PDA

View Full Version : You know your trip is almost over when ...

AmandaChan
05-01-2009, 12:12 PM
... you're at your WDW resort spending one of your last days by the pool/going out to the bus and you see a family walking around with map in hand looking lost, with luggage. It's one of the most depressing things in the whole world.

How do you know when your trip is almost over?

(I couldn't find a similar thread, hopefully I'm not repeating this!)

Dulcee
05-01-2009, 12:20 PM
...when i'm up at 5 am the last day because I am getting EVERYTHING in today that I HAVE to do before leaving.

DisneyOtaku
05-01-2009, 12:31 PM
...as we are eating dinner in the park our last night there, because I know in a few short hours, my father will get us all up so we can leave early :-(

ttccluvsdis
05-01-2009, 12:55 PM
When I see the ME tags hanging on my door. Then the crying starts.

Momof2boys
05-01-2009, 01:18 PM
We can't have resort delivery for our packages because we're outside of the timeframe.

Belle_0717
05-01-2009, 01:18 PM
ttccluvsdis - that is the first thing I thought of!

I guess also repacking to come back and noticing you do not have enough room for all your souveniers. Now off to DTD to buy another bag which happens to be larger than you need and you buy more just to fill it!

LovinWDW
05-01-2009, 01:30 PM
I know our trip is over when I see my wife crying during Wishes. She always crys the first time we see Wishes during our trip and the last time. Then we return home and start planning the next trip. :thumbsup:

Suz36
05-01-2009, 02:02 PM

My thoughts exactly. :mad: The first time this happened, I acted like a two year old throwing a tantrum and literally threw them in the room, refusing to look at them. This past trip, my DD took care of the antics for me, throwing them on the floor and stomping on them - made for a really cute picture!

alex61821
05-01-2009, 03:45 PM
so this thread got me thinking (dangerous and painful) do people who can go every day enjoy the parks less? i mean if you could go every day you wouldn't be sad when you leave since you can just come back. Do you think people who cant go often enjoy it more than your regular visitor? or is it like a good marriage where every day is better than the last.

Mousemates
05-01-2009, 04:02 PM
When I'm buying my box of chocolate covered coconut mickey heads and stepping out into the glow of Mainstreet after midnight one last time

poohspal
05-01-2009, 04:11 PM
When I get my copy of the room bill, and my pickup time for Magical Express. That is a sad moment. I usually ask DH, with tears in my eyes, if we can stay just another day.

iheartdisney
05-01-2009, 04:44 PM
We can't have resort delivery for our packages because we're outside of the timeframe.

This is when my panic sets in!

I usually ask DH, with tears in my eyes, if we can stay just another day.

I've pulled this myself with my DH...hasn't worked yet! :crying:

mouseketeer mom
05-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Those magical express tags are a killer. The last time we got them I walked the hallway and ours was the only room with the tags on the door. GRRRRRR!!!!!!
Also, that feeling of trying to squeeze in all of your faves, seeing everything you have to, cause you know you're out of time..thats an awful feeling.

Dopey's Girl
05-01-2009, 06:11 PM
I hate those darn ME tags too...there is nothing worse than opening the door in the morning and finding that envelope hanging on the door! But they always seem to prompt me to start thinking about the next trip too.

deedeebee
05-02-2009, 04:30 AM
When I get my copy of the room bill, and my pickup time for Magical Express. That is a sad moment. I usually ask DH, with tears in my eyes, if we can stay just another day.

Our family has apply named it HATE mail, that is when you know it is almost over. We also start to plan the next trip soon after we get home or when we get bounce back info.

Tigger&Stitch
05-02-2009, 05:46 AM
Aw, I love this thread!

For me, it's when I notice the laundry hamper has more clothes in it than the dresser drawers do...

DisneyPrincess21
05-02-2009, 05:47 AM
I guess also repacking to come back and noticing you do not have enough room for all your souveniers. Now off to DTD to buy another bag which happens to be larger than you need and you buy more just to fill it!
^ :haha: HAHA, Um were you like following me on my last trip to wdw? :spend: :shop: My family finally cut me off of shopping and told me there wasn't any room left in the car.
Ps. I stopped at walmart on the way out of town to get some last minute disney items. :blush:

I know our trip is over when I see my wife crying during Wishes. She always crys the first time we see Wishes during our trip and the last time. Then we return home and start planning the next trip.
^I always cry during wishes too. It's my favorite fireworks show at wdw. I always go to mk on my first day and on my last day so I can see wishes twice. That way I can see it the first time without all the waterworks! (Sure, I mist up seeing it the first time, But i can still see the fireworks, So it doesn't count! :secret:)

^aww I try that too with my parents, But it never seems to work. :shake:

The first time this happened, I acted like a two year old throwing a tantrum and literally threw them in the room, refusing to look at them. This past trip, my DD took care of the antics for me, throwing them on the floor and stomping on them - made for a really cute picture!
^ HAHAHA That is too funny! :laughing::funny:

I'm glad to see my family is wrong and i'm not the only "Disney Nut"
They think there is something wrong with me because i love Disney so much, yet they are always in the car with my when I leave for wdw.
Hey, It's there choice to get in the car, No one is forcing them!

candleshoe
05-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Great thread...

when little thoughts of the "real world" start to creep back into consciousness...what you have to do next week, unpacking when you get home, responsibilities that you've purposely forgotten about for the past week.

