PDA

View Full Version : T Rex

marlaine
05-02-2009, 04:54 PM
This Sept. we've decided to try T-Rex for the first time. Does anyone have an opinion of it? I've read that there are different rooms inside. Are any of the rooms better than the others? When you make a reservation, are you allowed to make a room request? How often do the meteor showers go off? Are they in every room? :)

tcswife
05-02-2009, 05:04 PM
When I was there in Oct of last year they were not taking reservations and I don't think they started taking them since either!!! As for the rooms the Ice room is the best!!!! It is a cool blue and purple color!!! The meteor shower happens every half hour I believe!! Just to warn you it is very expensive and not very good food!!! It is very similar to Rainforest Cafe, just different deco!!!:mickey:

cinderella crazy
05-02-2009, 05:12 PM
We're getting ready to go there in a couple of weeks! :D One thing I can tell you is that you can make reservations. However, it's not done through Disney. They have their own seperate number. We can't wait to eat there!

dmosher
05-02-2009, 05:18 PM
I have heard mixed reviews on this place but still want to try it. I know when you arrive you can request a room and will be given a wait time (roughly) for that area. Not sure about requesting a room during your ADR's (when they take them), I am guessing probably not.
:pipes:
D

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-02-2009, 07:11 PM
We're trying it next week! (almost exactly a week from right now, as I type this).

We will report back (of course), but I don't think you can request a specific room when you make your reservations, but it would make sense that you could ask when you arrive at the restuarant, depending on how :crowd: it is.

The T-Rex number is 407-828-TREX.

marlaine
05-02-2009, 07:39 PM
thanks everyone!:D

Cinderella's mom
05-03-2009, 12:27 PM
It sounds really neat!!! But will it scare my ds? He will be 3 when we go. DD will be 7 1/2! TIA!!!!!

ThanxForNoticin
05-03-2009, 01:55 PM
You can definitely make reservations directly through T-Rex, but I expect the only requests you can make for a specific room will have to be made when you get there. We also ate in the 'ice room', and found it - let's just say interesting! The lighting made it a bit challenging at times to read the menu, but overall it was a lot of fun. Also, we found the food and service to be very good. Enjoy!

05-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Food was decent, large portions but pricey. Service was excellent.

Went by there a couple of evenings (Thursday) ago around 6pm and the line was not too long for entry.

Fun place to go to and look around, take pictures.

LudwigVonDrake
05-03-2009, 05:30 PM
I have reservations and will be eating there for lunch in July. Can't wait :eat:

Hayden's Dad
05-04-2009, 09:25 AM
We went in Feb and loved it. I think it has become a must do for us now. We'll be back in May. :mickey:

Charlee
05-04-2009, 02:21 PM
I am really interested in trying T-Rex too but is it possible to just walk up at lunch or did everyone have ADR's?

mudpuppysmom
05-04-2009, 04:12 PM
We went in December and had no ADR's (I don't think they were taking them yet); we walked up around noon and there was a long line, however they were seating people as they checked in (I thought this WAS the line to check in and about freaked out! until I understood what was going on then it was not so bad). If you can make a ressie, I would.

As for the food, service, price, all around experience -- I can say we'll be going back in October. The food was decent (actually good), the price was a bit high though for what it was, the service was a tad off (they had been open for a week I think when we were there though, so still working out the kinks -- we did not get our food and when it finally did come it was not at all what we ordered -- they did rectify that though, but we were still charged for the entire bill and not apologized to, so it was a little bad taste in our mouth so to speak). The experience was awesome!! DS#1 thoroughly enjoyed himself and wanted to just hang out all day! DS#2 (6 mo at the time) actually fell asleep amongst all the noise! The themeing is really very good! I like it better than RFC.

DVC2004
05-06-2009, 08:57 AM
Get a ressie, you need to call T-Rex directly. AS the night goes on it gets very busy. It's a large place. We had a realy early dinner, around 4 pm, and it wasn't crowded but by the time we left it filled up.

All the rooms are cool. I think the Ice Room is the best. We were seated just outside of it under a large Mammoth The food was good, we had dual dips and pasta dishes. We were way too full for that collossal dessert. The kids had dino bones full of icee drink.

Meteor shower happens often. I didn't time it but I think it was about every 20 minutes or so. Very cool place. My son picked a geode rock from the gift shop and got to crack it open in a vice. There are crystals inside. A truly unique souvenier!

MickeyMousse
05-06-2009, 06:20 PM
We were there in February and we found it to be sub standard food and way too loud.

The dinosaurs were great, the decor was fun but it wasn't enough for us to say we'd ever go back.

1DisneyNut
05-06-2009, 06:28 PM
The kids really want to see this place so we are going to check it out even though the ratings for it are not looking too good. If the food is anything like rain forest cafe as I have read several times I am not going to be a happy camper. I think RFC's menu selection and food quality is terrible. I have tried it three times and hated it every time. Maybe TRex will surpass my expectations.

javamama
05-06-2009, 08:35 PM
We had lunch there last Tuesday the showers go off every 20 minutes, we ate in that room. It's extremely overpriced, and the food isn't great IMO my ds is a dinosaur freak that's why we went. We had awful service, and for 6 of us w/2 kids meals mind you it was $150, no drinks either, and 1 app. They take advanced seating requests, not reservations I was told. I won't be back anytime soon. My ds didn't appreciated it either, so that upset me also. The decor is great though:thumbsup:

mdhiggin
05-06-2009, 10:20 PM
We also ate in the ice cave. I wished we were in another area, though. It seemed cold in there, and then when the walls turned red for a few seconds, it felt warmer. I doubt the temperature actually changed, though. It was probably just our perception of the icy blue color. There was a table in the curve of a giant triceratops in another area that looked really neat. The giant jellyfish was also very cool. The food was decent.

RAIDER
05-07-2009, 11:10 AM
We ate there twice last year and didnt need a reservation ( went early dec ) . Its a loud place ( louder that the Rainforest Cafe)
I recommend the pork shank its to die for :cloud9:

JabberJaws
05-07-2009, 01:28 PM
I can't really speak on the food, as we just sat at the bar and had an appetizer, just to check the place out.

I can say though that the atmosphere, themeing, etc. are amazing. I've always like the atmosphere of the RFC, but T-Rex takes it to a new level.

I am not sure about requesting a specific room, but I am sure it can be done. My favorite room was the ice cave that changed colors. VERY cool!

Also, I am not sure how often the meteor showers are, but while we were there just at the bar eating an appetizer and having a drink, it went off twice, so I would say it is more frequent (and much cooler looking) than the t-storms at RFC.