PDA

View Full Version : How long after your trip do your kids still talk about Disney World?

MicMouse
05-02-2009, 10:32 AM
My kids still talk about our trip to WDW last June, just about everyday. I've created a couple of tiny Disney nuts!

Just wondering if anyone else's kids talk about their trip to WDW almost a year later....

:mickey:

Lakin
05-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Getting an answer from a 13 year old, here! I have been a Disney nut my whole entire life, and I talk about Disney World so much that my mom has to send me to my room after a while.

Cheloconnell
05-02-2009, 11:36 AM
We took the kids both in February and April and the three year old asks daily when we are going back to Disney World Resort :mickey: The seven year old, not so much.....

Suz36
05-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Indefinitely! We talk about Disney every single day, either reminiscing or planning the next trip. DS6 probably a little more than DD8. We went in Feb, and just this week DS has been looking over his maps. He gets as homesick for it as I do! I'm so proud of my little Disney nuts!

dizneefan67
05-02-2009, 12:15 PM
The last time I was at WDW was in 1999 and I have talked about , and planned a trip each year BUT I HAVE YET TO GET BACK SINCE 1999.
My partner has banned any Disney talk out of me!LOL I know its annoying but I just want to keep the dream alive within me because its MY HAPPY PLACE!:mickey:

jrkcr
05-02-2009, 12:33 PM
My DD9 talks daily about Disney stuff. Yesterday she said "If I could bring back someone from the dead, guess who I'd bring back". I guessed all kinds of people, but got them all wrong. She finally gave me this hint... W.D. :mickey:

She talks constantly of BTMRR, and the way it sounds, smells, looks, etc. She asks us all what our favorite ride is, even thought we have told her a kazillion times.

She is more obsessed than I am!
well, almost.

SBETigg
05-02-2009, 12:39 PM
We never stop talking. Such great family memories. Even after a new trip, we'll still be talking about things that happened in previous trips. My son doesn't talk as much about Disney, but he'll come out with something now and then. My daughter and I talk Disney every day.

Marceline
05-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Well my parents first took my sisters and I in 1993 and we haven't shut up about it yet. The MOST popular question during our phone conversations is "wanna talk about DisneyWorld?":mickey:

My daughter now does the same thing. We we snuggle up in bed and she will say..."wanna talk about DisneyWorld?":wave:

dmosher
05-02-2009, 06:35 PM
We don't have any kids, but DW and I usually start planning our next trip on the plane ride back home! What? It pays to think ahead.
:pipes:
D

MickeyMousse
05-02-2009, 07:20 PM
They NEVER stop talking about their trips!!! :blah:

Kenny1113
05-03-2009, 08:42 AM
My kids always talk about our trips. Just yesterday we were on expressway and we went around a bend both DS scream"its test track!!!". (Maybe that says more about my driving than their love of WDW :blush:)
DS5 will correct someone if they call a ride a wrong name or say that it is in the wrong location.

scootch713
05-03-2009, 08:55 AM
I took my girls when they were 2 1/2 and 5, thinking the 5 year would be the one that would enjoy the trip. The 2 1/2 year old ended up a walking disneyworld commercial. Out of the blue she would say things like, "take me to my castle" or 'where's the monorail". Now at 7 and 9 they still talk about it but do more talking about planning our next trip.:party:

ibrowse17
05-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Though DW and do not yet have kids of our own, we did take our 8 year old nephew for his first trip ever to Disney. That trip was in July 08, and he still talks constantly about it:thumbsup:

Disneyatic
05-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Our first trip was in 2006 and our most recent was 2007, and we still talk about them almost daily. Actually, last Tuesday we got out the photo albums from the first trip and looked through them all :secret: It was fun to see how much DD9 and DN13 have grown since then! They were 6 and 9 on the trip!!
We also talk about what we are going to do on our next trip and how anxious we are to get back!!!

buzznwoodysmom
05-03-2009, 11:38 AM
My kids never stop. They first went to WDW when they were 2 years old and 9 months old and we've pretty much been at least once a year since, sometimes twice a year, and they are always talking about our trips. They talk about our most recent trip and gradually that fades into talk about our upcoming trip. Yep, we're a bunch of Disney nuts here too.

mouseketeer mom
05-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Still talking. Still listening to Disney music, still looking at Disney photos on our digital frame daily, and talking, talking talking!!!

PrettyMinnie
05-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Can you ever stop talking about your last trip?? Ours was April 2007 and for the rest of that year, Disney talk was regular. Then it died down a bit until late last year when new trip talk started again. With the trip less than three weeks away, Disney talk is everyday! To the point of psychotic obsession...:blush:

goofysbabe
05-03-2009, 03:47 PM
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER - they talk about it what seems like a on a daily basis. We are headed back in Oct., so now it's changed to what we are going to do on the trip. But, they are always talking about our past trips. They've even made up games to play while we are in the car or waiting somewhere. I rather enjoy it! Makes me feel good knowing that we really did create some awesome memories!!!!!

MickeyandTink
05-03-2009, 11:48 PM
Our kids, especially DD8, talk about our WDW trip last year at least every few days. They both can't wait until we go back, which we've said "MAYBE in 2010". (What they don't know is we're surprising them with a trip this September :secret: )

DW :tink: and I weren't sure about going back again this year (instead of someplace new), but each time they talk about it just reinforces our feeling we made the right choice.