PDA

View Full Version : DDP question?

Leighler
04-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Can anyone tell me if there are limitations on the desserts you can get with your CS meals. I notice at some of the CS places they have cookies and such which cost $2-$3 less than some other desserts like a fancy piece of cake. Can you get any of the desserts or would it be more like a cookie, brownie, etc?

Strmchsr
04-30-2009, 09:09 PM
As far as I remember you can get any dessert on the CS menus, but you can always ask the CM to be sure.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-30-2009, 09:26 PM
I've never had a problem getting what I wanted for dessert on the DDP at a CS place...so you should be fine!

Tinkerbellaella
04-30-2009, 10:18 PM
You can get whatever that CS offers for dessert. Some offer really good desserts and some offer simply a cookie. There has been a time or two that we picked where we ate based on the dessert :blush:

hauntedmansiongirl
05-01-2009, 08:58 PM
You can definitely get whatever you want for dessert at the CS places. It seems like chocolate cake and cookies are pretty standard at almost all of them, but each place seems to have a signature dessert. One of the best places for CS dessert is the food courts at the resorts. Most of them have bakeries and ice cream shops and you can get sundaes or whatever you feel like for that day. You can also get containers of grapes or cut up apples with caramel dip for the days near the end of your trip when you feel like all you've done is eat!:mickey:

dmallan
05-02-2009, 11:21 AM
One of the best places for CS dessert is the food courts at the resorts. Most of them have bakeries and ice cream shops and you can get sundaes or whatever you feel like for that day.

I remember hearing somewhere that they will give you a ticket or voucher for dessert so you can get it when you're ready. Can anyone confirm this? I'm hoping this is the case, especially for sundaes!

DANAM
05-02-2009, 02:36 PM
I remember hearing somewhere that they will give you a ticket or voucher for dessert so you can get it when you're ready. Can anyone confirm this? I'm hoping this is the case, especially for sundaes!

Yes they do. They just marked our receipt that we didn't get the dessert. We went up to the same counter and the CM gave us the desserts no problem. We did this at several places over the years so I am sure it is common Disney practice.

PixieMagic
05-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the tip! Often I am not hungry for desert after finishing my meal (or don't want it to melt) but I would certainly love an ice cream treat an hour later!!!!:cloud9:

dancin Disney style
05-02-2009, 03:23 PM
At the resort food courts you can have any dessert that they have. The other places have a very limited selection of maybe 2 or 3 things.

If you want to return later for an ice cream they usually have a limit as to how long later you can come back. It is a reasonable amount of time. Approx an hour, but that is subject to the CMs at the time.

dmosher
05-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Generally you can take your pick of deserts. Also feel free to ask (assuming there is not a dessert sticker on the shelf below the item) as some times an item that you would not consider a dessert (i.e. water) can be used as your dessert.
:pipes:
D

JavaDuck
05-02-2009, 05:44 PM
The only place last year where we were restricted on desserts for a CS meal was Earl of Sandwich. The choices were a cookie, brownie, and something else.

In the parks, we had no problem choosing any dessert on the menu.

I recommend the school bread in Norway!