PDD- Post Disney Depression!
Can be pretty severe sometimes!!

ibrowse17
05-02-2009, 07:19 PM

Agree with this one! It really hits home that we are close to leaving when this happens:(

dmosher
05-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Hmm when we run out of room in our Passporter. that is usually the sign that the end is near.
:pipes:
D

goofysbabe
05-03-2009, 04:01 PM
When we head to DTD to go shopping - it's our last day tradition. We always go to DTD to go shopping and have lunch before we head home. That bus/boat ride back to our resort is a sad one - we have everything already packed into our car so when we arrive back it's straight to the car and head for home - I always cry and others make fun of me (they just don't understand!!). I'm getting all teary eyed right now just typing about it - :(

forever a child
05-03-2009, 04:22 PM
I agree with all the posters who said the ME envelope on the door. It makes me so sad!:sadwave:

I also get sad once we are traveling through the airports and we see some kids with WDW t-shirts or ears or WDW bags because I am reminded of how long it is gonna be before we can come back again! :fit: WDW is a great place to be a kid again!!!!:girl:

PrettyMinnie
05-03-2009, 06:11 PM
This is such a sad topic...:shake:

BUT, I will contribute.

When you can't fit all your clothes, souvenirs and stuffed animals you purchased in WDW back into your suitcase.

PrettyMinnie
05-03-2009, 06:12 PM
I agree with all the posters who said the ME envelope on the door. It makes me so sad!:sadwave:

I also get sad once we are traveling through the airports and we see some kids with WDW t-shirts or ears or WDW bags because I am reminded of how long it is gonna be before we can come back again! :fit: WDW is a great place to be a kid again!!!!:girl:

Just wanted to comment on this as well. I know the feeling of walking through the airport with a fabulous trip behind you and some family walk by in the airport who just arrived!! :(

DisneyPrincess21
05-03-2009, 09:45 PM
I always cry and others make fun of me (they just don't understand!!). I'm getting all teary eyed right now just typing about it - :(

Don't feel bad, My family also gives me a hard time about how upset I get when we are leaving! They don't understand me either. :shrug:
But the good news is, Your among "Disney Obsessed Freaks" Here so we all understand how you feel very well! :hands: :hug:
:wave:

:cloud9: 7 months and counting till my next trip "home" to wdw :cloud9:

Nini5055
05-04-2009, 01:29 PM
I know my trip is nearly over when I actually consider the possibility of feeding my dd7 to the seagulls!!!! Juuuuust kidding!!!...or am I?!?!?!?!?:D

BluewaterBrad
05-04-2009, 03:43 PM

Great one!!:mickey:

TeamJonasSister
05-04-2009, 06:53 PM
When you are leaving the park so you can get on the Magical Express. Also when you are on the Magical express bus, and you are watching the screen and they thank you for visting Walt Disney World.

c&d
05-05-2009, 10:24 AM
When I spend the afternoon of our last day trying to get some color while doing loads of laundry. I hate coming home to suitcases full of laundry.

bord1niowa
05-05-2009, 11:05 PM
We camp in a trailer and the night before we have to find places to put all the souveniers so that we can batten down the hatches for the trip home.:(

disneyboundagain
05-05-2009, 11:23 PM
Great post, but almost everyone is listing times that the vacation IS over. I start to feel bummed when there are less days remaining than we have already been there (half way point). Then I REALLY get bummed the night before we leave, knowing that I will be going to sleep somewhere that is not Disney the next night. I always stay up real late the last night and sit on the balcony and just take in the sights, sounds, and smells. I'm getting sad right now just thinking about how bad that last night feels.

Soul_Power
05-06-2009, 10:30 PM
When I get my copy of the room bill, and my pickup time for Magical Express. That is a sad moment.

I agree!

senderella
05-07-2009, 11:51 AM
When I starting packing the night before we leave so we can squeeze in a few more hours before we hit the road.
I hate leaving....it is always the longest drive home.

cmshelton1979
05-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Great post, but almost everyone is listing times that the vacation IS over. I start to feel bummed when there are less days remaining than we have already been there (half way point). Then I REALLY get bummed the night before we leave, knowing that I will be going to sleep somewhere that is not Disney the next night. I always stay up real late the last night and sit on the balcony and just take in the sights, sounds, and smells. I'm getting sad right now just thinking about how bad that last night feels.

