attack the park as you normally would on a busy day. Get fastpasses to the more popular rides you like as soon as you can. There are side shows such as jedi battles so check the daily schedule for times and locations. My biggest recommendation is to get there before the park opens because the storm troopers have a little show on the roof over the entrance just before opening time and its pretty cool.
Btw, to edit your thread title click on "edit" at the bottom of your post and then click on "go advanced". You will be able to edit the thread title there.

MOJoe
05-04-2009, 10:24 AM
The real stars of SWWeekends are all the characters that will be there. They are fun just to watch. And if you would like photos with them, there are numerous opportunities, both for characters from the movies, as well as Disney characters like Jedi Mickey. So you should find out your son's favorite and get a picture. Beware, some of the lines are long.

If you would like for your son to be in the parade, there is a table where you can go and sign him up. It is usually near "Sounds Dangerous" or the Indy Stunt Show area. If your son is a real fan, there is also a trivia contest you can sign him up for at the same place.

Jedi Training is also a fun thing to do, but the odds of getting picked are low. If you want to try, get there at least 20 minutes early and stand right in front of the stage. When the Master appears, he will choose "active" kids, so have your son smile and jump and wave his arms.

Although your son is only 8, my son at that age was very interested in meeting one of the celebrities. He had a book about young Bobba Fett. The actor, Daniel Logan, who portrayed him was going to be there the same weekend we were. I was surprised my son was interested in getting his book autographed, as this seems like a more adult activity. But he persisted, so i made it a priority. It turned out to be quite an adventure for us. Of course, this year he wants to meet David Prowse :darth: Darth Vader. That's going to be an adventure too. A very long one i'm sure.
So anyway, ask your son about the actors, you could be surprised.

Have fun. I know you will.

Kenny1113
05-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Wow! Thanks for all the tips. MOJoe thanks for the info on the sign up for the parade, I think he will love that!!!

Kenny1113
05-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Another question...
Do the disney characters dressed up like Starwars characters autograph as well?
(i.e. goofy as darth vader would sign darth goofy) TIA

joanna71985
05-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Another question...
Do the disney characters dressed up like Starwars characters autograph as well?
(i.e. goofy as darth vader would sign darth goofy) TIA

No. The VIPs sign Mickey Mouse, Goofy, ect.