PDA

View Full Version : Computer Use in Room

Hull-onian
05-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Is there any Wi-Fi in Disney? We are planning on bringing a laptop for the first time. We are not sure. Thanks for your help.

DizneyRox
05-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Is there any Wi-Fi in Disney? We are planning on bringing a laptop for the first time. We are not sure. Thanks for your help.
Not reliably in the room. Rooms are wired. You MAY be lucky enough to pick up a signal, but even at the grand, my reception was spotty at best. It's still $9.95 a day, and the networks for wired and wireless were different form what I remember. In room uses the room jack for access, while wireless goes by MAC address on your wireless card. What does this mean? If you signed up for wired access in your room, I doubt you'll get free wifi acces sin the lobby of the same resort.

Maleficent_vf
05-01-2009, 05:31 PM
The WiFi reception, even in the area where it was supposed to be available (quiet pool at the Boardwalk) wasn't strong enough to keep the connection beyond me paying for access (bye-bye 9.95), though my laptop could pick up the signal in our room.

Access is the room is wired and is charged separately (9.95/24 hour period). I will say that their tech. support for wired service was quite responsive. We have a problem with the wall jacks for the phone and the internet and it was serviced very quickly by a very nice older gentleman.

Hull-onian
05-01-2009, 06:18 PM
The WiFi reception, even in the area where it was supposed to be available (quiet pool at the Boardwalk) wasn't strong enough to keep the connection beyond me paying for access (bye-bye 9.95), though my laptop could pick up the signal in our room.

Access is the room is wired and is charged separately (9.95/24 hour period). I will say that their tech. support for wired service was quite responsive. We have a problem with the wall jacks for the phone and the internet and it was serviced very quickly by a very nice older gentleman.

That's good to know. Thanks