PDA

View Full Version : Boma, Toyko Dining and Citrico's

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-30-2009, 12:32 PM
My DH and I are looking to try some new restaurants. When we go in Sept. we are going to be doing the DxDDP so that we can have half of our restaurants be new ones.

We are considering Boma, Toyko Dining and Citrico's.

If you've been to one of these - what did you think?

Is there anything they serve that shouldn't be missed?

Thanks!

SBETigg
04-30-2009, 01:43 PM
Boma- Fantastic, so many fun dishes to try. Start with the soups. You'll have a fun, filling night and wish you had room to have tried everything. It requires a future return trip.

Citricos- Just had an amazing meal there last week. I haven't done my trip report/reviews yet, but wow. It was excellent. Great food, great service. Aicha, our server, really paid attention to us and even moved us to an empty table with a view for our desserts once fireworks started. It was a very special night.

Good choices! I haven't tried Tokyo Dining yet, but I've great reviews.

brewcrew26
04-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Boma and Tokyo Dining are two of my favorites. Tokyo Dining has been one of my best meals ever. The service is excellent and food is incredible. We have done Boma for both breakfast and dinner. Dinner is slightly better but you can't go wrong with either. I haven't tried Citricos.

Crow
05-01-2009, 02:34 AM
TD def, great sushi & service
Boma....not bad but I wouldnt say worth a special trip if you're not staying at AKL. there are other places that are greater.

DisneyGlutton
05-01-2009, 03:30 AM
Both Boma and Citricos are solid, if very different choices. Boma is a nice buffet with some interesting flavors, and as with all buffets there are plenty of options. Between the two restaurants though, I would recommend Citricos as its far more elegant all around. When I went, they had a very excellent truffle soup and veal shank.

PlutoPlanet
05-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Of the 3 options, we have only eaten at Boma, but that is our favorite restaurant in the entire World. There is some much variety there, we have eaten there twice some stays.
The concept of African inspired dishes lets the chefs do some very good work.
There are always several very tasty soups.
The main dishes and salads are also tasty and different (in a good way). They have always had prime rib (maybe sirloin roast) and good kid food for those in your party who don't want to try African inspired food.
The dessert buffet is very good too.
You can get a press pot of coffee after dinner; coffee at WDW can be below Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts quality.