PDA

View Full Version : Favorite *beverages* sampled in Epcot

MicMouse
05-02-2009, 11:04 AM
What are your favorite beverages to try from the World Showcase in Epcot?

I really have fun *trying* to drink a yard of Bass from England. Its always tricky when you get to the bottom.....

candleshoe
05-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Kasbah (sp?) coffee in Morrocco is a must every time I go. They have it at the cafe with the pastries- a strong brew with some Frangelico put in. Delicious!

SBETigg
05-02-2009, 12:36 PM
What are your favorite beverages to try from the World Showcase in Epcot?

I really have fun *trying* to drink a yard of Bass from England. Its always tricky when you get to the bottom.....

They don't serve the yards anymore.

I love the Grey Goose slush in France and the Fiesta margaritas in Mexico.

Mickey'sGirl
05-02-2009, 12:43 PM
The pomegranate kir in France. (Pomegranate liquer and champagne). Mouthwatering.

PixieMagic
05-02-2009, 04:00 PM
They don't serve the yards anymore.

I love the Grey Goose slush in France and the Fiesta margaritas in Mexico.

What?? When did they stop this? Although it was never a yard...always half a yard...when did this stop???

dmosher
05-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Yep, I didn't see the Yards last time we were there either. Sad, I enjoyed those a lot.
:pipes:
D

SBETigg
05-02-2009, 05:33 PM
What?? When did they stop this? Although it was never a yard...always half a yard...when did this stop???

Half yard, right. It stopped about two years ago. Maybe one year, but I think two. I know they didn't have them on our past two trips and our previous trip before our April trip was in 2007.

FLKatie912
05-02-2009, 06:13 PM
The pomegranate kir in France. (Pomegranate liquer and champagne). Mouthwatering.

Where can you get this?? It sounds delicious!

TikiGoddess
05-02-2009, 06:17 PM
I've heard awesome things about the Grand Marnier slush in France. It's on my list of things to try during this upcoming trip!

Kathy

AHOTE
05-02-2009, 07:19 PM
I enjoy a Viking Coffee from the bakery in Norway....:thumbsup:
The pomegranate kir in France is good too....:)

MomtoRooandRie
05-02-2009, 07:58 PM
The Grand Marnier slush in france is awesome!! Yum, my mouth is watering now just thinking of it!! :mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
05-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Where can you get this?? It sounds delicious!
It was at a kiosk at the F&W festival, and it was still there last March. :thumbsup:

hokies4life
05-02-2009, 11:01 PM
It was at a kiosk at the F&W festival, and it was still there last March. :thumbsup:

So is this the same kiosk that has the Grand Marnier Slush and Grey Goose Slush? I might have to add this to my list of things to try in August.

:marg:

dmosher
05-02-2009, 11:38 PM
So is this the same kiosk that has the Grand Marnier Slush and Grey Goose Slush? I might have to add this to my list of things to try in August.:marg:

Man! that sounds good. Wish we could be there for that too!
:pipes:
D

Bobby T
05-03-2009, 02:24 AM
Very Simple...enter Les Vins de France...order a glass of wine or champagne...exit and explore the pavilion and stores while finishing your drink...repeat...:number1:

cjb121879
05-03-2009, 09:51 AM
We love the Grand Marnier and Grey Goose slushes from the kiosk in France. But we also love grabbing a small glass of sake from the bar at the back of the department store in Japan. When we were last there in September 2007, the bartender gave the sake to us in small, patterned cups that we got to keep. She even wrote our names in Japanese on the underside of the cup!

poeticeclipse
05-03-2009, 12:02 PM
I love Norwegian beer!

I have also heard great things about the Grand Marnier Slush! Gonna try that next time!

Cinderella's mom
05-03-2009, 12:19 PM
And I think the wildest thing I have ever tried there was the Watermelon Coke in Ice Cool Station! :blush: I need to explore more!

From the sound of it, I need to try at least one drink from every country! Only problem is that I don't ike beer! Would love to try the slushes and margaritas! Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!:thumbsup:

DisneyCouture
05-03-2009, 02:17 PM
I have 3 :Bellini, Pomegranate Kir & Grand Marnier Slush. Not to be had all in the same day. ;)

BluewaterBrad
05-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Great BEER post!! I am sorry, but all i do is search for my good Buddy Weiser!!:beer::beer::mickey:

MickeyandTink
05-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Nothing beats a fiesta margarita :marg: on a hot day. However, I keep hearing so many good things about the grey goose slush I may have to try one this year while strolling through France. :mickey:

Magic Smiles
05-04-2009, 08:01 AM
I've heard awesome things about the Grand Marnier slush in France. It's on my list of things to try during this upcoming trip!

Kathy
It is AMAZING. Only problem with them is that they seem to disappear.....don't know where they go? And then I want another one:mickey:

TikiLounger
05-04-2009, 09:04 AM
Okay...I always get a Margarita (or several) in Mexico, but, you've all convinced my to try the Grey Goose and Gran Marnier slushes. Yum...This is good information since it's gonna be just me and my husband in September. We'll be free to "sample" all we want!:marg:

TheMartellFamily
05-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Fiesta margarita, Casa Beer from Morrocco, and Kirin Beer from Japan are faves for rounds around the WS. During the EIFAWF it has to be a glass of Champagne from that kiosk. There is so much to choose from, they are all so good.

AllyMonkey
05-04-2009, 06:35 PM
A shot of Beverly hits the spot every time. :thumbsup:

snerd475
05-04-2009, 06:53 PM

Kathy

LOVE the Grand Marnier slushie. It's a must-do every time now.

I love the Fiesta Margaritas as well, but I get them without the green apple flavor.

DisneyorBust
05-05-2009, 06:20 AM
Either a cold Beck's:beer: or an Optimater:beer: at the Germany pavillion.

JabberJaws
05-05-2009, 10:22 AM
I must say that I have always been partial to the half-yard (it was there when we were there back in Oct). The giant stein in Germany is fun too.:beer:

crazyred11588
05-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Rosa Regale wine in the Italian Pavillion.
Guinness at the UK pavillion.

So happy because a liquer shop here in Indy now carries the Rosa as well as our local Sams Club!:thumbsup:

mrp4352
05-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Another Grand Marnier slushie lover here!

Also, the mint tea in the little Moroccan kiosk (non-alcoholic, and lovely on a hot, humid afternoon)

Ohh, and the plum wine slushie at the tea shop in China!

Pan
05-29-2009, 02:36 AM
I know I've said this before, but man, I miss Ringness.

FenwayGirl
05-29-2009, 08:58 AM
My 2 favorites

Rosa Regale - Italy (delicious!)

and

Fairy Tale wine (sold in most table service restaurants...only can be bought in Epcot)

jcvalenti
05-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Hmmm .... I think I already answered this question .... copied from another thread (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=148863):

"Let's see ... not that I have my entire Epcot day's drinking pre-planned ... but here's how it usually goes. I'm a big guy though ... so you might want to skip a world or two if you're worried about getting a little carried away. I also usually go in June or July, so I'm sweating out that alchol pretty quick.

1. Flight arrives at 12:05 pm. Arrive Epcot 1:10. Enter from International Gateway, stopping at ESPN for a "Welcome to Disney" Corona to tide us over for the long (5 minute) walk to Epcot.

2. Enter Epcot; proceed directly to Rose & Crown pub. 1 or 2 Black & Tans, depending.

3. To France ! And Bordeaux from the wine shop. Or a glass of chilled Pouilly-Fuisse. Wife prefers the Grey Goose & Lemonade slushy.

4. To Morrocco ! Time for a pick me up - a cup of Morroccan Coffee.

5. Skip Japan (for drinking at least). You're only a 1 minute walk from the American Pavillion, which offers some wonderful and refreshing New York State Rieslings. Perfect wine for the hot Florida sun.

