PDA

View Full Version : Online Check in Questions

rsumrall
05-01-2009, 04:54 PM
I know this process is new. Has anyone actually gone through this process and lived to tell about it? Do you get to pick your room? What if you have someone else traveling with you staying in a separate studio unit? Can you check them in also? Has this had any affect on the lines at check in? Where the lines ever really that terrible in the first place?

Any personal testimonies would be greatly appreciated.

wendy*darling
05-01-2009, 07:57 PM
I've used online check in twice now.
But I did not need to pick my room wither time- and I was fairly happy on both occasions.
There is a separate line for those who have checked in online. And your packet is all ready for you, room keys made and all. It does not mean your room is ready though. The first time we arrived at the Boardwalk at 10am and our room was ready right then. But the second time, arriving around the same time, we were given our key cards and had to wait until 4pm to call for our room number.
The regular lines weren't bad either time, but the online check in line was empty and I walked right up on both visits!

We go back again on December, and have 2 rooms reserved on our points (the second room is in another name however). I expect I can check both rooms in online, but will wait until closer to December to see how that will work.

I think it's a nice feature and will use it again. :thumbsup:

rsumrall
05-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll let you know how checking in multiple rooms works out.

Jeri Lynn
05-03-2009, 09:53 AM
If you are renting points from a DVC member can you still use on-line check in?

Thanks!

MdmMim
05-13-2009, 09:46 AM
If you are renting points from a DVC member can you still use on-line check in?

Thanks!

No. Online checkin is done through the DVC member website, so with renting points, you do not have access.