PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on what all these new pin codes mean...

Dsnygirl
04-30-2009, 04:33 PM
:mickey: So, as frustrated as I am to NEVER be on the receiving end of any PIN codes (:(), I am surprised and a little excited by the fact that they're putting the push on for October already!

Does anybody else think that maybe this means bookings are down for the fall, and that Disney might actually have some good offers come out for the October/November time period?

I know they usually do have specials then, but they're not as discounted as other times of the year (I'm guessing b/c of the Halloween party and F&W Fest, not so hard to get people down for those...) so I'm hoping for some good ones, esp. on the AP front!! :fingers:

What's everybody else think?

Suz36
04-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Hoping for the same! We got a pin code, but can't apply it because it's an AP dining package, and they couldn't apply it for my in-law's reservation. I'm hoping for AP discounts AND a general discount! Is that asking too much? :blush:

forever a child
04-30-2009, 09:07 PM
I just keep reading these threads hoping to learn something new.

"Were all in this together":secret:

:mickey:

DizneyRox
05-01-2009, 07:19 AM
EDITED: Looks like they are doing whatever they can to try to get people interested. Seeing all the different offers, looks like they are finally taking advantage of all the info they store on guests and trying to use that to help them make decisions.

twinboyz
05-04-2009, 12:12 PM
We, too, have never been on the receiving end of 'pin codes'. I wonder how they figure out who gets them? I thought maybe because we go so often, we weren't on the magical list. We'll keep on dreamin'!:cloud9:

DizneyRox
05-04-2009, 01:13 PM
I thought maybe because we go so often, we weren't on the magical list.
Actually, that's why you DO NOT get them. If you go often, they don't need to entice you to come.

You're confusing the PIN codes with a loyalty program. Disney doesn't have a guest loyalty program, probably since about 1998 or so.

Daisy'sMom
05-04-2009, 02:20 PM
We never get pins either. We have APs and are planning to go for five days with the inlaws the last week of Sept. So, they made their plans (they live in New England) and are staying at POP. We thought we would be smart and wait to see if there were any discounts for passholders. DH decided to check out POP for that week and low and behold, they are booked. NO ROOMS! Disney told us they have a few limited rooms at Sports and Music, only preferred rooms at Movies. So we took Sports (it's the first bus stop).
Disney said the free dining is a huge hit. Guess so. Oh well, we haven't stayed at Sports in ages.:mickey:

mudpuppysmom
05-04-2009, 03:53 PM
I can say that we've been bombarded lately with postcards and emails from Disney.....they aren't that great of deals though.

We originally got a postcard way back in 2001 for a value resort for 45$ per night and could not take advantage of it based on dates. THAT was the only pin/postcard we got until last year.

I know some people have been getting them and just in the past three months we have gotten several emails/postcards, but again, the deals just weren't that fantastic, plus you cannot stack discounts --if you could, we'd be staying with them on a military discount and free dining. At the end of the day we have decided that for our wants we will stay at Shades of Green and be right across the street from the monorail for 1/4 of what rooms go for at the Poly, and have a bigger room too!

I wish I could pass on the discount offers we have been offered, b/c I know people on here would love to utilize them -- believe me if I could help anyone on here save money, I would do it -- we're all disney addicts and we need to enable each other!:D

Dsnygirl
05-04-2009, 04:36 PM
I wish I could pass on the discount offers we have been offered, b/c I know people on here would love to utilize them -- believe me if I could help anyone on here save money, I would do it -- we're all disney addicts and we need to enable each other!:D
You're too funny... that is so true!! :D

I agree with you that some of the recent PIN codes really aren't all that great... the free dining one during October interests me, though, and makes me wonder what Disney is thinking of putting out there for specials during Oct/Nov.

I think Disney assumes that many people aren't aware of the pricing and/or specials that come about, and just hope to entice people down there with what sounds like a good deal... and granted, in today's economy, any kind of deal is helpful! But being an AP holder, I'm holding out for some seriously good stuff.... otherwise, any AP special will probably beat out whatever they're offering.

