PDA

View Full Version : Value Family Suites or Port Orleans Riverside?

iheartdisney
05-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Instead of stopping for the night (we have to leave late on a Friday afternoon) we thought it would be fun to drive straight to WDW, not tell the boys where we were going and have them wake up in their favorite place in the world. We have reservations at Beach Club for our trip but need a less expensive option for our first night. We'll be arriving around 11pm and of course checking out in the morning to go to Beach Club, so we won't be staying long.

We are a family of 5 so our only options are a value family suite or POR. Has anyone stayed at both? Which do you recommend? Any large families that have stayed at either? Please help us decide what to do! Thanks!

shadowden
05-02-2009, 04:29 PM
...if your kids are young, and you plan on taking mid-day naps, then I would recommend POR. Its more quiet. But if your just looking for something less expensive, the go the value way.

Have fun, either way!

dmosher
05-02-2009, 05:03 PM
If you can swing it, do PO. It will be a great way to introduce them to the magic and easing your way in WDW. I think POP would be OK, but it is very loud there (in both noise and color) and can be a bit jarring for us up in our years first thing. No matter where you choose they will be surprised! WIsh my wife would do this for me... "Honey why are we on a plane for 14 hours?".. "Shhhh.. go back to sleep..." (pats my hand gently)
heheh
:pipes:
D

bostomco
05-02-2009, 08:07 PM
POR is really nice and really quiet. I would cast a vote for POR. It will be a really nice way to ease into your vacation.

sainter
05-03-2009, 12:54 AM
If you are checking in at 11 pm and checking out in the morning, I would honestly just do whichever is cheaper. You won't be there long enough to check the place out or use any ameneties. :twocents:

Seasonscraps
05-03-2009, 06:57 AM
If you are checking in at 11 pm and checking out in the morning, I would honestly just do whichever is cheaper. You won't be there long enough to check the place out or use any ameneties. :twocents:

ITA!