This is me.... When it gets past the half way point of the trip I start thinking about having to go home. I hate that feeling.

Reading this thread is a bad idea for me since I arrive in DW on May 16, I don't want to think about having to leave before I even get there lol

caryrae
05-07-2009, 04:03 PM

Can't you just crumple them up and throw them away or "accidentily":secret: lose them outside. lol

buzznwoodysmom
05-07-2009, 05:58 PM
For me its when we have less days left than we've already been there. It always seems once we hit the half way mark the time just flies by. Its also especially hard when we are leaving and I see all the families just getting there.

MickeyMousse
05-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Seeing that dreadful envelope laying just inside the door aka:the room bill. :fit:

I've been known to make that envelope sail from one end of the room to the other......

iheartdisney
05-07-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm getting sad right now just thinking about how bad that last night feels.

Me, too! :cry:

Marceline
05-07-2009, 10:17 PM
For us I know the end is nigh when even my curmudgeon husband starts to panic and think of ways to stay longer.....actually makes me crunch the numbers for the feasibility of tacking on a few more days, and changing the air reservation..... and he begins babbling about looking into becoming a professional miniature-golfer for a living. :thumbsup:

Then DD loses it on the last morning as the bellman arrives to take our bags down to be held until the ME comes. The tears do the trick and hubby bites the bullet and lets me book the bounce-back offer moments before check out time!! Mwahahaha mwhahahaha MWAHHAHAHA :thedolls:my diabolical plan works.....and I don't have to be sad about leaving cause I know we are coming back soon!:cloud9:

DisneyPrincess21
05-08-2009, 03:26 PM
For us I know the end is nigh when even my curmudgeon husband starts to panic and think of ways to stay longer.....actually makes me crunch the numbers for the feasibility of tacking on a few more days, and changing the air reservation..... and he begins babbling about looking into becoming a professional miniature-golfer for a living. :thumbsup:

Then DD loses it on the last morning as the bellman arrives to take our bags down to be held until the ME comes. The tears do the trick and hubby bites the bullet and lets me book the bounce-back offer moments before check out time!! Mwahahaha mwhahahaha MWAHHAHAHA :thedolls:my diabolical plan works.....and I don't have to be sad about leaving cause I know we are coming back soon!:cloud9:

I try the tears thing on my Dad but it doesn't work :cry: :shake:

You've got yourself a great hubby there!
He's a keeper :thumbsup: :D

Disnamic Duo
05-08-2009, 04:17 PM
I agree with the one about not being able to send purchases back to your resort. That's a bad feeling.

Another one I hate is when you're taking the monorail back to the TTA from MK and the recording says, in a booming voice, "If this concludes your visit to the Walt Disney World Resort..." I don't mind hearing this at the beginning of the trip, but when it's near the end...

buzznwoodysmom
05-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Another one I hate is when you're taking the monorail back to the TTA from MK and the recording says, in a booming voice, "If this concludes your visit to the Walt Disney World Resort..." I don't mind hearing this at the beginning of the trip, but when it's near the end...

Oh, I forgot about that. That one's tough too. I hate hearing that on our last day.

It'sWDW4me
05-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Mine starts when I realize that I can't send packages to our room anymore. I can usually push the sadness back a bit with the day's dose of magic, though.

Our last night is spent at MK. Just before going under the train track, I turn around and say "Goodbye, for now" (tearing up just thinking about it). :(

I HATE opening the door to the ME tag!! :mad:

And, yes, I have been known to stomp my feet and proclaim that "NO!! I'm NOT going!!!!" before, reluctantly, getting on the bus and/or plane. (quite literally :blush: )

jonahbear2006
05-09-2009, 11:15 PM
When I wake in the morning and I am so tired that I almost can't pry myself out of the bed to go to the theme parks for our last park ticket. It doesn't matter how many tickets we buy. It must be psychological cause that last day in the parks always gets used for a solitary lunch or one ride and we quickly scoot back to the resort to chill.

LudwigVonDrake
05-10-2009, 01:47 PM
When the ME envelope is hanging off the doorknob.

eam
05-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Mine starts when I realize that I can't send packages to our room anymore. I can usually push the sadness back a bit with the day's dose of magic, though.

Our last night is spent at MK. Just before going under the train track, I turn around and say "Goodbye, for now" (tearing up just thinking about it). :(

My thoughts exactly.

AdventurerKim
05-12-2009, 12:49 PM
When the ME envelope hangs on the door and when we buy things are DTD. We wait until the end to make those purchases.

AllDisney
05-12-2009, 09:30 PM
When I have satisfied all my ADR's:(

Hull-onian
05-15-2009, 07:19 PM
You know your trip is over when everyone is quiet. So sad.:(

kbean
05-15-2009, 09:46 PM
I realize it's over when I run out of boxers......and money.