That being said -- I'd still love to be on the receiving end of a PIN code, just to say I've gotten one & be able to hope for one in the future! ;)

MissTink
05-04-2009, 07:47 PM
We're booked for end of November - beginning of December for 2 rooms at POFQ :cloud9: Used the 40% off room email pin and saved like $800. Ain't too bad of deal if you ask me ;)

DisneyPrincess21
05-04-2009, 09:40 PM
We're booked for end of November - beginning of December for 2 rooms at POFQ :cloud9: Used the 40% off room email pin and saved like $800. Ain't too bad of deal if you ask me ;)

That is awesome! I wish I could get that deal, I am going the first week of december (12/03-12/11) And I am crossing my fingers that I will get a good deal. I am going to be staying at POFQ also. That is an awesome deal! Congrats!
I think I might just try my luck and call wdw and see if my family have any pins attached to our name that we don't know about. :cool:

PixieMagic
05-05-2009, 02:32 AM
Not sure but I already got a pin that goes through most of december (21st) in the mail today....that was 30% off rack rate of rooms on select intervals of dates....

DisneyPrincess21
05-05-2009, 03:50 AM
Not sure but I already got a pin that goes through most of december (21st) in the mail today....that was 30% off rack rate of rooms on select intervals of dates....

Oh man! That would be perfect for what I need. :tink:
:fingers:"Come on Disney, Please send me some pin code magic!" :fingers: :D

PixieMagic
05-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Good luck! If I could give you mine I would!! :(:fingers:

Ltmoko
05-05-2009, 01:45 PM
I was reading the boards last week when I heard about all the pin codes flying around, I had not gotten one in the mail or email. So, I called Disney to see if I had one attached to me (I have done this before and a pin was there) and I had one! It was for a room & tickets package. I had a room only. I changed my resy to the new pin, it was 40% off the room. I figured out what my room with AAA and tickets would have been and I saved $490!!! Life IS good!! I also did get an email that same night with the pin codes though, I guess i was ahead of the email. :thumbsup:

DisneyPrincess21
05-05-2009, 02:05 PM
I was reading the boards last week when I heard about all the pin codes flying around, I had not gotten one in the mail or email. So, I called Disney to see if I had one attached to me (I have done this before and a pin was there) and I had one! It was for a room & tickets package. I had a room only. I changed my resy to the new pin, it was 40% off the room. I figured out what my room with AAA and tickets would have been and I saved $490!!! Life IS good!! I also did get an email that same night with the pin codes though, I guess i was ahead of the email. :thumbsup:

I was thinking about calling also to see if I had a pincode with my name,
Does anyone know who I would call, Would it just be the regular reservation people. And what exactly would I ask them?

DisneyPrincess21
05-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Good luck! If I could give you mine I would!! :(:fingers:

Thanks! It's the thought that counts! :thumbsup:

:mickey:

I just called, No pin code's for me :(
OH well, I'll keep trying, Maybe there will still be a good deal offered when I go

PixieMagic
05-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Not sure how they work but I started getting them in January after I had logged in on the main page and told them which date I was thinking about going...if I remember right I was setting it up like a new reservation and then exited the screen and the survey popped up asking why I wasn't booking....not sure but maybe this has something to do with it? I had never gotten one before, but I have gotten 4 or 5 since then....

buzznwoodysmom
05-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Not sure how they work but I started getting them in January after I had logged in on the main page and told them which date I was thinking about going...if I remember right I was setting it up like a new reservation and then exited the screen and the survey popped up asking why I wasn't booking....not sure but maybe this has something to do with it? I had never gotten one before, but I have gotten 4 or 5 since then....

Now that I think about it I've been getting pin codes this year too and I also was booking a room online and then cancelled and got the survey asking why I wasn't cancelling. This is the first year in about 9 years that I don't have any of our trips booked under my name. It could be that too. Who knows how Disney goes about these pin codes. We do have two trips booked this year, just not under my name, and none of my pin codes were good for our dates, so I couldn't have used them anyway.

BMan62
05-05-2009, 03:21 PM

Hasn't worked for me. I've done that a couple times and have yet to get a PIN code.

Paiges
05-09-2009, 06:38 PM
We have never been before (trip booked for Sept!!) but did receive a PIN in email after we requested a Disney DVD online.