PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Wine

saunie
05-02-2009, 04:13 PM
We have the Deluxe Plan for June and are looking forward to 5 Signature dinners. Since my hubby doesn't drink wine, I usually order by the glass or small carafe.
What does a decent glass of wine cost at the signature restaurants?

Thanks....

TheRustyScupper
05-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Based upon the wine and the eatery, $4-$9 per glass.

dmosher
05-02-2009, 04:42 PM
This is dependent on the restaurant, the wine and what you consider to be a decent glass of wine. I know I have had a good glass for about $8-$9 per glass as well as $15-$16 per glass. IN the end, it is not that much different from any restaurant. If you want a good glass of wine, you will pay for it, but nothing compliments the meal quite the same.
:pipes:
D

SBETigg
05-02-2009, 05:23 PM
At Disney's signature restaurants, count on $12 or more a glass. I think $12 is reasonably average for someone with decent taste in wine, and they do go up from there. They do have some very nice selections at most Signatures. I didn't see anything less than $7-9 and I can't recall the last time I saw a $4 glass of wine.

We pondered going with the wine add-on for our last trip, and I'm glad we didn't. While you could get some decent bottles if you used two wine credits, they generally weren't a good value for two credits and the one credit selections were average at best.

Hammer
05-03-2009, 12:14 AM
Based upon the wine and the eatery, $4-$9 per glass.

At Disney's signature restaurants, count on $12 or more a glass. I think $12 is reasonably average for someone with decent taste in wine, and they do go up from there. They do have some very nice selections at most Signatures. I didn't see anything less than $7-9 and I can't recall the last time I saw a $4 glass of wine.

I'm with Sherri on this one. We always order a glass of wine with our meal at the signature restaurants and the cost is $10-16 per glass. It can be a little cheaper at 1 TS (using DDP terms) restaurants, but the cheapest I have paid was $7.75 at Marrakesh.

We do not choose to use the wine add on because my sister and I have different tastes in wine and would not be able to come to an agreement on which wine to order.

dmosher
05-03-2009, 12:18 AM
We do not choose to use the wine add on because my sister and I have different tastes in wine and would not be able to come to an agreement on which wine to order. I can see how this could be an issue. it never occurred to me that you would have to agree on a wine.
:pipes:
D

KAT1811
05-03-2009, 07:32 AM
Some fine dining establishments carry half bottles of wine. I am not sure if any of the restaurants in WDW do but this is a great alternative for someone who would like to have more than just one glass of wine but not a whole bottle. Some of the finer wines do not come by the glass and this give you the opportunity to have a good glass of wine without buying the whole bottle.

Although around here we have the "merlot to go" law that allows you to transport an open bottle of wine home with you. I believe you are supposed to transport it in the trunk.