PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP Tips

bostomco
05-02-2009, 07:59 PM
DW and me just purchased our tickets for MNSSHP! We were hoping that some people might share their tips for the party. :mickey: What's the best time to arrive? Which rides are open? Which ones should we go to first? etc! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

faline
05-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Generally, they will let you into the park on your party tickets around 4 p.m. We usually try to arrive around that time.

Our plan is to make a dining reservation around 5 or 5:30. We went to Liberty Tree Tavern which was so much fun with the characters all dressed in their Halloween best! I do hope they actually bring the characters back!

After dinner, we would wander around for a bit until the party actually begins at 7. Once 7 rolls around, you might want to start Trick or Treating and/or getting pictures with the various characters that are out and about.

We do try to get a place for the first parade - arrive early to be sure to see the Headless Horseman ride by!

After the first parade, it's really not too long until the fireworks. These are wonderful and, in my opinion, best viewed from someplace along Main Street.

The second parade is generally much less crowded than the first so we try to be sure to see that one as well.

Usually, when we attend parties, we focus more on the special events and less on the rides. On our last trip, we attended two parties! Great fun!

dmosher
05-02-2009, 08:54 PM
All of the details I can give you are from last years party, etc.
The Party actually begins at 7:00 with the first show " Villains Mix and Mingle" at 7:45. When you walk in grab a Trick or Treat bag each (it will get filled) and don't hesitate to stand in Trick or treat lines. Yes your adults, but it is expected! In a short line and see your favorite candies? Ask, CM's will usually sneak those adults in costumes the good stuff. hehe

That reminds me... dress up! You will be amazed at the attention you get with a good costume. DW and I went as Snow White and Prince Charming and we were a hit with CM's and guests alike.

I am looking at our map from last year (see the 2009 map here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/halloween/images/06map.jpg)) and the attractions that were open were as follows:
Main Street, U.S.A.
Main Street Sweets
Casey's Corner
Tony's Town Square Restaurant

Adventureland
Swiss Family Treehouse
Pirates of the Caribbean
Magic Carpets of Aladdin

Frontierland
Pecos Bill's Cafe
Westward Ho
Frontierland Turkey Leg
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Liberty Square
The Haunted Mansion

Fantasyland
Mrs. Potts Cupboard
Peter Pan's Flight
Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Snow White's Scary Adventures
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Mad Tea Party
"it's a small world"

Tomorrowland
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
Astro Orbiter
Stitch's Great Escape
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
Space Mountain
Tomorrowland Transit Authority
Monsters INC. Laugh Floor
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
The Launching Pad at Rockettower Plaza
Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies

Mickey's Toontown Fair
The Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm

Hit the headliner rides, Peter Pan, etc. This is not one of those nights where you want to skip the parade or fireworks shows! Personally I will happily skip the Villains Mix and Mingle (if they do this show this year). If that show is the same as last year it was not very good and just a little too uhmmm well it was not to my liking, bad stage show with bad music, etc. Use this time to hit the big rides. Peter Pan, Splash Mountain (beware of your costume choice on wet rides).

Want to meet and greet with a certain character, look up the times and get there very early! We missed SW and the 7ds because we were a little late last time. Very sad. Check out the Mad Hatter Treat Party. not many people go back there and there is always good candy, plus pic ops with Alice, The Red Queen, etc!

Not sure what else to add... will think about it and get back to you. For further updates and info check out the Intercot MNSSHP link here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/halloween/default.asp).
:pipes:
D

Belster
05-03-2009, 10:28 AM
I would agree with most of what the other posters said but we do try to hit the rides because there is really no wait at all. We love rides and LOVE being able to walk right on again and again. We also saw everything there was to offer such as the parade, do not miss it, the fireworks...beautiful and I would agree about the villian show. We watched most of it but then continued on to the rides.

Take in everything you can. The way the park is during MNSSHP is the only time you will see it this way. The same music is plaing throughout the park. It is very dark throughout, and the ambiance is amazing. We have so much fun walking around and just doing whatever we see and find.

You will have so much fun!!!

deedeebee
05-03-2009, 10:38 AM
We went in '08 and it was fantastic :thumbsup:, We watched the parade from right in front of Columbia house near frontier land and also in front of Pecos Bills is a good place, there was only enough room for one person behind the rope and we could lean on the wall and nobody could get in front of you. I would definitely do it again.

DANAM
05-03-2009, 10:48 AM
We went in '08 as well. I would definatley try to get there as close to 4p as possible. We ate at Crystal Palace for 5pm and didn't get out until about 6:30. It was very busy and the characters where taking forever to come around. I would suggest eating before 4pm or just eat at a CS. If you want to take your picture at any of the photo ops I would do that first and before 7pm. Make sure you do all the special shows. The best trick or treating was the path that started in toon town and lead you to Tommorowland. There are many photo ops and character greetings on this trail. We didn't do that many ride that night. We were at the parks for 8 days so we saved the rides for another day.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-03-2009, 09:04 PM
When we went last year we also concentrated more on the party events rather than the rides but we had plenty of park time on the other days. Go down by the dock for the paddle boat, I won't spoil it but look for the statue holding the lantern.
We did the trick or treating and we were mostly adults. It's not unusual to see adults doing this. The party was a lot of fun!

dmosher
05-04-2009, 05:12 AM
It's not unusual to see adults doing this. The party was a lot of fun!

Uhmm yeah.. that was probably DW and I... hehe
:pipes:
D

JPL
05-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Definately concentrate on the party activities before seeing the attractions. The parade and fireworks are both alot of fun. Don't miss Alice's & Mad Hatter's Treat Party a great place to fill the bags with goodies and run into characters. Also hang back in the line of the HM if the Ghost lady is out on the lawn she is quite entertaining.

TheMartellFamily
05-04-2009, 12:43 PM
We have learned the later you stay the more the parks empty out. By the end of the night we rides over and over again since there is no one in line. There have been times that we have rode 3 or 4 times in a row.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
05-05-2009, 01:11 PM
We shut the party down last year!! We've done the party several times but last year was above the top best party ever!
Make sure to get your pic w/Cindy's Royal Coach. It is so beautiful and the pics are so awesome! Take advantage of all pic opportunities. There are many!!
It can be very hot and humid also, so make sure your costumes are not too bulky.
Trick or Treating is a blast and the candy is the "good stuff"!
Make sure to check out the unique tees and stuff that you can only get at the party too. I got the most awesome shirt and everyone is so... jealous!:mickey: It has these awesome sparkles and diamonds all over this haunted Disney scene. Front and back.
Have a blast!!
Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

bostomco
05-05-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm so excited it won't come quick enough! :blush: Halloween is my favorite holiday. Thanks for all the great replys!

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
05-05-2009, 01:37 PM
It is one of our favorite holidays too!! We always dress up for the party! You will have a blast!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Have some fun for us too!!!

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave: