PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian

Magic Smiles
04-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Is there a fee to use the internet at the Grand Californian or is it included free in your room price?

Is the cost of parking included or is there an additional charge for parking at the Grand Californian?

We have a 7 night reservation here.

Think I found my own answer. They are included in this $10.00 per day resort fee. Is this resort fee something that has to be paid in addition once we arrive or will I have already paid it when my reservation is paid up?

NotaGeek
04-30-2009, 05:55 PM
Internet and parking are included in your resort fee. The $10 per day fee is payable at check-in for those not using a credit card for incidentals, or if you put down your credit card it is charged at check-out. :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
05-02-2009, 01:46 PM
I think the resort fee is up to something like $13 per day now, not $10.

I was looking into a stay there coming up, and it was like $13.80 or something...

Just wanted to pass that along.

dmosher
05-02-2009, 06:15 PM
I know if you stay at the Villas in DWD this is included in your room rate. I wonder if it matters if your using your DVC points. Would I get the internet, etc included as well? DW and I will be staying there for the first time this year!
:pipes:

Carol
05-02-2009, 06:17 PM
I know if you stay at the Villas in DWD this is included in your room rate. I wonder if it matters if your using your DVC points. Would I get the internet, etc included as well? DW and I will be staying there for the first time this year!

If you use points it's all inclusive. That includes additional adults and internet/newspaper...etc. It applies to all rooms when using points.

Magic Smiles
05-02-2009, 07:55 PM
I don't understand why they charge you a "resort fee", when everyone is charged it. Why isn't it already included in the price of the very expensive room? It is certainly a rip off for anyone who doesn't have either a car or the need for internet. What else does this "resort fee" cover?

NotaGeek
05-02-2009, 08:17 PM
I don't understand why they charge you a "resort fee", when everyone is charged it. Why isn't it already included in the price of the very expensive room? It is certainly a rip off for anyone who doesn't have either a car or the need for internet. What else does this "resort fee" cover?
Newspaper daily, gym usage, upkeep of the pools and other facilities ... most upscale resorts charge this type of fee. I believe because of how laws are the fee must be paid separately from the room.

dmosher
05-02-2009, 11:53 PM
If you use points it's all inclusive. That includes additional adults and internet/newspaper...etc. It applies to all rooms when using points.

Sweet, thanks, that is one less fee to worry about then.
D

tinkwest
05-05-2009, 11:02 AM
An additional note on parking - Self parking is included, valet parking is extra.

And you pretty much can't escape resort fees. Even the less expensive hotels across Harbor Blvd that I have stayed at charge that fee.

Magic Smiles
05-05-2009, 04:55 PM
An additional note on parking - Self parking is included, valet parking is extra.

And you pretty much can't escape resort fees. Even the less expensive hotels across Harbor Blvd that I have stayed at charge that fee.

Is the Resort Fee something to do with California? Not that I have travelled a whole lot outside of Canada, but I have never heard of it before.

I am wondering if the Universal Hilton in LA will also have this? Just like to be prepared.

*Mulan*
05-09-2009, 10:53 PM
At Washington state resorts & spas they charge the "resort fee" too. We're going to a lodge/resort/spa for a Memorial Day weekend a few hours away and the fee is $20 a day!