6. Italy: No doubt here. Pick up another glass of wine (I go with the Amarone, usually) from the shop.

7. Germany: Here's where I usually shift gears for the remainder of the walk towards the big ball. Time to go with a nice supersized beer. Usually something heavy, like the seasonal Beck's Dark. If I want to stay with the wine, there's an incredible selection of fine German rieslings in the shop.

8. Usually by now I'm tumbling, so I boomerang around the Outpost and China at a glacial pace, until I reach Norway ! Time to grab a bench and enjoy a couple of fabulous Carlsberg beers while I enjoy the scenery (usually the Norwegian girls, who are incredibly beautfiul !)

9. Mexico: This is where it all falls apart. Amateurs will grab a margarita, because you have to get a margarita in Mexico, right ? Wrong. Do NOT introduce hard liquor into the mix at this point. It can get ugly. Just get a nice Dos Equis or Corona, to keep you hydrated until you wrap up the booze trip around the world at ....

10. OH CANADA ! THE HOME OF EXCELLENT BEERS ! Find the stand with the selection of Unibroue beers, order a tripple style La Fin Du Monde and get ready to put a cap in that 21st birthday jog.

This is also the point where the kids insist on going on a ride and by now, dad is more than ready to sleep his way through Spaceship Earth or the Universe of Energy.
"

KatrinaJ91
05-29-2009, 04:10 PM
hahahahah.....jcvalenti,
we want to go to Epcot with you!!! :beer:

This sounds like a fairly expensive trip around the World though, but well worth it, I assume!

PopeCharming
05-29-2009, 04:13 PM
I am a great advocate of Strongbow hard cider from the Rose & Crown, or the immediate drink kiosk outside of it.

jcvalenti
05-29-2009, 11:36 PM
hahahahah.....jcvalenti,
we want to go to Epcot with you!!! :beer:

This sounds like a fairly expensive trip around the World though, but well worth it, I assume!

Hey - we go large or we stay home. It is a pretty pricey stroll, though ... even worse during Food & Wine :)

Daddy Mouse
05-30-2009, 09:04 AM
:marg:Margaritas in Mexico:party:, DW wants to try the Grey Goose slush in France. I like to try different :beer::beer:

GINNY69
05-30-2009, 08:58 PM
What exactly is a grey goose slush?

spoiledraf
05-30-2009, 10:10 PM
A Margarita in Mexico pretty much ended my trip around the World. Not sure if thats a plus or minus as my favorite beverage! :D

jcvalenti
05-31-2009, 10:47 AM
What exactly is a grey goose slush?

In the French pavillion, they have a stand that serves two frozen adult beverages: A Grand Marnier Orange flavored "slush", and a Grey Goose Vodka and Lemon "slush". The Grand Marnier gets all the plus, but after having extensively sampled both, I would recommend the lemonaide like Grey Goose option.

Actually, who am I kidding ? I usually skip the stand and head inside the store to get a glass of chilled Pouilly-Fuisse, a refreshing and very appealing white wine.

johnO
05-31-2009, 12:45 PM
I think I may have seen jcvalenti staggering around Epcot before....:secret:

barbiegirl314
06-02-2009, 11:57 AM
I like the margaritas in Mexio, it's fun to mix the flavors for diffrent combos.:marg:

Shauny
06-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Every since I saw Samantha Brown's DW fav things on the Travel channel I have been counting down the days until I can try a Grand Mariner slush. My hubby and I want to try both (we noticed the Grey Goose slush even though Samantha didn't mention it) and said we'd decide which one was the best between the 2.

You guys have given some great ideas of what to try in Epcot, can't wait. Last time I came to DW I didn't even go to Epcot listening to families on the plane tell us it was boring. When I get back home everyone was asking if I went to Epcot because outside of MK, it's the best. I'm hitting all 4 parks this year.

Simba's Mom
06-03-2009, 05:56 PM
I liked the Canteloopey at the Tea Stand in China. It tastes like cantelope, and other than that I don't know what's in it. After a few sips I didn't really care what else was in it.

Boost
06-04-2009, 08:03 PM
LEMONCELLO MARGARITAS in Italy!!!!!!!!