PDA

View Full Version : Discount Pins vs how often you go comparison

FriendsofMickey
05-01-2009, 08:20 AM
So, I am one of those who have never received a discount pin for vacation. We have been going every year lately.

I priced a vacation for my FIL and MIL and they decided not to go. Then my FIL went last year for the last half of our trip (last minute). This year my MIL got a flyer for 40% off. She has never stayed on property.

So, it got me wondering if there is some correlation between the number of times you have stayed and getting a pin.

Have you received a pin?
How often have you stayed on property?

My answers:
No
6 times (4 times in the past 4 years)

marlaine
05-01-2009, 08:39 AM
After staying at the Poly 3 years in a row during the same week every year, I got a couple of pin offers this year for the first time. I got one for kids play, stay and dine for free and one for 40% off room rate. At the Poly. that was a huge discount!
I used the 40% off. Saved over $800.00! Between the room discount and cheap airfare, our trip is quite a bit cheaper this year.
Unfortunately, since I am using the discount, I cannot use free dining, even though we're going at the time it's going on. You can only use one discount. We still come out way ahead!:cloud9:

marlaine
05-01-2009, 08:42 AM
Oh I forgot.
I've also read that if you don't receive a pin, you can call WDW and ask if there is a pin attached to your name. Sometimes things get lost in the mail!

disneymom15
05-01-2009, 09:48 AM
We've got probably 30 trips under our belts and have always stayed on property. We've only recieved 1 pin code.

buzznwoodysmom
05-01-2009, 10:04 AM
In the past 9 years we've visited WDW at least once a year. Our reservations are always in my name and I had never recieved any pin codes. This year we are taking two trips. One of the trips my mom booked and its in her name. For the other trip we rented points from a DVC member. This year I have already received 3 pin codes in the mail. Not saying that I only received them because I didn't have any trips booked in my name, but it does make me stop and think.

amd780
05-01-2009, 11:48 AM
I just received a pin code via email yesterday. I've been to WDW 11 times, 8 of which we stayed on property. Unfortunately, the pin code was only good for Oct. - Nov., and we're going in September.

Aggie97
05-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Since 2000 we have stayed on WDW property 1-2 times a year. We received several pin code postcards in 2002 and 2003, years when we visited DL and DLP instead of WDW. We do not have a trip booked right now (after 3 trips in 2008). In 2009 we have received 12+ e-mail messages and postcards with pin code offers.

Not saying that I only received them because I didn't have any trips booked in my name, but it does make me stop and think.

I feel the same way. I am certain that we never have received a pin code offer during any time period when we already had a WDW trip booked. But I imagine Disney uses a vast variety of criteria to pull customer lists for different marketing offers, tracking which types of lists and offers have the best returns, so who knows.... :mickey: